PDA

View Full Version : X45 Mouse POV

RAF__Swede51
12-08-2004, 11:39 PM
I heard some talk here about using the X45's Mouse POV in lieu of using the mouse for looking around. I must have missed something as I didn't see anything in Contols that might set that. Can someone help? Thanks.

3.JG51_BigBear
12-08-2004, 11:41 PM
The Saiteks come with programming software. Under POVHat there will be an arrow that will open a drop down box. In their select mouse.

Tully__
12-09-2004, 12:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 3.JG51_BigBear:
The Saiteks come with programming software. Under POVHat there will be an arrow that will open a drop down box. In their select mouse. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need a recent version of Saitek's SST drivers and it must be installed in advanced mode. You can set any of the four hats to emulate Mouse cursor or view control. Download my profile to see how it's done, I've used Hat1 on the joystick.

Longjocks
12-09-2004, 12:44 AM
Grab the manual here. (ftp://ftp.saitekusa.com/pub/support/SSTManual.zip)

RAF__Swede51
12-09-2004, 11:57 PM
Ok, thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Fehler
12-10-2004, 04:13 AM
Personally, I strongly recommend NOT using the mouse POV as a look around device.

Since it is located on the throttle, you will need your thumb and fingers to manipulate trim, flaps, view zooms, etc. All this while you are wanting to look around. If you were born with an added thumb, then perhaps the POV would be useful. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Instead, on the joystick, you have 2 HAT's and one can be programmed as a mouse look. There is less work load on the right hand, so your thumb is not always being manipulated.

I, in turn, programmed the POV as a four button HAT with the software mentioned above, and use it to open my map, toggle from auto to manual prop pitch, deploy aircreaks in certain modes, and switch from gunsight to normal views.

Just my .02...