PDA

View Full Version : What an up yours from Ubisoft

akirainblack
02-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Ok, I'm not just livid anymore I'm spitting nails.
I saved to get AC2 Black edition as I was told the 3 levels were "Exclusive content". I'm not sure if any of the idiots at Ubisoft understand what that means. It means ONLY people with that edition can gain access to that content.
I put in a support request with Ubisoft within a week of the game arriving with my issues. NOT ONE has yet been addressed, nor have I actually recieved 1 single helpful support message from them. In fact their last contact with me which was well over a month ago was to ask me to do what I'd already told them I'd done and post on the forums.
So, I saved and paid extra for a game that regularly crashes if I kill people too quickly, screen tears, trophies don't unlock when they should (I've done 3 play throughs now and still am missing some trophy unlocks for memory segments).

What have Ubisoft done? Promised the release of DLC in January (arrived on time). Promised the release of DLC in Feb (set to arrive on time and with my "Exclusive content" thrown in for free (in case anyone at Ubisoft can read there is a 20+ page thread with problems that PS3 players are having in the tech help forum). They've also announced that AC3 will be out before the end of their next fiscal year.

Is it me or does it seem that all this company cares about is releasing sub standard games (please don't get me wrong I loved AC and AC2 but if a game is released with glaring and obvious problems that and decent beta team would find (the odd one I can understand) then the item is sub standard)

They've ignored me asking how to return the game to them. Seriously, it's worse than Lucas Arts releasing the Ultimate Sith Edition of a game to screw over the people who bought the game at day 1.

I have little doubt that this will fall upon deaf ears at Ubisoft.

jimbo11235813
02-04-2010, 01:19 PM
I completely agree with you. Although it was called 'Exclusive Content', it would be unfair to those who couldn't buy it. However, I think it's ridiculous that people pay just $4.99 for the DLC and the maps/lairs (so only $1 extra for the lairs).

On top of that, the DVD and soundtrack are incomplete in my opinion. They don't have the all videos or the all songs (not even MP3) as described ( the description is here (http://www.play.com/Games/PlayStation3/4-/10287856/Assassin-Creed-II-Black-Edition/Product.html)). The only things I was satisfied was the game itself and the figurine (as described so no complaints about them).

One thing that annoys me even more is the fact we STILL have to pay the extra $1 for the 3 Lairs that we already have (when it's converted to pounds it doesn't sound much, but I (I'm from England) still had to pay more for the last DLC than the Americans did (paid 3.18 which is about 5$ according to google, as opposed to the $3.99 advertised price) and it will probably happen again with the next one.)

Edit:I know that Ubisoft won't do anything about it, but its still annoying.

ScytheOfGrim
02-04-2010, 01:34 PM
So, instead of being happy that others can get to enjoy these bonus maps for a measly sum, you want others to suffer for your inability to wait for something that was inevitably coming.
Yeah, that makes sense. Way to go gaming community.
What's your argument? That you failed to understand what sort of "exclusivity" that was?
Ubi never lied to you. It was exclusive. It's not anymore. Don't make others pay for your impatience and lack of foresight.

I can't comment on your other points, simply because they're subjective, not to be commented on, or simply invalid.
I hope you enjoyed your "exclusive" content.

MarleyMon81
02-04-2010, 01:39 PM
I got two of the Exclusive Templar Lairs with my MA Edition Game Stop pre order. Personally I'm happy they're releasing them in a pack since I didn't get the Shipyard Lair. I'll gladly pay the MSP when the Bonfire and the Templar Lair pack is released.

It's not like we paid for the exclusives and they're making the exclusive maps available for free to the masses. Everyone that wants them will pay just as we did.

PlagueDoctor357
02-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Who cares if other people get the DLC?

Preordered the white edition and got Two templar lairs.

Then went to EB and asked for the other one and they just gave me it.

I also played both versions of this game.

PS3 first, got a platinum trophy in like 3-4 days. Then proceeded to play the xbox version which has a bit better of a frame rate but a worse resolution.

akirainblack
02-04-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm sorry ScytheOfGrim My objection is that I was told what I had was "exclusive" therefore it is not inevitable that it comes out. it is something you can ONLY get by paying for the relevant edition, that is what it means. It is exclusive to that edition.
Please feel free to follow my further comparison between them and Lucas Arts.. The Hoth layer is exclusive to the Sith Edition of Force Unleashed, suprise suprise I have to buy that to get it because it's exclusive.
I am also obviously an idiot for expecting some form of support from Ubisoft. I mean it's not like I haven't had to complain to Bioware about Mass Effect 2 repeatedly since it's release, oops, I haven't. Or complain to Blizzard about Diablo 2, oh yes I did, but then they patched it BEFORE releasing DLC or announcing the next in the series.

The objection isn't against the community. The objection is that I was told it was exclusive, that Ubisoft can't be bothered to offer any passable technical support and that they care more about their pocket than their paying customer's experience. In either of the 2 current threads (PS3 and 360) about problems with the game, I've not seen 1 single response from Ubisoft. Their tech support point you there saying they can't directly help, you have to ask there.

N3V30
02-04-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by akirainblack:
Ok, I'm not just livid anymore I'm spitting nails.
I saved to get AC2 Black edition as I was told the 3 levels were "Exclusive content". I'm not sure if any of the idiots at Ubisoft understand what that means. It means ONLY people with that edition can gain access to that content.
I put in a support request with Ubisoft within a week of the game arriving with my issues. NOT ONE has yet been addressed, nor have I actually recieved 1 single helpful support message from them. In fact their last contact with me which was well over a month ago was to ask me to do what I'd already told them I'd done and post on the forums.
So, I saved and paid extra for a game that regularly crashes if I kill people too quickly, screen tears, trophies don't unlock when they should (I've done 3 play throughs now and still am missing some trophy unlocks for memory segments).

What have Ubisoft done? Promised the release of DLC in January (arrived on time). Promised the release of DLC in Feb (set to arrive on time and with my "Exclusive content" thrown in for free (in case anyone at Ubisoft can read there is a 20+ page thread with problems that PS3 players are having in the tech help forum). They've also announced that AC3 will be out before the end of their next fiscal year.

Is it me or does it seem that all this company cares about is releasing sub standard games (please don't get me wrong I loved AC and AC2 but if a game is released with glaring and obvious problems that and decent beta team would find (the odd one I can understand) then the item is sub standard)

They've ignored me asking how to return the game to them. Seriously, it's worse than Lucas Arts releasing the Ultimate Sith Edition of a game to screw over the people who bought the game at day 1.

I have little doubt that this will fall upon deaf ears at Ubisoft.

Thats not really an up-yours from Ubisoft. An up-yours would be spending 40 on the game putting it in the console and instead of playing the game you had THANKS FOR TEH MONEY SUCKA! on the screen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BK-110
02-04-2010, 03:58 PM
They've also announced that AC3 will be out before the end of their next fiscal year.

Wrong. It has never ever been stated or even indicated that it'll be ACIII. Everything points to it being a continuation of Ezio's story a la Bloodlines.

As for the exclusive content: I think it's fair that those who have the normal version of the game get the content after some time. Don't you think I pre-ordered it? But living half an hour from the damn place and having school on that day, I couldn't possibly have gotten it! How many do you think would have loved to get the Black Edition, but couldn't?

As for calling it a "sub-standard game". I don't know what's wrong with your copy, but mine works perfectly fine. Sure, I get glitches every once in a while, but it isn't gamebreaking and it really doesn't in any way decrease my enjoyment of the game. And remember that it's pretty normal for a sandbox game to have glitches. The way it's designed, it's near impossible to find every little fault.

MrNussbaum
02-04-2010, 05:14 PM
I'm sorry ScytheOfGrim My objection is that I was told what I had was "exclusive" therefore it is not inevitable that it comes out. it is something you can ONLY get by paying for the relevant edition, that is what it means. It is exclusive to that edition.

But it was known WELL before release that the maps would eventually be made available to everyone. Patrice Desilets said it himself in a couple of interviews.

bokeef04
02-04-2010, 07:11 PM

i find it funny you say that, as i know when i picked up the OPSM(Australia) it said exclusive never before seen screen/info etc etc, but most of it had already been shown in the GI that came out like a month before, exlusive means very little nowadays, and consider if it was the other way around and only America got the black edition, would you be content not being able to 100% finish the game?

the amolang
02-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by BK-110:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by akirainblack:
They've also announced that AC3 will be out before the end of their next fiscal year.

Wrong. It has never ever been stated or even indicated that it'll be ACIII. Everything points to it being a continuation of Ezio's story a la Bloodlines. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not just everything points to it being that, but it has been confirmed that it will be similar to Bloodlines. But its 100% confirmed its not AC3.

obliviondoll
02-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Last I heard, the upcoming AC game is going to have Ezio, is NOT AC3, and will have multiplayer of some variety.

Also, as mentioned already, the exclusive content was confirmed before release to be a timed exclusive, which means it's exclusive on release, but can be bought later. When they advertised it as exclusive, it WAS. I bought it for the whole package, nut ONLY for the exclusive in-game content. I wanted the Ezio figurine, which I'm still more than happy with. I also enjoyed that I was one of the first to get that content which a lot of players still haven't seen. I'm glad they eventually will. It's great fun.

And on my PS3, I'm also yet to have any real issues with AC2. I had the usual occasional freeze when AC1 first came out, then they patched it (pretty much immediately, I might add). I've had more issues with Bioware (Dragon Age) than with any Ubisoft product I've ever bought.

silversnake4133
02-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Ubisoft's money hungry. That's all there is to it. They have your money and they sent you the product. My guess is that they think "Hey, it's out of our hands. It's your problem now, not ours." Or some cockamamie bull pucky like that...

godsmack_darius
02-08-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by amolang:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by akirainblack:

Wrong. It has never ever been stated or even indicated that it'll be ACIII. Everything points to it being a continuation of Ezio's story a la Bloodlines. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not just everything points to it being that, but it has been confirmed that it will be similar to Bloodlines. But its 100% confirmed its not AC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, its techniqually AC3 since it is the 3rd game, but you could argue it is AC 2.5 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I really dont care what it is called, as long it is not a spinoff, or messes up the storyline, and it just explains more things to us

bladencrowd
02-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amolang:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BK-110:

Not just everything points to it being that, but it has been confirmed that it will be similar to Bloodlines. But its 100% confirmed its not AC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, its techniqually AC3 since it is the 3rd game, but you could argue it is AC 2.5 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I really dont care what it is called, as long it is not a spinoff, or messes up the storyline, and it just explains more things to us </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...as long it is not a spinoff, or messes up the storyline...
Makes me laugh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif.

godsmack_darius
02-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Well...if Ubisoft was smart they wouldnt make anything as confusing as it is,

caswallawn_2k7
02-09-2010, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by godsmack_darius:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amolang:

Well, its techniqually AC3 since it is the 3rd game, but you could argue it is AC 2.5 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I really dont care what it is called, as long it is not a spinoff, or messes up the storyline, and it just explains more things to us </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
working on that theory it is technically AC6 (or 7/8 if you want to include Iphone) there has been 2 main story games and the 3 offshoot games (2 DS and 1 PSP) the fact is the numbers only work on the main core franchise (the ones that advance the Desmond story line) so the multiplayer isn't AC2.5 or AC3 it is another named spin off title.

TheDarkKnigg1
02-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Tough luck buddy. In the end it comes down to whichever way they can make the most money, and they are making a lot this way.