PDA

View Full Version : The Radio Man is Fired!!!

blastomatic1759
03-09-2007, 11:36 PM
so im recharging the batteries , and i know i told him once already to run with the radar on while in shut out fog. well this appears from out of nowhere , and when i check to see if hes watching the radar , its off. i dont know if hes got something better to do or what , but since hes not following orders and his job is kaputt when i reach port.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/BoattrashBill/24.jpg

tuddley3
03-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Hey, thats part of your job as boat commander, maybe the rest of the crew will get the message, and you will have the tightest ship in the Kriegsmarine. Give him a court martial, he just risked all your lives

AO1_AW_SW_USN
03-10-2007, 04:32 AM
Forget a court-martial. Here's a good disciplinary action to take:

!. Get a nice 2 1/2" manila line (rope) and tie a tight Cloverleaf knot around his ankles.

2. After you do that, tie the other end to the spring lay (the eyelet on your bow) with a Bowline knot.

3. Then assemble a small working party to pick up the accused and toss him over the bow.

4. Order your helmsman and lee-helmsman to ahead standard so you may proceed to "Keelhaul" is non-watchstanding carcass along the bottom of your boat.

5. Make sure that the replacement Radio Operator is on-hand to witness the event.

fizilbert
03-10-2007, 04:55 AM
The radar, of course, is most useful in heavy fog or rain conditions. Unfortunately because of the game, every time a wave washes over the conning tower, it turns the radar off. That's why it was off when you looked at it. You may have told him to man the radar, and he did, for a few seconds until a wave rolled over the conning tower, and turned off the radar.

Kinda makes you wonder why they even bothered putting radar in the game, since it's pretty much useless. In clear weather you can see farther then the radar reaches, and in poor weather it keeps getting turned off.

logman01
03-10-2007, 06:04 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

mwestman
03-10-2007, 07:01 AM
Yeah, there should be a patch to allow the radar to stay on.

fizilbert
03-10-2007, 07:41 AM
Ha! I could say some colourful things about Ubi and their patches, but I wont. Lets just say they decided a long time ago that the game was fully patched and functional.

dsheerin
03-10-2007, 08:01 AM
To bad you can't recommend crew members for courts martial in this game....

snortingbull-NG
03-10-2007, 05:08 PM
I saw a history video the other day and some yanks stole some U-boat equipment and said there sonar was wonderfull but there radar is terrible!! so maybe thats it. thats why I always dive when in merchant territory so that the sonar picks them up.

vietvettwo
03-10-2007, 08:11 PM
I think your radioman is related to my watch officer. I can't tell you how many times he's reported "enemy ship engaging" and after four or five salvos reports "we've been spotted". Gee, you think?

joeap
03-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Actually there are two kinds of radar. The one on the front of the conning tower goes off...but the other newer one with a rotating antenna stays on in bad weather I find.

logman01
03-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by joeap:
Actually there are two kinds of radar. The one on the front of the conning tower goes off...but the other newer one with a rotating antenna stays on in bad weather I find.

I don't find that at all. Every type of radar I use goes off when water goes over the tower. It's frustrating.