PDA

View Full Version : 190 D9.......

fordfan25
02-09-2006, 07:41 PM
...has been takeing its vitamins http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif. seems to be retaining speed much better and even its turn seems to be a bit better as far as stalls.

carguy_
02-09-2006, 08:29 PM
Pretty easy to check which plane has better E ret.Just go into landing approach and go like 10% with flaps and gear extended.The better the plane is,the slower the speed loss will be.

Today in my D9 sortie I crashed on landing because the plane didn`t want to slow down from 260kph and I literally had trouble with putting her below 310kph.

Unknown-Pilot
02-09-2006, 08:45 PM
The landing speed retention is not E retention as it relates to combat use.

It's an indication that the 190 series is still screwed up. If it doesn't slow down with power off, drag is too low. If drag is too low but top speed is within reasonable spec, then it's thrust is too low. Which has been the case pretty much forever. I guess it was too much to hope for for it to be fixed.

What I think fordfan was referring to was it's in combat E retention. That I can't really comment on. It doesn't seem any different at all to me. Might be stick settings. It's very sensitive to control input, particularly elevator, and too much will cause bad E bleed, but if you're really gentle with it and very cognisant of your speed (and keeping it up), it did very well, even in 4.02. And it seems exactly the same here.

LEXX_Luthor
02-09-2006, 09:24 PM
Turning engine OFF helps slow down to land, so do shutting off both magnetos but maybe not as much...if I recall...I used to do this a little early last year. Maybe the Zero percent throttle is still creating too much thrust.

Pilot::
Might be stick settings.
When I took the canopy reflections shots, I did some Fw-A E~bleeds and its seemed no different than other aircraft energy loss in high gee turns at high medium speed. This was a "feely" test like all the others here. I am using a basic but massive 20$ joystick with 6 inch top throw distance (everybody measure yours) so I have lots of elevator control range, and no complex confusing software came with the stick its that simple and reliable.

Unknown-Pilot
02-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Lexx, the Spitfire and Yak can have the stick treated FAR more heavy handed-ly than the 190 can. Overall the 190 feels like the control sliders have been bumped substantially, and I have to use far less stick travel to not hear the dreaded speed robbing buffeting.

I have a Cougar HOTAS. Have been using it since FB first shipped. I use it as a direct X joystick though and set it up through PF. No idea what the max throw at the top is. No measuring device handy at the moment.

Hristo_
02-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Feels realistic to me. A 4.5 tonne airplane doing 300 kph cannot slow down to a stop in 100 meters. Or can it ? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Being used to the old FM, I overshot the runway too in this patch. But it is too early to tell what exactly has changed.

RedDeth
02-10-2006, 01:24 AM
patch has increased landing distance on all planes. the jug is even worse. i over shot a run way by two miles all the while rolling on the ground.

its frickin hilarious