PDA

View Full Version : Aerodynamics anomalies?

zugfuhrer
02-04-2006, 09:19 AM
I have done some speed, acceleration and vertical climbtests on spit Vb, IX, FW190-A6, D9, Me-109 G6. (See my thread about this Spit vs 190, 109)
Isnt the spit supposed to have low drag? Some sort of aerodynamical masterpiece of engineering.
The FW seems to be a lowdrag aircraft, and the Me 109 as stated to be "The most uneffective airframe" seems to be gliding through the air better than the spit.
Can someone with aerodynamical knowledge please explaine how it can be possible, or is the flightmodel not exacly how the real flightmodel where.

zugfuhrer
02-04-2006, 09:19 AM
I have done some speed, acceleration and vertical climbtests on spit Vb, IX, FW190-A6, D9, Me-109 G6. (See my thread about this Spit vs 190, 109)
Isnt the spit supposed to have low drag? Some sort of aerodynamical masterpiece of engineering.
The FW seems to be a lowdrag aircraft, and the Me 109 as stated to be "The most uneffective airframe" seems to be gliding through the air better than the spit.
Can someone with aerodynamical knowledge please explaine how it can be possible, or is the flightmodel not exacly how the real flightmodel where.