PDA

View Full Version : Proper take-off with I-16 :-)

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 12:32 AM
So, hello again :-)

I love this plane, but I have problems with take-off,
especially with rockets under wings :-) BTW - I make campaign for I-16 and PZL P11c. But my problem is :
I'am old pilot, with experience, but take-off with I-16
is hard for me, because my plane is always (during take-off) going on left side very strong, I've tried everything (I think :-), sometimes is OK, but only sometimes.
Any ideas for proper take-off with this plane ?
With or without flaps, with different speed, with
many joystick combinations - I'am crushed :-)

I still play in Original IL2-Sturmovik, not FB, FB is not released in Poland yet.

Sorry, my english is very poor.

Stary Wuj
Warsaw
Poland

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 12:32 AM
So, hello again :-)

I love this plane, but I have problems with take-off,
especially with rockets under wings :-) BTW - I make campaign for I-16 and PZL P11c. But my problem is :
I'am old pilot, with experience, but take-off with I-16
is hard for me, because my plane is always (during take-off) going on left side very strong, I've tried everything (I think :-), sometimes is OK, but only sometimes.
Any ideas for proper take-off with this plane ?
With or without flaps, with different speed, with
many joystick combinations - I'am crushed :-)

I still play in Original IL2-Sturmovik, not FB, FB is not released in Poland yet.

Sorry, my english is very poor.

Stary Wuj
Warsaw
Poland

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 12:35 AM
Increase throttle slowly and steadily.
Raise the tail as soon as possible by pushing the stick forward.
Use coarse rudder to correct swing, as normal.

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 12:36 AM
Throttle up slowly, and apply some right rudder. Thats about all the advice I can give you... Taking it off has never been a problem for me.

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/klv_ubisig1a.jpg

Oh yeah, I'm a P-63 whiner too! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 12:38 AM
On IL-2 I think it helps to lower the flaps when taking off with rockets. You might also try locking your tailwheel, it might help keeping you on course while the tail is still on the ground.
Also make sure you don't pull to hard on the stick when the plane's airborne, you could stall and crash /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif .

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 12:38 AM
Thank You mikeyg007 !!!

I will try.

Stary Wuj
Warsaw
Poland

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 12:40 AM
Press the stick forward as you power up. This will keep the wheels on the ground and bring the tail up. Also it cuts down on bouncing which is easy to do with the I16.

SURLY

SURLYbirch <center>KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
This sig is under 30 K's
http://surlybirch.tripod.com/mudbar.txt </center>
<left>"Show me a hero and I'll prove he's a bum."
- Pappy Boyington</left>

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 12:59 AM
You also have an option to assign a key command to "auto level" the plane...I can't remember exactly what it's called. Try that.

<font color=white font size="3" face="arial"LtCol. "Guns" CO
<font size="3"><font face="bd hanover">352nd Fighter Group </font> [VR]
<font face="bd hanover">328th Fighter Squadron</font>
<font><font color="#330099"><font size="5"><font face="brush script mt">"Second To None!"</font>

<font>[b]<font size="2" font color=black>[(HL)_352FG; (UBI) USAAF_352FG]: The<font><font color=#330099 face="brush script mt"font size="5">"First"</font><font color=black font size="2"> 352FG in IL-2FB</font>

"Take-offs are optional. Landings are mandatory."

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 01:07 AM
On the I-16 and I-153, the torque and p-factor are very strong and really poses a hazard if a wing dips that is laden with rockets or bombs. The only way that I've been able to counteract this is by deflecting full ailerons in the opposite direction of roll, and immediately centering the stick when the tail lifts off the runway.

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 01:11 AM
dont forget your landing gear is manualy operated so you need to have it assigned on your keyboard , can you not also order fb through the mail? and your english is very good

U.S INFANTRY 1984-1991

XyZspineZyX
10-17-2003, 01:17 AM
Thanks FOR ALL !!!

Good ideas, from good pilots.
Thanks again !

Stary Wuj
Warsaw
Poland