PDA

View Full Version : SOUND MOD HERE TO DOWNLOAD

diveplane
04-28-2005, 12:24 PM
http://rapidshare.de/files/1477692/sh3_sound_mod.zip.html

THEN SCROLL DOWN PAGE, CLICK FREE, wait 30 secs for download to begin.............enjoy this sound mod i made, all comments welcome.

russian_crazy
04-28-2005, 12:31 PM
No reactions? Did someone tried it? I have downloaded as well but, I don't tried yet. I have enough of installing silent hunter again and again. (installed it 4 times)

U161_Jaeger
04-28-2005, 01:42 PM
How about a little more info about the mod and what it does? As is know it looks like an add for a virus... no wonder no one has downloaded and tried it.

Regards.

diveplane
04-28-2005, 02:37 PM
no viruses, improves many sounds within the sim

regards

diveplane
04-28-2005, 02:41 PM
http://www.subsim.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=34598

Frederf221
04-28-2005, 03:18 PM
For those of you that are tougher sales than "HEY DOWNLOAD THIS IT'S COOL" Let me report what this mod.. mods:

Files changed:

... erm Nevermind. It says "File corrupted"

diveplane
04-28-2005, 03:49 PM
mod is fine,

File corrupted"? lol
funny thing is, many good comments at subsim off my mod

Frederf221
04-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Hey. I'm not the one hosting corrupt zip files with NO explanation to their contents. No, I'm the one trying to download it just to give my fellow community members a more detailled description of what this is besides "soundmod".

Clueless indeed.

lowdown762n2003
04-28-2005, 04:04 PM
I'd agree with most people give us a list of the sounds that have been moded.

diveplane
04-28-2005, 04:04 PM
jesus crist.....headshake

am out these ubi forums suk

Prvt.Cowboy
04-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Whats the problem with you, boy. I times where every downloaded files is subject to search for viruses and spyware and similar stuff - believing that people download a file that is just "cool" or has "many good comments on another site" is just plain stupid.

Thats just the way, those nice little things are spread - oh so cool downloads with no explanation whatsoever.

I dont care if I miss the best mod here. This is plain inacceptable.

BlitzPig_Rivet
04-28-2005, 07:55 PM
C'mon guys, lighten up a bit eh? I just downloaded Diveplane's sound mod and as a matter of routine spent a couple of seconds running it past my AV software as I do with anything I download. It's not a big problem.

This mod is perfectly fine and it's well worth trying out. The modified "creak" files are particularly impressive. Here is a list of the files that are contained in the zipped archive.

amb_Hydrophone.wav
amb_OceanSkyline.wav
amb_RainLocal.wav
amb_SubmarineInterior.wav
amb_Wind1.wav
Blur.wav
Creaks_Level2.wav
Creaks_Level3.wav
Creaks_Level4.wav
P02_$MGun_muzzle_flash.wav
periscope_UpDown.wav
Submarine_diesel_exterior.wav

You can install all of them or each one individually to your preference. I hope that lays to rest any paranoia still floating around.

Ultimately you have a choice. Either download it or don't download it, but don't berate the guy for providing something free of charge that could enhance your enjoyment of the game.

Diveplane, on the off-chance you're still around to read this, thanks very much. Great job.

hauitsme
04-28-2005, 08:05 PM
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>As you can tell, English is not his language <LI>He provided a link to where the mod is being discussed[/list]

<span class="ev_code_RED">Personal attacks are not allowed on this forum. Do everyone a favor and take a chill pill.</span>

Mylo42
04-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Blitz,

If Dive would have responded like you, it probably wouldn't be an issue. However, in this day and age, you HAVE to be paying attention to what you download and open / install into your computer. Certainly gamers appreciate modders that take the time to create something that enhances a game...for free but, gamers today are pretty well educated, at least familiar, with the hazzards of "blind downloading".

So for Plane, thanks for sharing your work. Blitz, thanks for shedding some light on the issue.

BlitzPig_Rivet
04-29-2005, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Mylo42:
Blitz,

If Dive would have responded like you, it probably wouldn't be an issue. However, in this day and age, you HAVE to be paying attention to what you download and open / install into your computer. Certainly gamers appreciate modders that take the time to create something that enhances a game...for free but, gamers today are pretty well educated, at least familiar, with the hazzards of "blind downloading".

So for Plane, thanks for sharing your work. Blitz, thanks for shedding some light on the issue.

Thanks Mylo, I'm happy to have helped. You are correct in that you have to be careful these days. In fact I'm forever being called out to repair the pc's of people who weren't.

That said, Diveplane did provide a link to subsim.com where the mod was originally posted with more info. If the link doesn't work, all that's needed is a visit to subsim, a user name and password to log in to the mod forum and a few minutes searching.

The result is that Diveplane has not only left these forums, but also appears to have left subsim.com as well, (may be a slight over-reaction) as a result of his treatment here. It's a shame because we have now lost a talented modder who only had good intentions.

It seems we have succeeded in right royally p***ing him off.

Prvt.Cowboy
04-29-2005, 05:26 AM
Honestly I think a talented modder is one who actually tells the audience what he did to the program and what he modded. Not one who only shouts "download my oh-so-cool" files.

That he left both sites shows in my eyes his lack of determenation to Silent Hunter 3. If I would be a modder I couldn't care less about such thing, I would keep working and keep posting - next time with some explanation of some sort.

Look at modding scenes for games like Nascar 2003 or Rome:TW - they take every advice and criticism and thank you for pointing them in the right direction and that is what makes such games great and let them stay on peoples hds.

Antrodemus
04-29-2005, 05:53 AM
Agreed... he did over-react, big-style.

It's great that people go out of their way to provide mods for us freeloaders http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif, but he should realise that it's only common sense to be suspicious of anything on the 'net these days, and when the only info we get is "download this, it's cool", I mean, I've seen some of the most blatantly obvious nasties labeled this way.

Apart from the suspicion aspect, isn't it acceptable that people are curious as to the contents of such a thing? What is so bad about enquiring as to the nature of the mod? Strange.

A.

BlitzPig_Rivet
04-29-2005, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Prvt.Cowboy:
Honestly I think a talented modder is one who actually tells the audience what he did to the program and what he modded.

He did, over at subsim. I suppose he should really have copied and pasted the info here as well though.

Originally posted by Prvt.Cowboy: Not one who only shouts "download my oh-so-cool" files.

Sorry, I can't seem to find that particular quote. Exactly where does he say "oh-so-cool"?

Originally posted by Prvt.Cowboy:That he left both sites shows in my eyes his lack of determenation to Silent Hunter 3.

Well, in my eyes he has more committment to SH3 than some - he took the time and trouble to provide a mod. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Prvt.Cowboy:If I would be a modder I couldn't care less about such thing, I would keep working and keep posting - next time with some explanation of some sort.

I've already agreed that he should have copied and pasted the info here after being asked. There's no need to emphasize that.

Originally posted by Prvt.Cowboy:Look at modding scenes for games like Nascar 2003 or Rome:TW - they take every advice and criticism and thank you for pointing them in the right direction and that is what makes such games great and let them stay on peoples hds.

Advice and constructive criticism is always welcome. I believe he indicated as much in his original post when he stated "all comments welcome", but in saying that, I don't think he expected to be ripped apart and accused of trying to infect peoples machines with a virus. That's hardly constructive.

Anyway, that's me done with this. I'm off to enjoy Silent Hunter3 now - including this mod.

TX-CUDA
04-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the info on the mod BlitzPig_Rivet. I have noticed that some of the replies here that can get rather caustic remind me of the early days over in the IL2 forums!

Antrodemus
04-29-2005, 08:38 AM
Eh? Caustic? Nah... Wary maybe, but no more than that. This must be "Global Over-reaction Day"...

A.

The_Third_Half
04-29-2005, 09:08 AM
When asked what the info was on this mod, his reply was along the lines of " shut up, and D-Load it."
Thats makes people abit suspicious. I'm sorry he left the community, but when asked what the mod changed he could have given an accurate answer.

These days, unprotected sex is safer then DownLoading.

bweiss
04-29-2005, 09:20 AM
Well, at least I thought the part about "no viruses" was promising. That alone should have sold it... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Frederf221
04-29-2005, 12:47 PM
Heh, I never considered the download to be a virus,ect threat. I was just miffed that I was told to download something without having previous clue whether or not I would possibly want it. The Subsim thread gave some, but not really satisfactory information about it. Most of what was changed had to be deduced about people's reactions to it.

This is why .tga mods come with before/after screenshots. Anything less is insulting and rude to your audience. I don't know what part of English being his second language means its ok to be insulting... maybe if he's French :P

I don't accuse him of doing it on purpose, just being ignorant of what burden and confusion he was causing.

Indianer.
04-29-2005, 01:26 PM
These days, unprotected sex is safer then DownLoading.

You never aw my ex girlfriend. Turning all my AV off and booting up Kazaa would be a preferable option.