PDA

View Full Version : A long time question: Yak fuel guage?

VW-IceFire
06-25-2005, 01:01 PM
For the life of me I can't find the fuel guage in any of the Yak series aircraft with exception of the Yak-9U and possibly the Yak-3.

For the other Yaks...where is the guage. Or was there none? If so...why was there no need to let their pilots know when the engine was going to run out.

Last night I was flying a Yak-7A over Murmansk in a new VFC COOP mission. Ran out of fuel in the last moments (it was a long mission)...never knew when I was going to be dry.

VW-IceFire
06-25-2005, 01:01 PM
For the life of me I can't find the fuel guage in any of the Yak series aircraft with exception of the Yak-9U and possibly the Yak-3.

For the other Yaks...where is the guage. Or was there none? If so...why was there no need to let their pilots know when the engine was going to run out.

Last night I was flying a Yak-7A over Murmansk in a new VFC COOP mission. Ran out of fuel in the last moments (it was a long mission)...never knew when I was going to be dry.

Fred_77
06-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Only the Yak9U has a fuel gauge, or to be more accurate, a visible fuel gauge. The other series of Yaks had the gauges in the wings, but this is sadly not modeled in the sim. Yaks, with the exception of the 9D and 9M, all have pretty small fuel tanks, and will run out after about an hour at high power settings.

S!
Fred.