PDA

View Full Version : Need tips on the Mig3u

Userfaulty
12-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Lo all,

I have been trying to find a good plane that I like and so far the Mig3u seems like the one for me and so I had a couple questions.

1) Anybody know how many clicks of the trim for elevators with combat flaps out to fly level and does this really help?

2) At mid level altitude roughly 2km-7km what is the best tactic to use with the mig since someone mentioned on another post that its best above 7km?

Ohh and if you see me on servers and I open my canopy and wave a white flag..please refrain from shooting smiley faces in it..i am running out of sheets. Thanks

LEXX_Luthor
12-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Wellcome to Forgotten Board

Its been a while since I played the sim, but in general, try to gain altitude at fairly high speed, and then you can use it wisely. The higher you go the better you are in this plane. This aircraft uses manual fuel/air mixture control (I think under complex engine management settings), so if you don't reduce fuel, your engine loses wads power in the thin air up high.

If you have not seen the world's largest, and only, MiG-3 website, now you have.

~> http://mig3.sovietwarplanes.com/mig3/mig3.html

I suggest mapping elevator trim to mousewheel. If I recall, do this at the input box near the bottom of the controls setup menu -- I may be describing this wrong. If the elevator trim responds the wrong way, re-do the mapping by rolling the mouse wheel the other way than when you first tried it.

WskyStr8
12-05-2007, 02:04 PM
If you set the mouse to trim elevators you might want to change the scroll rate of the device in Control Panel. I think the default scroll rate is 3 lines at a time which isn't very precise for trimming.

Opie-won
12-10-2007, 01:22 PM
Do not exceed 550kph in a dive....airplane parts start coming off much past that.

avimimus
12-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Fly the Mig3ud. She is a dream. She can do 720kph indicated in a dive but you have to be gentle to avoid loosing pieces.

At certain speeds it is possible to increase AOA and apply rudder to conduct some very close barrel roles. It is also important to try and anticipate the aircraft, it is like a horse, get it to want to go where you want it to be and the guess where it actually will want to head and make sure there's an enemy out in front.

Hoatee
12-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Lo and behold, that's all I have to say on the matter.

alert_1
12-11-2007, 03:46 AM
Flying Mig 3U ii like driving Jaguar XJS - fast and comfortable - but you need be gentle at high speed.

avimimus
12-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Nice signature. Eventually the dingos will finish tearing up the state and start fighting amongst each other for the scraps - I don't want to be there when it happens.

Opie-won
12-31-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by avimimus:
Fly the Mig3ud. She is a dream. She can do 720kph indicated in a dive but you have to be gentle to avoid loosing pieces.

At certain speeds it is possible to increase AOA and apply rudder to conduct some very close barrel roles. It is also important to try and anticipate the aircraft, it is like a horse, get it to want to go where you want it to be and the guess where it actually will want to head and make sure there's an enemy out in front.

You were able to go past 550? I guess I don't have as gentle a hand as I thought I did. I hit 550-600 and control surfaces start coming off...

Xiolablu3
01-11-2008, 02:53 PM
The 'how many clicks' elevtator question is not really answerable.

It all depends on how fast the plane is travelling on what you need to keep it level.

I really wouldnt bother about it too much, I hardly use trim at all and usually compensate with my stick, unless I am flying straioght and level for a long time.

A lot of others swear by trimming your aircraft properly, but in combat speeds change so much that its imposasible to keep the trim perfect.