PDA

View Full Version : MP - In-depth guide?



lIkameleonIl
03-25-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm rank 8 so far, and to be honest, not really enjoying the MP. Simply put: How do you play? I have read the manual, done the tutorial, read the guidebook, but there is very little information on how to play the intricacies of this game. I feel like I am getting kills more from luck than skill.

Example problems:

Locked on, know it's my target, hit the X button on my 360 controller (PC) but nothing happens - spam the X, and that same target then kills me - why?! I was already hitting the kill button 5 seconds before he kills me & we were close by each other. Or he evades after I have already hit the X on my controller.

I am being targetted - how to evade? The B button (evade button) flashes for a split second, I hit it or press for smoke bomb - it never works - I'm killed everytime.

Clearly this game is deeper than it looks, but how are we supposed to know how things work without REAL tutorials?

I need proper, in-depth help - is there any?

Crumplecorn
03-26-2011, 02:34 AM
Read (search) the multiplayer forum, and watch videos on youtube. Best sources of information available.

Victoroos
03-26-2011, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Crumplecorn:
Read (search) the multiplayer forum, and watch videos on youtube. Best sources of information available.
His videos are good.
ro check out myn, or escoblades his

AntiChrist7
03-26-2011, 07:48 AM
i watched the videos of MagnitudX/ psn next generation (don't remember how you write the names) before i had the game, i learned a lot about it

JohnnyK77
03-26-2011, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by lIkameleonIl:
Locked on, know it's my target, hit the X button on my 360 controller (PC) but nothing happens - spam the X, and that same target then kills me - why?! I was already hitting the kill button 5 seconds before he kills me & we were close by each other. Or he evades after I have already hit the X on my controller.
If you are playing Assassinate and he locks onto you before you lock onto him, you cannot kill him straight away as far as I know; you have to stun him first to be able to kill.

IMHO Wanted is the better mode to start as you get a designated target. Once you learn the ropes there move on to Assassinate.

ElleCore
03-26-2011, 09:54 AM
I myself watched and learned from Rainie's videos.

terzho
03-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Shemuel36s earlier videos taught me how to play so go check those out.

Dellers
03-27-2011, 04:00 AM
The way I see it it's just about luck anyway. The one with the least cocky controller wins. After a couple of good days I've been buttkicked all weekend, due to the fact that when I try to lock on, jump or any other thing the game does the opposite of what I actually meant. It takes a few hours to understand the game, but from there on it's ONLY luck. Now all players have unlocked templar vision too, so basically the only help you'll get from blending is they might have problems marking the right person in a group. Playing stealthy doesn't really work anymore IMO.

Lord_Ethcaz
03-27-2011, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Dellers:
The way I see it it's just about luck anyway. The one with the least cocky controller wins. After a couple of good days I've been buttkicked all weekend, due to the fact that when I try to lock on, jump or any other thing the game does the opposite of what I actually meant. It takes a few hours to understand the game, but from there on it's ONLY luck. Now all players have unlocked templar vision too, so basically the only help you'll get from blending is they might have problems marking the right person in a group. Playing stealthy doesn't really work anymore IMO.

Actually, if they have to use templar vision to find you, you have 1 mayor advantage: they're glowing whilst making their way towards you, so you should be able to recognize him/her and plan something to turn around the roles - stun and kill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Dellers
03-27-2011, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by faidh:
Actually, if they have to use templar vision to find you, you have 1 mayor advantage: they're glowing whilst making their way towards you, so you should be able to recognize him/her and plan something to turn around the roles - stun and kill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
True. I didn't really know why they glowed.
I also seem to get why some people are able to get an insane amount of points every round now. Some players seem to just stand on basically the same place all round, and others keep running right in front of them all the time. If I try the same tactic no one ever shows up, even in the center of a map...

Crumplecorn
03-27-2011, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Dellers:
The way I see it it's just about luck anyway. No. Also, if you see someone using Templar Vision, you know they're new.