PDA

View Full Version : Patch 3.03m where do i install it??

superbomber2004
01-05-2005, 05:09 AM
Sorry for the newbie question but where do i install the lastest patch?? I have a few folders in my UBIsoft folder and i don't know which one to select.

superbomber2004
01-05-2005, 05:09 AM
Sorry for the newbie question but where do i install the lastest patch?? I have a few folders in my UBIsoft folder and i don't know which one to select.

Athosd
01-05-2005, 05:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by superbomber2004:
Sorry for the newbie question but where do i install the lastest patch?? I have a few folders in my UBIsoft folder and i don't know which one to select. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

3.03m is for the merged install - that's Forgotten Battles + Aces Expansion + Pacific Fighters.
If you have only Pacific Fighters installed you will need the 3.03 stand alone patch.

Have a look in your Ubi folders for the game directory - most likely named IL2FB (for the merged game) or PF (stand alone).
If still not sure look for the game executables - il2fb.exe (merged) or pf.exe (stand alone).
Once you have identified the game directory (the one with the appropriate exe) apply the patch to that directory - it will update all the sub directories automatically.

Cheers

Athos

superbomber2004
01-05-2005, 05:48 AM
Thanks for the detailed replay.

I have the merged install not stand alone but i have a IL2FB, AEP and a PF folder so i wasn't sure which one to use.

superbomber2004
01-05-2005, 05:50 AM
I also have a Dgen folder which is where i installed a previous patch

Athosd
01-05-2005, 06:11 AM
Interesting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Do you use a desktop icon or other shortcut to launch the game? Right click on it and select the "properties" menu item - the il2fb.exe file path should be displayed in the 'Target' field.

Wherever that exe is is where you must apply the patch.

What do you have in the AEP and PF directories?

superbomber2004
01-05-2005, 06:36 AM
I use an icon on the desktop to launch the game. It is called FB+AEP+PF i think. Anyway i'll check the .exe location when i get home tonight.

Thanks for your help.

superbomber2004
01-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Thanks!!

Sorted it now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif