PDA

View Full Version : Things to fix

XyZspineZyX
08-05-2003, 01:10 AM
i know I'm probably beating a dead horse, but here's a few things I'd like fixed:

Singleplayer:
- H111's do proper level bombing..no dive bombing.
- H111's don't turn like fighters..and the computer shouldn't make them after the bomb run (when trying to get back to formation)
- mg tracers....they need to be scaled down a bit. It looks too much like shooting from Star Wars. I've seen gun footage - its much smaller and makes large flashes when it contacts aircraft
- we should have more wingman commands esp when I sight enemy aircraft..and the leader just keeps on flying! There's no 'enemy aircraft ahead' or anything!
- there should be more spacing when coming into land. fighters (and bombers) usually land 1 min apart (or even less) - no going around crap.
- proper autopilot on the H111. The current one doesn't work too well...and trying to maintain speed and altitude whilst looking through the bombsight (and updating it for changes in the above) is madness!!
- finding the airfield should be easier - currently almost impossible

Multiplayer
- ability to rearm when landed
- fix taxiing (I think this is in the patch)
- fix the chat box - ie. if I want to send messages to my team, then I should be able to (unless I'm currently doing something wrong)
- P47 is too weak and underpowered (there's a thread on this)

XyZspineZyX
08-05-2003, 01:10 AM
i know I'm probably beating a dead horse, but here's a few things I'd like fixed:

Singleplayer:
- H111's do proper level bombing..no dive bombing.
- H111's don't turn like fighters..and the computer shouldn't make them after the bomb run (when trying to get back to formation)
- mg tracers....they need to be scaled down a bit. It looks too much like shooting from Star Wars. I've seen gun footage - its much smaller and makes large flashes when it contacts aircraft
- we should have more wingman commands esp when I sight enemy aircraft..and the leader just keeps on flying! There's no 'enemy aircraft ahead' or anything!
- there should be more spacing when coming into land. fighters (and bombers) usually land 1 min apart (or even less) - no going around crap.
- proper autopilot on the H111. The current one doesn't work too well...and trying to maintain speed and altitude whilst looking through the bombsight (and updating it for changes in the above) is madness!!
- finding the airfield should be easier - currently almost impossible

Multiplayer
- ability to rearm when landed
- fix taxiing (I think this is in the patch)
- fix the chat box - ie. if I want to send messages to my team, then I should be able to (unless I'm currently doing something wrong)
- P47 is too weak and underpowered (there's a thread on this)

XyZspineZyX
08-05-2003, 01:48 AM
rearm is there, you hit refly!! Why wouldn't you want to start over with a fresh aircraft?

"Ich bin ein Wuergerwhiner"

"The future battle on the ground will be preceded by battle in the air. This will determine which of the contestants has to suffer operational and tactical disadvantages and be forced throughout the battle into adoption compromise solutions." --Erwin Rommel

http://lbhskier37.freeservers.com/Mesig.jpg
--NJG26_Killa--

XyZspineZyX
08-05-2003, 01:57 AM
jttthomas wrote:
- Singleplayer:

-- H111's do proper level bombing..no dive bombing.

If bombers are left to fly their waypoints without being given a ground attack order they will level-drop their bombs.

-- H111's don't turn like fighters..and the computer shouldn't make them after the bomb run (when trying to get back to formation)

The He111 actually was quite a good turner (low wing loading, large control surfaces).

-- mg tracers....they need to be scaled down a bit. It looks too much like shooting from Star Wars. I've seen gun footage - its much smaller and makes large flashes when it contacts aircraft

WWII gun footage usually undersells tracer appearance due to poor film/exposure settings. I would've agreed with you until I saw the footage of Russian soldiers firing on the Russian "white house" during the Coup de tat in Moscow.

-- we should have more wingman commands esp when I sight enemy aircraft..and the leader just keeps on flying! There's no 'enemy aircraft ahead' or anything!

Try the #7 command "anybody help me". That will cause your lead to react to the bandits.

-- there should be more spacing when coming into land. fighters (and bombers) usually land 1 min apart (or even less) - no going around crap.

Landing circuits (upwind, crosswind, downwind final) are pretty standard for military aircraft, if you don't have radar, ILS, the only way to do it is by visual confirmation in a set landing pattern.

-- proper autopilot on the H111. The current one doesn't work too well...and trying to maintain speed and altitude whilst looking through the bombsight (and updating it for changes in the above) is madness!!

That's pretty realistic IMHO, I enjoy the challenge.

-- finding the airfield should be easier - currently almost impossible

Can't agree there.

- Multiplayer
-- ability to rearm when landed

At the least, rearming a fighter took several minutes, refueling more so, mechanical repairs forget it. Oleg has said before "Click refly". For example, break the wire in the Mustang (use >100%) meant that the engine had to be serviced and checked over before another flight.

-- fix taxiing (I think this is in the patch)
-- fix the chat box - ie. if I want to send messages to my team, then I should be able to (unless I'm currently doing something wrong)

You're doing something wrong. Send to "My army"

-- P47 is too weak and underpowered (there's a thread on this)

Already noted in patch

<center>
Read the <a href=http://www.mudmovers.com/sturmovik_101/FAQ.htm>IL2 FAQ</a>
Got Nimrod? Try the unofficial <A HREF=http://acompletewasteofspace.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=4&sid=4870c2bc08acb0f130e5e3396d08d595>OT forum</A>

XyZspineZyX
08-05-2003, 07:49 AM
thanks for the reply. Here's my comments:

hobnail wrote:
-
- jttthomas wrote:
-- Singleplayer:
-- If bombers are left to fly their waypoints without
- being given a ground attack order they will
- level-drop their bombs.

Have you tried the single player H111 campaign? The H111's bomb just like the IL2's ie. in a slow to med dive towards the target. Plus, I've seen some pretty mean turns (where the wings have gone past the vertical...come on...low wing loading or not..thats still a bomber.

- The He111 actually was quite a good turner (low wing
- loading, large control surfaces).

Refer above.

- WWII gun footage usually undersells tracer
- appearance due to poor film/exposure settings. I
- would've agreed with you until I saw the footage of
- Russian soldiers firing on the Russian "white house"
- during the Coup de tat in Moscow.

Yeah I saw that as well. However, don't you think the tracers on FB look a bit unrealistic? I mean, contrast them with the cannon rounds that leave contrails and stuff.

- Try the #7 command "anybody help me". That will
- cause your lead to react to the bandits.

Yeah, but thats a little silly isn't it?

- Landing circuits (upwind, crosswind, downwind final)
- are pretty standard for military aircraft, if you
- don't have radar, ILS, the only way to do it is by
- visual confirmation in a set landing pattern.

Yes, but in single player, how many times do you get the 'go around' call?

--- finding the airfield should be easier - currently almost impossible
-
- Can't agree there.

I'm referring to single player...pretty hard to find the airfield. Maybe its just me...maybe... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-- Multiplayer
--- ability to rearm when landed
-
- At the least, rearming a fighter took several
- minutes, refueling more so, mechanical repairs
- forget it. Oleg has said before "Click refly". For
- example, break the wire in the Mustang (use >100%)
- meant that the engine had to be serviced and checked
- over before another flight.

Agreed. but still..... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-05-2003, 06:15 PM
jttthomas wrote:
---- finding the airfield should be easier - currently almost impossible
--
-- Can't agree there.
-
- I'm referring to single player...pretty hard to find
- the airfield. Maybe its just me...maybe... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

you should delete the word 'maybe'. it *IS* you.

almost impossible to find airfields.... LOL!

Message Edited on 08/05/0307:16PM by Fresshness

XyZspineZyX
08-05-2003, 07:44 PM
jttthomas wrote:
- Have you tried the single player H111 campaign? The
- H111's bomb just like the IL2's ie. in a slow to med
- dive towards the target. Plus, I've seen some pretty
- mean turns (where the wings have gone past the
- vertical...come on...low wing loading or not..thats
- still a bomber.

Some bombers were remarkably maneouverable (e.g.
Hampden, Stirling, A20/26 series) and some defensive
tactics for 4 engined bombers (e.g. Lancaster) involved
becoming inverted. It probably wasn't fun to be in
the planes when being thrown around like that. (Probably
less of a problem in the Hampden - you'd be so tightly
squashed in you wouldn't be thrown about at least!).
The Hampden was roughly the equivalent of the He111.