PDA

View Full Version : XP or not XP

J.M.LLOYD
02-07-2006, 12:25 AM
Has anyone experienced this, total loss of joystick controls, at the start of or during flight.I seem to remember a post on this forum some time back saying that it could be a windows XP fault?[ FB/AEP/PF. 4.02.]I have to reboot and test controlers before restaring.Pain Thanks

Akronnick
02-07-2006, 12:37 AM
I had that problem a while back and it turned out to be my USB Hub that was about to die. After I replaced the hub, no problem.

STENKA_69.GIAP
02-07-2006, 06:11 AM
Yes,

Now before any competitive flight I look at my alierons and move stick to check it's working.

If it isn't working don't reboot, pull out the joystick USB plug wait 5 seconds, plug it in again and it restarts working.

This seemed to start happening at 4.02 (or was it 4.01?) but I now think it's at windows or stick hardware level as I sometimes check before starting IL2 by looking in control panel, game controllers etc. and often it's not working there. Againg unplug and replug USB and it start working again.

Kuna15
02-07-2006, 06:23 AM
XP or not XP?

XP +1.

bolillo_loco
02-07-2006, 06:28 AM
I used to experience this proplem with Windows 98, but I haven't had it happen with XP. I was still running Windows 98 until September of 2004!

han freak solo
02-07-2006, 07:14 AM
Probably once a month I have to unplug my joystick and plug it back in to get it recognized.

XP? 4 year old stick? Hmmmm.

WWSensei
02-07-2006, 07:51 AM
Possible bad port, not likely to be XP. Not counting mouse, keyboard and printer I have 18 USB devices connected to my PC. 4 of those are not related to flying but video editing. I've had ports and hubs go out, but never the OS.

HeinzBar
02-07-2006, 10:42 AM
S!,
From years back, many complained about the USB connection w/ the MS FFB2 losing connectivity. IIRC, it was a simple case of static electricity causing the problem...according to MS. The cure was as simple as unplugging, waiting a couple of minutes and replugging. The simple advice given out earlier is the cure.

HB

J.M.LLOYD
02-08-2006, 05:48 AM
Thanks All. shall try unplugging USB cord instead of rebooting ,keep you posted if this does the trick

Dash_C.
02-08-2006, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by WWSensei:
Possible bad port, not likely to be XP. Not counting mouse, keyboard and printer I have 18 USB devices connected to my PC. 4 of those are not related to flying but video editing. I've had ports and hubs go out, but never the OS.

18!?! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

han freak solo
02-09-2006, 08:38 AM
Now that I think about it. The times that my stick acts up I usually lose aileron control on one wing only, right after the game loads for the first time that day.

This happens whenever I move the stick around before the game has loaded. If I don't touch the stick at all before loading, I don't have this problem.