PDA

View Full Version : Landing the LAAG-3

knarf1981
03-15-2005, 07:15 PM
OK, i can land any **** plane in the game, but for some reason, i am always screwing up the landings in the LAAG-3. is there something different with this plane or is it just me.

PBNA-Boosher
03-15-2005, 07:37 PM
LaGG-3's are landed just like any other plane.

There are a number of factors that should help you:
- Good forward view
- Wide landing gear
- Effective breaks
- Effective rudder

Standard landing pattern is easy, you know how to do it. With the LaGG, you just need to come in with a tiny bit more speed, as the plane is heavier. Normally when I land my LaGG-3, I hold the ground effect in longer. Also you should try not to sideslip so much. I wish I was home right now so I could make you a track, but unfortunately I'm in Palm Springs at the moment.

Try to keep your speed up, don't go below 160 - 170 kph on the speedbar. Also try to lessen the angle of descent, give yourself more time to descend as well.

p1ngu666
03-15-2005, 07:49 PM
try with no flap or combat flap

JG54_Arnie
03-16-2005, 02:28 AM
And what exactly is going wrong? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

schwarzer_Tod
03-16-2005, 08:41 AM
Hi Knarf, why not record a track? That will show exactly what you are doing wrong.

Most landing mishaps are caused by too high a landing speed. And don't forget to lower your landing gear. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

sT

VW-IceFire
03-16-2005, 09:49 AM
LaGG-3 is heavy and underpowered...drops like a rock when you reduce power to idle.

Keep your speed up on landings as opposed to Bf.109, Ki-61, and FW190. Speed should be around 180-190 and then dropping to 160 with wheels on ground.

mortoma
03-16-2005, 10:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VW-IceFire:
LaGG-3 is heavy and underpowered...drops like a rock when you reduce power to idle.

Keep your speed up on landings as opposed to Bf.109, Ki-61, and FW190. Speed should be around 180-190 and then dropping to 160 with wheels on ground. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Have you flown it recently?? I just started flying the old S4 again lately and it doesn't feel heavy or underpowered at all. Quite the contray, I was surprised on take off since it actually lifted it's own sorry a$$ into the air without me using much back pressure at all, as if the wings actually have lift. Most other aircraft still have the tradition IL2 need to be forced into the air by really hauling back on the stick.
Not this bird. Seems to land lightly too.

As far as the original poster's problem, I'm perplexed because all planes in this sim seem to land about the same ( difficulty-wise ) to me. Maybe some have slower touch down and approach speeds but they all seem similar to land, even the bombers.

knarf1981
03-16-2005, 01:39 PM
"LaGG-3 is heavy and underpowered...drops like a rock when you reduce power to idle."

that seems to be my problem, i cut my throttle after the landing flare and then i sometime plummet and nose dive into the runway.....and of course crash and blow up http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

Antisub
03-16-2005, 03:53 PM
The Lagg will fly just above the ground, full flaps and gear down, at 130 kph. Forever. Ok, just barely, and with 50% throttle, but it will.

As they said, keep some throttle on this one, at least 10-15%, right up to the moment it finally stops.

BuzzU
03-16-2005, 03:56 PM
Are you hitting the brakes when you nose over?