PDA

View Full Version : Fw190A-8&9 pretty **** please?

RusskiyeVityazi
01-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Give us an option to remove the underside rack? It doesn't matter if the difference is 7~9kph, it's everything when out running spits and mustangs.
'No' is not an option.

PS: I can't say D-A-M-N?

RusskiyeVityazi
01-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Give us an option to remove the underside rack? It doesn't matter if the difference is 7~9kph, it's everything when out running spits and mustangs.
'No' is not an option.

PS: I can't say D-A-M-N?

3.JG51_BigBear
01-15-2005, 10:19 PM
So many people have tried this one. I hate the way that rack looks but I don't think its ever coming off there. I remember reading somewhere that its effect really isn't modelled, i.e. there isn't any performance hit with the rack on the A8 and A9.

BerkshireHunt
01-16-2005, 10:59 AM
I'm not a 190 expert but I seem to remember Oleg saying that these aircraft were delivered with the under-fuselage rack fitted, and removing it was not recommended. Its presence was important for centre of gravity reasons- hence its appearance in- game.

faustnik
01-16-2005, 02:04 PM
The rack was delivered standard because it was need for a drop tank. This was commonly used to gain altitude before intercepting bombers in Reich defense operations. Drop tanks allowed increased loiter time once altitude was achieved.

I have never heard of the COG issue without the rack. The ETC rack took about an hour of labor to install or remove.

carguy_
01-16-2005, 06:12 PM
I let it go cuz Oleg appears to have too many issues on his head.

Removing racks and outer wing cannons wasn`t something rare.

So we can`t have the rack/outer cannons removed but Leand Lease stock American P39 have Russian equipment already installed on them?

What a joke!

Fehler
01-17-2005, 02:25 AM
Hey, at least it doesnt impede your view!