PDA

View Full Version : Are we going to loose it?

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 02:44 AM
I have a very bad feeling abaout what to become of this game!
It started out as the most promesing WW2 simulater, i have seen and it is still good. Takin the eastern airwar hell, rather than the usual crush germany thing, over france and later germany.

The feel of flying in IL2 1.0 was lovely, I went right back to the happy days of Red Baron2 patched to 1.5 playing every night at KALI....Before they leveld out all the oddeties and downsides/upsides of the various planes,
in an attempt to satisfy all the dogfight twist and turn go low and burn servers... no more braking the wings off the albatros at high speed, no more impossible spins to recover, no more superfast S.E.5A impossible to catch at high alt, no more need of takin an alternative route to the target so you could get the altitude that benefited your plane and a lot of other things that made the game so unike, all this for the prize of eyecandy..This is at the moment not an equal to IL2 FB. Only my fear of getting there

More demands for new feutures like firstperson bailouts, g-meter, more weapon loadouts, direction arrows, hood up displays 1 million new veiws, this plane would be cool and that 1 too well what about this yeah... I dont think those are bad ideas and imputs to improove the game either, some more needed than others. But if we keep neglating the wrongs that still exist in the game and some of them all the way back to IL2 1.0 and continue to fit more and more new stuff, its spelling the end of this game, atleast for me.

Can you imagine that when 1.1b hit the deck one would have said, wow this plane can do what the games own aircraft-database says...... even that it does not match my historiebooks/performance charts,
now this wasent the fact. why? I have absolutely no clue, just 1 big fear. Are we going to see an WarbirdsII/III compettitor. that would truely be the end of the road for me. I do hope that oleg and 1c will pull the airbreak and get things back on the right track.

If anyone should feel stepped over their toes by this post, keep in mind that it is my version of the text. what i see as right may seem wrong to you, thats what makes us humans.

And to the hard workin FB-team.. keep up the steam, and proove me wrong..http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

This post is free for all to burn and grill, all veiws and aspects on it are welcome!

VH.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 02:44 AM
I have a very bad feeling abaout what to become of this game!
It started out as the most promesing WW2 simulater, i have seen and it is still good. Takin the eastern airwar hell, rather than the usual crush germany thing, over france and later germany.

The feel of flying in IL2 1.0 was lovely, I went right back to the happy days of Red Baron2 patched to 1.5 playing every night at KALI....Before they leveld out all the oddeties and downsides/upsides of the various planes,
in an attempt to satisfy all the dogfight twist and turn go low and burn servers... no more braking the wings off the albatros at high speed, no more impossible spins to recover, no more superfast S.E.5A impossible to catch at high alt, no more need of takin an alternative route to the target so you could get the altitude that benefited your plane and a lot of other things that made the game so unike, all this for the prize of eyecandy..This is at the moment not an equal to IL2 FB. Only my fear of getting there

More demands for new feutures like firstperson bailouts, g-meter, more weapon loadouts, direction arrows, hood up displays 1 million new veiws, this plane would be cool and that 1 too well what about this yeah... I dont think those are bad ideas and imputs to improove the game either, some more needed than others. But if we keep neglating the wrongs that still exist in the game and some of them all the way back to IL2 1.0 and continue to fit more and more new stuff, its spelling the end of this game, atleast for me.

Can you imagine that when 1.1b hit the deck one would have said, wow this plane can do what the games own aircraft-database says...... even that it does not match my historiebooks/performance charts,
now this wasent the fact. why? I have absolutely no clue, just 1 big fear. Are we going to see an WarbirdsII/III compettitor. that would truely be the end of the road for me. I do hope that oleg and 1c will pull the airbreak and get things back on the right track.

If anyone should feel stepped over their toes by this post, keep in mind that it is my version of the text. what i see as right may seem wrong to you, thats what makes us humans.

And to the hard workin FB-team.. keep up the steam, and proove me wrong..http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

This post is free for all to burn and grill, all veiws and aspects on it are welcome!

VH.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 02:51 AM
Great post, and I hope they prove you wrong, for the sake of this game/simulator..

Derzasi

eskimo-FHmod
08-23-2003, 03:06 AM
i am with you on this one. i hope they dont give in to the whinging and whining and instead continue to develop the game and its flight models as they see fit.
this forum has gotten so way out of hand that through all the smoke you cant even see the fire anymore. the few valid arguments that arise attract unfounded criticism in a ratio 100:1
why are in we in danger of losing it ? because people care about friggin statistics too much. they dont fly for the fun they fly for points.

<centerhttp://homepages.ihug.com.au/~peabody/ihugSig.jpg (http://www.fhmod.com)

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 07:51 AM
For 15 minutes I just flew back and forth in straight lines across ~20 88mm AA guns at 3000m in a LaGG and never got hit until about 15 minutes. In about half hour of testing I got shot down twice.

Maybe they whined away the ground AA guns cos they wanna fly straight lines to their dogfights and don't want to deal with AA in a server where they put AA. Now to get hit with AA you have to have 100+ "realistic" AA guns and that ain't gonna happen in a server so the Having To Avoid AA Problem is solved by easy whining.

Well I really don't know but the Pre-Patch (PP) ground AA was maybe a little brutal but that was OKAY cos you didn't have to set 100+ AA guns in FMB.

But then whiners don't use FMB. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Some old timer Noob at LOMAC forum was whining for improved grass grafix. There has to be western programmers *somewhere* that make a lawnmower sim for these Noobs. There must be.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 08:01 AM
Anti-aircraft is as the name say, something you place in areas to get rid of enemy aircrafts and one thing we all learned in the pre-patched version was... Stay away from them and stay away from enemy airfields that has AAA. I guess they did so in real life.. Stayed away from AAA-areas, the only thing that used to seem odd was when playing campaigns and flying the 111, you were sure to return with less than half your squadron intact... if you returned at all, and that's only the Flak.
Okay, I haven't tried entering Flak-areas in the patched version, but in my opinion someone flying straight and level is a dead dude..

rgds

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 08:42 AM
You maybe on to something. Maybe this game is going to the Gamers. Running to what the games own aircraft-database says and not to historiebooks/performance charts would make me change games. Maybe engine & frame hours taken into account would make it a better game.
If I wanted a game I would buy a playstation & be happy. When the computers are up to speed, it would be nice to have the grounds crews & pilots deployed as was done.
Maybe for the gamers this could be an option.
I guess only time will tell.

For everything their is a appointed time,and their is a time for every purpose under heaven. A time to be born, and time to die. A time to laugh, and a time to weep. A time for peace, and now it is a time for War.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 11:04 AM
Lexx,

As long as there are forums where we can express our own opions, the concensus hopefully forms the direction of the program. Like it or hate it...

I have designed many ground attack scenarios using FMB. Building a simple Port attack will result in a full squadron loss with but a few AAA stations and offensive naval vessels. I am still applying the missions to see how effective the update is. First impressions are good. At least 25% make it through a Cruiser attack. I cant wait to test my Bagration scenarios.

I can't remember where I first heard it but "never fly staight and level for more than 10 seconds" will always be applicable.

S!

System Specs
1.2GB AMD
512MB SD133 RAM
ASUS A7M266 Motherboard
GeForce2 MX200 64MB Graphics Card and Viewsonic E95 19" Monitor
WD 7200RPM ATA100 HDD
MS Force Feedback 2 ver4.0 / Strategic Commander ver4.0
MS 98 4.10.2222A, DirectX 8.2
3DMark2001=1045 BUGGER! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

"Fac Ut Gaudeam"

http://toadyspad.alphalink.com.au/avatar/brassembig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 11:16 AM
I wish we can rent these rare expensive planes from museums and make a robot fly them to record the fm. That's not ganna happen and the fm/dm will never be 100% real.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 11:56 AM
VMF-214_Merkava wrote:
- I wish we can rent these rare expensive planes from
- museums and make a robot fly them to record the fm.
- That's not ganna happen and the fm/dm will never be
- 100% real.

Very, very true. But if you could rent them, you`d have to have a Human fly them. Whiner`s would never accept AI`s version of things (neither would I for that matter! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif )

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
08-23-2003, 01:05 PM
i played IL-2 1.0 online yesterday for the first time since FB came out and honestly enough, i can say i had more fun playing that than FB, simply cause its not as buggy, it was quite fun too, just missing a few planes to fly.

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_01.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-24-2003, 05:14 AM
I agree with you on this one. Humans in general seek the easiest path to achieve a certain task. Therefore being said, when it comes to gaming, the easiest plane, gun, weapon, character....etc..etc is usually choosen. This leads to weakness. Just think of working out, or lifting weights, Try to use the hardest plane to fight. Pick an me109 f2 and go against a yak7. I know that most of you out there can do this offline, but in an online server it would be much harder.

One of the reasons why I have the il2 series is for the realism. This is the most realistic ww2 flight sim out there to date. Please don't sell out to the whiner croud. The day that this happens is when I never play il2 again and Microsoft becomes king. For those out there that want the easy way, go play cfs3 or bf1942 and fly that $hitty flight model on that.

Leben Sie heute, für morgen zu k¤mpfen