PDA

View Full Version : Equipment Quantities

crash3
05-28-2011, 08:49 AM
another idea to make the game, more challenging/realistic:

even though ezio is an unbeatable killing machine, im pretty sure he isnt able to carry 25 throwing knives, 25 crossbow bolts, and 15 medicine

i think ezio should only be able to carry a maximum of 5 throwing knives, 5 crossbow bolts and medicine should be exclusive only to doctors

we shouldnt be able to carry medicine that immediately heals us, a better idea would be to sustain real wounds that hinder your abilities so you are forced to visit a doctor and we see a quick cinematic of the doctor fixing ezio up and his health gradually regenerates, showing that it take time to heal

10 bullets, 10 poison darts and 3 smoke bombs are realistic quantities based on their sizes so they can stay the same

i think limiting quantities of our equipment will make us choose more carefully who to kill and when, also we will be forced to restock before each mission so it feels like we are preparing ourselves for each mission, instead of going on another killing spree without any regards for who we kill

what does everyone think?

iN3krO
05-28-2011, 08:56 AM
20 throwing knives and 10 crossbow bolts seems reasonable...

and only 5 poison darts...

Inorganic9_2
05-28-2011, 08:57 AM
I think you're right. At least in AC, they showed us where all the equipment was (i.e. when you get a new knife belt, it appeared on Alta´r). I don't think Ezio has room, so they didn't bother showing the knife belts.

crash3
05-29-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
I think you're right. At least in AC, they showed us where all the equipment was (i.e. when you get a new knife belt, it appeared on Alta´r). I don't think Ezio has room, so they didn't bother showing the knife belts.

good point, i mean to be fair most of ezios body is covered up by a cape but i dont think his outfit has a cape in ACR so any belt upgrades to caryy more (but not too much) equipment should show

NuclearFuss
05-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Actually in AC2 you could see the knife belt, and it did change when you upgraded. It was on his waist, with bits on either side of the emblem. Couldn't see anything else though.

crash3
05-29-2011, 11:39 AM
thing is as much as i want to se the upgraded belts for knives and crossbow bolts etc all this equipment will just make ezio stick out like a saw thumb and not look very discret at all which another reason why i think equipment quantities should be limited compared to the previous games

notafanboy
05-29-2011, 12:43 PM
i wish you actually could see Ezio┤s quiver, i also wonder where he got his bolts from ?

crash3
05-29-2011, 02:47 PM
good point, i hope ubisofts reading this stuff carefully

knightshad0w
05-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by crash3:
another idea to make the game, more challenging/realistic:

even though ezio is an unbeatable killing machine, im pretty sure he isnt able to carry 25 throwing knives, 25 crossbow bolts, and 15 medicine

i think ezio should only be able to carry a maximum of 5 throwing knives, 5 crossbow bolts and medicine should be exclusive only to doctors

we shouldnt be able to carry medicine that immediately heals us, a better idea would be to sustain real wounds that hinder your abilities so you are forced to visit a doctor and we see a quick cinematic of the doctor fixing ezio up and his health gradually regenerates, showing that it take time to heal

10 bullets, 10 poison darts and 3 smoke bombs are realistic quantities based on their sizes so they can stay the same

i think limiting quantities of our equipment will make us choose more carefully who to kill and when, also we will be forced to restock before each mission so it feels like we are preparing ourselves for each mission, instead of going on another killing spree without any regards for who we kill

what does everyone think?

About the health system: If you are injured, you should slowly heal a bit by yourself, but if you take medicine you will heal alt faster and alot more.

Anyways, I agree with having a bit less equipment, but it would be bothersome to buy new all the time, what if we could store equipment like that in hideout places throughout the city?

Oh and lastly, armour should affect your speed, so you should choose armor based on your fighting style and stuff like that.

NanoKitty
05-30-2011, 06:20 AM
If this is the case, then, perhaps it would be nice to have to choose what equipment you take with you, somewhat like an old inventory slot system?

crash3
05-30-2011, 06:25 AM
i like the idea of having equipment stores in the hideout, itll be like in AC1 where you have to return to the bureaus to re-stock on equipment

it would be cool also to see other assassins in the hideouts picking out their own equipment before going on their own missions