PDA

View Full Version : 3.02, can't stop pauses/stutters with either .exe.

Hunde_3.JG51
11-27-2004, 05:48 AM
3.01 old.exe played well for me and the 3.01 new.exe caused stutters. Oleg stated that this could be due to memory requirements of new.exe.

I have been playing with the 3.02 .exe's and while I get good frame rates I cannot get rid of stutters even with old.exe. I have 700+MB's of PC-2700 RAM which isn't great, but it was never a problem before. Has anything changed that may cause this or are the 3.01 and 3.02 old.exe's the same? I thought Oleg mentioned something about sound, and I think 3.02 brought new sounds. Anyway, I can't get either to run smoothly even though frame-rates are great. The stutters/pauses seem to happen when there is large transition in viewing area, as in when I do a hammerhead for example. As I flip over when I face down there will be rapid stutters for a second.

Sorry to be long winded, just curious if anyone had a similar expereience or what it might be. I'm just worried that one of the .exe's will be final and I won't be able to play without problems as I have in the past.

Hunde_3.JG51
11-27-2004, 05:48 AM
3.01 old.exe played well for me and the 3.01 new.exe caused stutters. Oleg stated that this could be due to memory requirements of new.exe.

I have been playing with the 3.02 .exe's and while I get good frame rates I cannot get rid of stutters even with old.exe. I have 700+MB's of PC-2700 RAM which isn't great, but it was never a problem before. Has anything changed that may cause this or are the 3.01 and 3.02 old.exe's the same? I thought Oleg mentioned something about sound, and I think 3.02 brought new sounds. Anyway, I can't get either to run smoothly even though frame-rates are great. The stutters/pauses seem to happen when there is large transition in viewing area, as in when I do a hammerhead for example. As I flip over when I face down there will be rapid stutters for a second.

Sorry to be long winded, just curious if anyone had a similar expereience or what it might be. I'm just worried that one of the .exe's will be final and I won't be able to play without problems as I have in the past.

tsisqua
11-27-2004, 07:24 AM
I am pretty certain that the old .exe hasn't been messed with . . . if they are working on getting this new one up to snuff there wouldn't be any need to.

I am getting way better performance . . . not frame-rates, mind you, just better overall performance with the new .exe. Less stutters that don't seem to be graphics related.

It also seems that the lower settings look a bit better now with 3.02bm. If it is really bad, I would post DxDiag over in community help.

Good Luck http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Tsisqua