PDA

View Full Version : Critique my track BnZ...

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 11:22 PM
Here's a track I made of a dogfight between me and a AI Ace P-39. I'm flying a BF-109 F-4 and the AI is in a N-1 with a starting altitude advantage.

I made some mistakes that I see, but I think I did a good BnZ job. Even though it came out to a draw when I came over the top and he came up to meet me. We collided, but as soon as he started shooting I lost my gunsight so all I could do was hammer down the trigger, and fly at him.

It all felt pretty good although I missed a lot of good shots early on which would have changed the outcome I think.

PM me your e-mail if you want to watch it. It's good for newbie's wanting a little demo of BF-109 flying I think.
Head on is always dangerous especially in a BF-109, but I did a pretty decent job of keeping it a vertical fight.
I lost sight of the enemy a couple of times though, and I missed some good shots. I made a mistake of turning with the P-39 but quickly got away using his blind spot. The computer acted like it used the blind spot as he had a perfect oppertunity had he seen me.

I started off and put him in a lag turn as he tried to follow me up. This really shows the 109's climbing ability as he had the initial altitude advantage. Watch the overheat also if your new to 109's. Notice how long I let it overheat, and could have gone longer. When overheat got serious I dissengaged with a vertical climb, and rolled away. Let her cool, and BnZ'ed back in to the fight.

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 11:22 PM
Here's a track I made of a dogfight between me and a AI Ace P-39. I'm flying a BF-109 F-4 and the AI is in a N-1 with a starting altitude advantage.

I made some mistakes that I see, but I think I did a good BnZ job. Even though it came out to a draw when I came over the top and he came up to meet me. We collided, but as soon as he started shooting I lost my gunsight so all I could do was hammer down the trigger, and fly at him.

It all felt pretty good although I missed a lot of good shots early on which would have changed the outcome I think.

PM me your e-mail if you want to watch it. It's good for newbie's wanting a little demo of BF-109 flying I think.
Head on is always dangerous especially in a BF-109, but I did a pretty decent job of keeping it a vertical fight.
I lost sight of the enemy a couple of times though, and I missed some good shots. I made a mistake of turning with the P-39 but quickly got away using his blind spot. The computer acted like it used the blind spot as he had a perfect oppertunity had he seen me.

I started off and put him in a lag turn as he tried to follow me up. This really shows the 109's climbing ability as he had the initial altitude advantage. Watch the overheat also if your new to 109's. Notice how long I let it overheat, and could have gone longer. When overheat got serious I dissengaged with a vertical climb, and rolled away. Let her cool, and BnZ'ed back in to the fight.