PDA

View Full Version : Simple TRIM FIX ideas that Oleg would actually implement!

XyZspineZyX
10-04-2003, 03:42 AM
Here are some basic ideas to improve trim in FB. Please post your own ideas/comments in this thread for improvements that are likely to be implemented. But keep everything else to RBJs thread...

Ok, I think there is a basically no chance that Oleg will:

a) Go back to how trim was in IL2.
b) Implement accurate strucutral limits for a more realistic trim before his next sim (i.e. we are not getting this in a patch).

But here is an idea that I think would be a big improvement over what we have today.

Keep everything the same except the following.

1) When using the keyboard to change trim the second you let go of the trim key the trim stops. It still moves at the same rate as before but only while the trim key is pressed down.

2) While holding down the keyboard key to trim the instant that stick forces become neutral a message is displayed alerting you to do this. In effect this simulates the pilots feel for the stick. "Trim is neutral." At this point you can stop the trim if that is what you want or keep going.

3) Using a trim knob/slider would work almos the same. First as you move your slider the minute it hits the point that would in time give you neutral trim at your current speed you will get a message saying "Trim neutral eminent". At that point if neutral trim is what you want you can simply stop moving your slider and in time your aircraft trim will reach that position and then you will see a message "New trim position set." (Because if you have changed speed it during the process it is no longer the true neutral position )

s!

:FI:SnoopBaron

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_07.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-04-2003, 03:42 AM
Here are some basic ideas to improve trim in FB. Please post your own ideas/comments in this thread for improvements that are likely to be implemented. But keep everything else to RBJs thread...

Ok, I think there is a basically no chance that Oleg will:

a) Go back to how trim was in IL2.
b) Implement accurate strucutral limits for a more realistic trim before his next sim (i.e. we are not getting this in a patch).

But here is an idea that I think would be a big improvement over what we have today.

Keep everything the same except the following.

1) When using the keyboard to change trim the second you let go of the trim key the trim stops. It still moves at the same rate as before but only while the trim key is pressed down.

2) While holding down the keyboard key to trim the instant that stick forces become neutral a message is displayed alerting you to do this. In effect this simulates the pilots feel for the stick. "Trim is neutral." At this point you can stop the trim if that is what you want or keep going.

3) Using a trim knob/slider would work almos the same. First as you move your slider the minute it hits the point that would in time give you neutral trim at your current speed you will get a message saying "Trim neutral eminent". At that point if neutral trim is what you want you can simply stop moving your slider and in time your aircraft trim will reach that position and then you will see a message "New trim position set." (Because if you have changed speed it during the process it is no longer the true neutral position )

s!

:FI:SnoopBaron

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_07.gif