PDA

View Full Version : 4.09 Patch

airjunkie
01-08-2008, 01:28 AM
Have you ever notice when the question is asked "when is the patch coming out." ?

Everybody becomes the development team at 1c.

So I will throw a bread crumb and stand back.

Watch! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

flyingloon
01-08-2008, 06:32 AM
the beta is out already...

VW-IceFire
01-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by flyingloon:
the beta is out already...
I'll second that. Everyone who is waiting...just download the beta. Or don't and wait for the final. Its easy http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Choctaw111
01-30-2008, 09:21 AM
I am waiting for the final release myself. So many times I have been tempted by the beta but something has kept me from downloading it. How large is the beta file by the way?

Skycat_2
02-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Why aren't you downloading the beta? Are you a scaredy-cat? Everybody else is doing it.

Actually the 'beta patch' is a collection of a four or five files in a zip folder. There is the new files.sfs which you manually replace to update the game version, so simply rename your current files.sfs first and you can revert back to 4.08m very easily. There are also some replacement .dlls which, again, you can make backups of your current ones first but I don't know if you would ever need to revert back.

The new 'default skins' pack is actually a second replacement version of files.sfs and should be copied over the main beta patch.

Krt_Bong
02-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Well if wondering about when the final and Server side Patch comes out we all want to see it soon 'cos I have the beta and it doesn't want to start if I try to go back to 4.08, so while I'm content to enjoy it offline and fly campaigns I still want to go online with it. I hope it's soon but I'm patient, up to a point http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

FliegerAas
02-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Is there a bittorrent version of the beta patch and skins update out there? Everytime I try to download it on the net (including the 1c servers) I get a corrupted file although I have changed the folder for temporary files to a harddrive with enough free memory...

Aaron_GT
02-13-2008, 12:37 PM
FliegerAas -

Post which country you are in. For the cost of a couple of stamps you might find someone kind enough to download it and put it on a CD for you.

FliegerAas
02-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks, I am sure to find someone around here to download it for me. Bittorrent would just be the fastest way for me to get the patchhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. Maybe someone has a suggestion about why every download bigger than ca.200MB is corrupted. I never had this problem before. It's somehow frustrating to have 26Mbit and a PC that won't download properly....

Is there another folder that needs to be changed exept the Temp folders? Is there an own folder where downloads are stored until finished and copied to their final destination? A temp download folder or something like this, because I think the pproblem is caused by insufficient disk space on my main partition?? (WinXP prof.)

Schuck
02-14-2008, 06:05 AM
As far as I know after talking to one of the map makers it's going to be very soon because all the boo boos have been fixed as far as he knew.

Billy_BigBoy
02-14-2008, 09:19 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/partyhat.gif

Cobra427so
02-15-2008, 05:20 PM
I downloaded and installed the 4.09 patch and now the sim won't start. Even reinstalled the original 2 DLLs reccommended, nothing. Don't know what 4.09 did, but it buggered something up. I've never ever had a problem before. I am sooo pissed...

Cobra427so

roybaty
02-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Hmmmm worked fine for me, even reverted it fine. Perhaps you overlooked some files?

VW-IceFire
02-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Cobra427so:
I downloaded and installed the 4.09 patch and now the sim won't start. Even reinstalled the original 2 DLLs reccommended, nothing. Don't know what 4.09 did, but it buggered something up. I've never ever had a problem before. I am sooo pissed...

Cobra427so
Define "won't start". Lots of ways this could happen and the specific way that its failing may give some clues.

Also might be a good idea to check with us on the size of the patch files you downloaded.

Cobra427so
02-18-2008, 07:31 PM
When I say won't start, I mean the sim won't start... it won't do anything. I can't get it to initialize. Whether I use my desktop icon or the one in my IL2 folder, nothing happens. The HD light starts, looks like it's beginning and then nothing.

I DL'd the same file everyone else has, off of Mission4Today - 4.09Beta = 261,465kb, and the skins 4.09 Beta Skins = 242,660. I Backed up the original DLLs as recommended and copied them into another folder.

When the program failed, I tried the new DLLs - when that didn't work, I tried the backed-up DLLs. No go.

I tried re-installing 4.08 which was where I was previously (without problems) but that didn't work either.

So other than erasing IL2 and starting over again, I've got no idea what else to do.

Regards,
Cobra427so

VW-IceFire
02-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Well that gives us something to work with.

Try this...start it up, hit Ctrl+Alt+Del on the keyboard. In XP this will start the Task Manager in Vista its an extra click. Next click "Processes" and check for il2fb.exe. How much memory is it taking up? If its going up try and capture a few points over say the first 30 seconds...doesn't have to be exact.

Cobra427so
02-18-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm on Win 2000Pro. (I need to upgrade to XP, I know).

But Task Manager still works the same.

It shows IL2fb trying to start, it shows it attempting to run, using the CPU, using the memory, for about 15-30 seconds, then just simply quitting and dropping off the TM screen.

Cobra427so

Cobra427so
02-18-2008, 09:01 PM
It seems to be increasing as it goes, to about 50,250km +/- and doesn't get any higher, it gets to there and simply quits.

Cobra427so

VW-IceFire
02-22-2008, 05:19 PM
I've heard of this before but I don't know what the resolution to the problem is. Best to ask in the Community Help forum. Someone there should have a good idea.

Cobra427so
02-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try!

Regards,
Cobra427so

Flyfinn
02-23-2008, 06:30 PM
Hi..

I hope all will be pleased with the last FM and DM of the last patch.. 4.09..
so the IL-2 will go on as the best Simulator ever..until storm of war is out..
I keep my my fingers crossed..
Kippis..

Flyfinn
02-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Flyfinn:
Hi..

I hope all will be pleased with the last FM and DM of the last patch.. 4.09..
so the IL-2 will go on as the best Simulator ever..until storm of war is out..
I keep my my fingers crossed..
Kippis..