PDA

View Full Version : Bf109F Loadouts...

Ratsack
09-21-2005, 06:43 AM
Oleg (or whoever trawls this madhouse for him),

May we please have some historical bomb and drop tank loads for the Bf109F series. This series is critical for Blue in the 1941-2 period, but at present is only able to engage ground targets with gunfire.

The 3D modeling is already done (for the Gustavs), and the FM modeling could be sourced from the same place. This would surely be one of the lowest-cost changes that could be made, but it would have enormous impact on campaign play.

For your consideration,

Ratsack

Kuna15
09-21-2005, 09:25 AM
I agree.
Although I have seen similar thread some while ago.

Loadout for Fredericks. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

jagdmailer
09-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Count me in of course.

Jagdmailer

Willey
09-21-2005, 11:30 AM
http://blitzpigs.com/forum/images/smiles/bump-smile.gif

Ugly_Kid
09-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Priorities seem to be in modeling completely new planes, extremely vital prototypes and stuff that never made it to the fronts so that DF-server moaners have something to discuss here. I wish A-Wing makes it soon into the game so that there's something new to ban from them DF servers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kuna15
09-21-2005, 01:33 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

CUJO_1970
09-21-2005, 03:33 PM
It's not going to happen, Oleg already commented on it.

Development has had accurate loadouts documentation for years, but unfortunately had higher priorities.

Like modelling the very important and prolific in real life Tiny Tim rockets and whatnot http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

LEXX_Luthor
09-21-2005, 09:59 PM
Need the GM-1 loadout too, for F-2/Z http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

WWMaxGunz
09-21-2005, 11:49 PM
I don't understand why not, but it doesn't mean there is no good reason.

All needed on the model is attach points, no? The bombs are already made.
Unless the attach points are already on the planes which shouldn't they be?
Or is it a matter of racks?

It is not like someone has to cut metal and modify actual planes.

Perhaps the plane data model has no place for bombs and that is not general case?

Danschnell
09-22-2005, 06:13 AM
It annoys me that DF servers ban the decent German planes. It seems that servers have a psychological blockage stopping them from seeing the letters 'Me-262' and such like when they're creating their missions.
People keep complaining about 'all these planes that never made it into action' while, if they're red flyers (which all the servers must be) skirt around the fact that the 262 made it into action with 1433 manufactured (thats a lot of planes,) the Komet made it into action, the He-162 made it into action. the 190D-9 1945 gets banned too, and it isn't even a jet.
In fact, the ONLY planes the Germans have in this game that never saw action are Go-229 and 109Z. Thats all. So c'mon servers, I know you'd like to rewrite history and pretend that WW2 was not the jet age, but I'm afraid it was, and red flyers should have to deal with jets the same as they should have to deal with any other types of planes.

VFA-25_Peckens
09-22-2005, 04:02 PM
jets are even that bad anymore anyways their acceleration is terrible at low alt

ElAurens
09-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Danschnell:
It annoys me that DF servers ban the decent German planes.

Danschnell, you (the Luftwaffe) already have the best planes in the sim. The Me-262 played a totally insignificant role in the war, other than being the first jet fighter. And of those 1433 airframes produced, how many actually flew? Perhaps a third of that?

Come on, admit it. You just want the jets so you can totally dominate the online DF servers. It has nothing to do with history. You just want a better point whoring tool, that's all.

As to historic loadouts for the F series, a great idea. The Fs are my favorite 109s by far. Sweet flyers.

Ugly_Kid
09-23-2005, 12:10 AM
Quite, I am at least somewhat tired that DF crybabies get all the possible g4yplanes imaginable and moan for more. Actually the whole forum is filled with Yeager wannabes who haven't been able to make name, the success being only braked and sabotaged by evil Oleg, always being on the adverse side, the last I heard he was goose-stepping in his jack-boots while modeling the .5 cals.

There are people out there who actually play this game and they play this game actively, in fact so actively that they don't have time to come here moaning. Yet through the whole series of versions and patches starting from day 1 of original IL-2, the most important german fighter lacks a load-out. How an earth can you build decent coops and campaigns for the 41-42 era at all. The whole onlinewar system is suffering from this. The point is: not only do the people flying for LW suffer from this, it affects both sides, the missions lack the sense and that effects the VVS pilot's just as well. So stuff GM-1 or 2000 HP K-XYZ, just one lousy bomb and I don't need to bother posting here at all.

Ratsack
09-23-2005, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Ugly_Kid:
Quite, I am at least somewhat tired that DF crybabies get all the possible g4yplanes imaginable and moan for more. Actually the whole forum is filled with Yeager wannabes who haven't been able to make name, the success being only braked and sabotaged by evil Oleg, always being on the adverse side, the last I heard he was goose-stepping in his jack-boots while modeling the .5 cals.

There are people out there who actually play this game and they play this game actively, in fact so actively that they don't have time to come here moaning. Yet through the whole series of versions and patches starting from day 1 of original IL-2, the most important german fighter lacks a load-out. How an earth can you build decent coops and campaigns for the 41-42 era at all. The whole onlinewar system is suffering from this. The point is: not only do the people flying for LW suffer from this, it affects both sides, the missions lack the sense and that effects the VVS pilot's just as well. So stuff GM-1 or 2000 HP K-XYZ, just one lousy bomb and I don't need to bother posting here at all.

Quite.

Some bombs and the drop tank, and it's done. The best bit is, it really is already done: the 3D work and FM modelling, that is.

ratsack

butch2k
09-23-2005, 07:34 AM
There were no F-2/Z Lexx http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Stigler_9_JG52
09-23-2005, 09:42 AM
El Aurens wrote:

The Me-262 played a totally insignificant role in the war...

Uh, I beg to differ. Tell that to the crews of the bombers they shot down. If the 262 were insignificant, there wouldn't have been such a total fear of them, nor would such measures have been taken to try and shoot them down. Nor would they have ushered in the jet age that we're still in, I might add.

We can only thank God that they weren't developed sooner, and that Hitler derailed the program so long trying to make a bomber out of it.

Granted, these should not be encountered every hop, but they shouldn't be invisible either.

The real problem here is that the sim is so unstructured that you can't easily limit planes to historical proportions (at least, online you can't). Couple that with the usual online gamer "gottawin" mentality, and they always opt for the "X-est" plane they can find in the list: fast-est, most-est guns, turning-est, etc., never mind what might have just been common or representative of the period or map in question.

There was one online server that required you to earn the more advanced models of the time (by accruing points in one session), and that was a commendable effort. I don't agree that one should be "kicked" for attempting to select a plane he didn't yet qualify for (would be better just to refuse the choice), but the basic idea was excellent: you want the ueberplane, show me some ueberskills in the more representative planes, or even an outmoded plane or two. More hosts should try this kind of mindset when developing servers.

rickster3459
09-23-2005, 10:09 AM
Yes,I agree.I'd love to see loadouts for the F's,but like Oleg said before,after a certain cutoff date,no more new planes,and that probably means loadouts as well.

Ratsack
09-26-2005, 03:51 PM
I don't know if there's cause for that level of pessimism, Rickster, and if we don't ask...

Ratsack

rickster3459
09-26-2005, 09:31 PM
I forgot,ask and you may receive,I'll keep my fingers crossed!

JG53Frankyboy
09-27-2005, 12:10 AM
well seeing that the comming boosted P-47D also have the wrong bomb loadouts like the already in game beeing P-47s http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

alert_1
09-27-2005, 01:20 AM
Before Oleg adds any bombs to Me109F, I'd rather see he make it feared dogfighter as it was in 41/42 and not banana slipping bag of s*** as it's right now. Even poor LaGG3 series 29,35 is better dogfighter and that's not right. Me109F: DB 601N 1350hp, take off weight 2900 kg, LaGG3/29,35 Klimov VK105P/PF 1210/1240 hp, 3300 kg take off weight.
Me109F4 should outclimb and outmaneuvre those LaGGs even with 250 kg bomb under belly! Try it in the game...

JG5_UnKle
09-27-2005, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by alert_1:
Before Oleg adds any bombs to Me109F, I'd rather see he make it feared dogfighter as it was in 41/42 and not banana slipping bag of s*** as it's right now. Even poor LaGG3 series 29,35 is better dogfighter and that's not right. Me109F: DB 601N 1350hp, take off weight 2900 kg, LaGG3/29,35 Klimov VK105P/PF 1210/1240 hp, 3300 kg take off weight.
Me109F4 should outclimb and outmaneuvre those LaGGs even with 250 kg bomb under belly! Try it in the game...

Those LaGG-3's sure are mean. Even in the Fw-190 A4 it is a challenge if you are not disciplined

joeap
09-27-2005, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Stigler_9_JG52:
El Aurens wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Me-262 played a totally insignificant role in the war...

Uh, I beg to differ. Tell that to the crews of the bombers they shot down. If the 262 were insignificant, there wouldn't have been such a total fear of them, nor would such measures have been taken to try and shoot them down. Nor would they have ushered in the jet age that we're still in, I might add.

We can only thank God that they weren't developed sooner, and that Hitler derailed the program so long trying to make a bomber out of it.

Granted, these should not be encountered every hop, but they shouldn't be invisible either.

The real problem here is that the sim is so unstructured that you can't easily limit planes to historical proportions (at least, online you can't). Couple that with the usual online gamer "gottawin" mentality, and they always opt for the "X-est" plane they can find in the list: fast-est, most-est guns, turning-est, etc., never mind what might have just been common or representative of the period or map in question.

There was one online server that required you to earn the more advanced models of the time (by accruing points in one session), and that was a commendable effort. I don't agree that one should be "kicked" for attempting to select a plane he didn't yet qualify for (would be better just to refuse the choice), but the basic idea was excellent: you want the ueberplane, show me some ueberskills in the more representative planes, or even an outmoded plane or two. More hosts should try this kind of mindset when developing servers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Stigler agree 90% on this point. However, when you say the sim is unstructured online, what could be done to recitfy this? Isn't this a question of how servers are designed??

I do think we need 262s, with vulching allowed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Ratsack
09-28-2005, 08:41 PM
Way OT, chaps.

FM changes on a single plane are not likely. I'm talking about a simple addition in the interests of gameplay.

Make that distinction before hitting reply.

Ratsack

Danschnell
10-02-2005, 09:54 AM
Thank you Stigler_9_JG52. Thats exactly what I mean. Me262s were around. Not often, but they should be run into. In a server like warclouds where the missions rotate, one or two missions should allow the Me262 to be representative.

But, the best solution would be to have the best planes 'unlock' when a certain number of points have been achieved, or, to have a limited number of each type. I can't believe something like that hasn't already been implemented into the game code.

LEBillfish
10-02-2005, 10:06 AM
This would be great.....and am no expert as to modeling yet I'm guessing there is much more involved then adding racks and then an option for weapons....

My "guess" would be it would actually require entirely new FMs....Each new loadout requiring the additional weight and drag for the rack & weapon altering how the plane handles and performs.....So in a sense, though the model itself is minimally added to, each variation needs an entirely new FM (though altering the stock one)....and then naturally the time to test it and make corrections.

Just a guess, but I'd think a reasonable one.
(why I assumed they'd not reduce the scale of Ki-61 drop tanks & make the racks optional based on loadouts)

Vipez-
10-05-2005, 07:25 AM
Now when i'm thinking it, 109F never has felt like the most manouvarable 109 in the game, like it was considered by so many who actually flew them..

What we really need is:
BF109F4/Z
BF109F4/B (Ability to carry 250kb bomb, or 4x SC-70/4x SC-50)
BF109F4/1942 version with ATA1.42

And many would be happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

jagdmailer
10-05-2005, 09:25 AM
BF109F4/1942 version with ATA 1.42

That was part of my original request for 7-8 new variants of the 109, that along with a real (ie full boost) 1943 1.42 ATA Bf 109G-2......

Jagd

Originally posted by Vipez-:
Now when i'm thinking it, 109F never has felt like the most manouvarable 109 in the game, like it was considered by so many who actually flew them..

What we really need is:
BF109F4/Z
BF109F4/B (Ability to carry 250kb bomb, or 4x SC-70/4x SC-50)
BF109F4/1942 version with ATA1.42

And many would be happy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Vipez-
10-06-2005, 03:57 AM
Yes i know, i have been hoping for the same since first IL-2FB came out... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

http://www.kerrolisaa.com/kuvat/jekprkns.jpg

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif