PDA

View Full Version : PACIFIC FIGHTERS DGEN BETA 3.11 released.

MK2aw
10-28-2004, 05:52 PM
Well it includes the P-38 now
It fixes the P-40 at Midway
It fixes the USMC P-39 to F-4
It adds the SUPER needed USMC F-4 Guadacanal campaign

And it better AI for Japanese pilots.

You can barely ask for more....
Here's the full readme from it

Whats new:

1. Iwo, Chichi, Okinawa, Wake operations added to USMC career.
2. New Guinea aded to USAAF career.
3. Midway removed as USAAF operation.
4. Some plane choices are changed.
5. P-38 can be used in Japan 1945 operation

Some of fixes and improvements in this version:

1. Wrong objects in final missions in case of PF stand alone install
2. Wrong airfield in New Guinea
3. Crashes in mountains in New Guinea.
4. Crash in second Midway mission when using Hard campaign difficulty
5. Collisions of Rufe at Iwo when using High Air Intensity
6. Wrong objects on some maps.
7. Guadalcanl NGen campaign did not work when selecting Hellcats as bombers.
8. Occasional start on water when moving to Iwo map
9. Text corrections

Attention:
This is a public beta version of DGen
Mk2aw

Here is a link to the link , download and enjoy!

http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=114&t=000708#000001

Admins, can we sticky this?

Chuck_Older
10-28-2004, 05:55 PM
Are you kidding me? the official release date in the US has been pushed back and now I read this?

You know, i expected this after the 27th. I just figured the US release would actually be more than a vaporous cloud of fart gas

El Turo
10-28-2004, 05:57 PM
I think Chuck's head is going to explode!

Chuck_Older
10-28-2004, 05:59 PM
...tick tick tick tick tick tick tick

GT182
10-28-2004, 06:17 PM
KABOOM, crackle, pop, fiz......

Yep, Chuck exploded. I heard it all the way up here. BIG Badda Boom. LOL

Well I've got the DGen fix, so all I need now is PF.

HUNTER!!!! Is it sent yet???? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

MK2aw
10-28-2004, 06:24 PM
Chuck it's out in Best Buy all over the country. Cancel your order and go to a best Buy and get it. The new DGEN ROCKS HARD!!!!

Mk2aw

berg417448
10-28-2004, 06:26 PM
Unfortunately not EVERY Best Buy has it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Obi_Kwiet
10-28-2004, 07:04 PM
Yeah they got like, one coppy each. They're all sold out.

bird_brain
10-28-2004, 07:09 PM
Chuck...I got it at Gamespot on my way home. Cancel your order and pick up the phone! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Thanks for the link...you can bet I am going to install & fire it up right now!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

SeaFireLIV
10-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Does this mean I can fly the Beaufighter Campaign now? Woo! Thnx, Starshoy!

Chuck_Older
10-28-2004, 07:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MK2aw:
Chuck it's out in Best Buy all over the country. Cancel your order and go to a best Buy and get it. The new DGEN ROCKS HARD!!!!

Mk2aw <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've DRIVEN all over the country looking for it, lol

It might be in the back room, but it sure ain't on the shelves

Snuffy Smith
10-28-2004, 07:52 PM
I'm super cautious, and I recall the the flap over the leaked FB patch. If this is installed, will it conflict with the full final patch when it comes? Bird_brain, you've got a brain, does it look OK?

MK2aw
10-28-2004, 08:10 PM
Snuffy,

Have no fear. Starshoy is involved(the developer of the DGEN campaign engine for goodness sakes! :-)). Install it and have fun.

Chuck , let me know if you have not gotten it after this weekend, and I will mail you my spare copy. (I ordered 2) that guarantees you and "in" into this absurdly exclusive USA club.

Mk2aw

Targ
10-28-2004, 10:03 PM
Sticky until the patch comes out http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BuzzU
10-29-2004, 12:52 AM
The readme doesn't say how to install this. Is this just an update, or the whole deal?

VVS-Manuc
10-29-2004, 02:43 AM
The Beta test should be done before UBI released PF. Now you buy PF and become Beta testers

BlitzPig_Rivet
10-29-2004, 04:35 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Does this mean I can fly the Beaufighter Campaign now? Woo! Thnx, Starshoy! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, unfortunately, no. The Beau pilots still appear to have a desire to fly in formation into the side of mountains.

The speech and text in the Japanese campaigns appears to have been fixed though. I've only had a quick try out with it, so I can't comment further.

BlitzPig_Rivet

Spearfshr
10-29-2004, 05:30 AM
Chuck, best buy in Birmingham, Al didnt have it either.I got mine at EB here though. I called all over Birmingham(and its not a small place). I found 2 copies. I got the last one EB had. No one preordered around here and most stores still have it set to release in Nov on the 11th. For these guys to be saying they are hurting for cash........the release was not what it should have been. Glad for the patch though. My FIRST mission I chose was navy camp. It started with my fighter in the water. second mission started and immediately ended w/success and my fighter stuck in a cloud bank, never got to fly in it. Advanced again and FINALLY I fight. Not much action on the stick last night but what I saw that worked was great. Good luck finding it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Aeronautico
10-29-2004, 05:33 AM
"Take off", "Contact" and "Pancake" (or whatever) timing in the debriefing don't match. Sometimes I land before I take off, or after hours when it's been 20'...

Chuck_Older
10-29-2004, 05:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MK2aw:
Snuffy,

Have no fear. Starshoy is involved(the developer of the DGEN campaign engine for goodness sakes! :-)). Install it and have fun.

Chuck , let me know if you have not gotten it after this weekend, and I will mail you my spare copy. (I ordered 2) that guarantees you and "in" into this absurdly exclusive USA club.

Chuck e-mail me tonight and you will have it Saturday morning. mk2@bellsouth.net

Mk2aw <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jeez, thanks. It's Friday morning here and I didn't read this until now. I have three more stores to try in my area, which I'll hit tonight. If I have no luck, I'll shoot you a PM. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hrannar
10-29-2004, 11:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BuzzU:
The readme doesn't say how to install this. Is this just an update, or the whole deal? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Installing is simple, just backup these files and folders first:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI>DGen.exe
<LI>DGen
<LI>NGen
<LI>Samples [/list]
Then just unzip into the PF main directory. All done http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BuzzU
10-29-2004, 11:32 AM
Thanks..http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

JG52Uther
10-29-2004, 12:58 PM
Think i will wait for the 'patch',i dont do Beta's

dragonhart38
10-29-2004, 02:55 PM
The Fix is out before the game what the h..e..double hockey sticks!

x6BL_Brando
10-29-2004, 03:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Um, unfortunately, no. The Beau pilots still appear to have a desire to fly in formation into the side of mountains. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

's funny? The first thing I did after installation was go and retry the disappointing Beaufighter campaign. To my delight the whole lead flight climbed to a sensible altitude before crossing the interior and attacking the enemy airfield. No flying en masse into the hillside here.

Jester_159th
10-29-2004, 04:03 PM
Same here Brando. Flew perfect formation for 35 minutes...Right across New Guinea. No problems at all

....And then promptly got my A*** shot off by the AAA at the target! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Blottogg
10-30-2004, 01:19 AM
GT182 (Chuck too), keep the faith. I got an e-mail from Magnum PC today. They're shipping PF now. Mine's on the truck, and should be here on the 4th. Good news, now my wife can rachet back the Thorazine drip she's got me on. A good thing too, the drool was starting to impede the keyboaza43 t6.

Edit: correctly mentioned the guy ordering from Hunter. I blame the lingering effects of the tranquilizer for my earlier error.

BlitzPig_Rivet
10-30-2004, 05:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by x6BL_Brando:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Um, unfortunately, no. The Beau pilots still appear to have a desire to fly in formation into the side of mountains. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

's funny? The first thing I did after installation was go and retry the disappointing Beaufighter campaign. To my delight the whole lead flight climbed to a sensible altitude before crossing the interior and attacking the enemy airfield. No flying en masse into the hillside here. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's interesting. With confirmation by Jester_159th, it would suggest that I may have screwed up on the install of the new dgen somewhere. I'll try that again.

BlitzPig_Rivet

Ruy Horta
10-30-2004, 07:38 AM
Moderators, time to use the grey matter...

We need a sticky post on the PF forum.

Chuck_Older
10-30-2004, 03:36 PM
Just got it this afternoon. haven't mucked around with it much. But I have the dgen beta...

Sharpe26
11-01-2004, 03:07 PM
I like what I'm seeing so far.

edit: small bug found. When loading Coral Sea missions, two models of the Lexington get loaded. One with 8 inch turrets. the other with 5 inch turrets.

BSS_Goat
11-02-2004, 06:05 AM
uuuuuh

SeaFireLIV
11-04-2004, 12:39 PM
Feeling a bit dissappointed with DGEN. I`ve flown two complete Pacific Campaigns and while exciting the OUTCOME never changes.

The Campaign talks in the brief at the start about `if we win` possibilities, but in the end it`s the same old you can`t lose if you fight as Allies.

Yet I looked in IL2/PF and found this:

Description A few weeks later...\n\nWe might as well face it.\nThe War is over.\n\nThe might of the Empire has prevailed.\nThe best we can hope for now is a peace treaty.\n\n11:45 hours\nWeather: Clear.\nClouds at 3,300 feet.\n\nNow we must escape Pearl Harbour.\nWhat's left of the fleet is limpng south west towards friendlier waters .

It seems to indicate that you can LOSE as the US/Brits if things don`t go well, but I loss all my Carriers as the US and the Campaign still continued.

I`m wondering is it possible to actually lose in DGEN as Brits/US and win as Japanese? I like Campaigns where the outcome is truly in doubt so I can truly work to win! Perhaps Starshoy can answer this?

I will bring this up again, if I hear nothing....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/Shock.jpg
Shock n awe.

sapre
11-05-2004, 03:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
Feeling a bit dissappointed with DGEN. I`ve flown two complete Pacific Campaigns and while exciting the OUTCOME never changes.

The Campaign talks in the brief at the start about `if we win` possibilities, but in the end it`s the same old you can`t lose if you fight as Allies.

Yet I looked in IL2/PF and found this:

Description A few weeks later...\n\nWe might as well face it.\nThe War is over.\n\nThe might of the Empire has prevailed.\nThe best we can hope for now is a peace treaty.\n\n11:45 hours\nWeather: Clear.\nClouds at 3,300 feet.\n\nNow we must escape Pearl Harbour.\nWhat's left of the fleet is limpng south west towards friendlier waters .

It seems to indicate that you can LOSE as the US/Brits if things don`t go well, but I loss all my Carriers as the US and the Campaign still continued.

I`m wondering is it possible to actually lose in DGEN as Brits/US and win as Japanese? I like Campaigns where the outcome is truly in doubt so I can truly work to win! Perhaps Starshoy can answer this?

I will bring this up again, if I hear nothing....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v31/SeaFireLIV/Shock.jpg
Shock n awe. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Influencing the War‚ in Dynamic Campaign

In Pacific Fighters dynamic campaigns the player's actions‚ influence the outcome of individual operations as well as the whole war. The system works by assigning a static number of points to each target destroyed, and calculating a total number of points for each side. If your side destroys enemy targets, points are added to your side's tally. If your side's targets are destroyed by the enemy, the points are subtracted from‚ your side's‚ tally.

The following point values are used:
Carrier = 100 points
Other ship = 20 points
Plane = 5 points
Tank = 3 points
All other targets = 1 point

The‚ tallies are recalculated after each mission,‚ and they're checked at the end of each operation. Each side is assigned a predetermined number of points which in each operation means a historical outcome (victory or defeat). If the operation's tally does not match the historical outcome, an alternative briefing is triggered which may mean a defeat for the side that historically won,‚ or vice versa.

The grand total tally of multiple campaigns can also lead to an alternate outcome of the whole war.

Default value for an operation outcome is 100 points (added if it's a victory, subtracted if it's a defeat). War outcome's value is 1,000 points.

You can change these values by adding and modifying the following lines‚ in the conf.ini file located in your root game folder:

OperationVictory=100
OperationDefeat=-100
WarVictory=1000
WarDefeat=-1000

These are default values. You can change the numbers to your liking. For example, if you want mission outcome to always be historical, you can‚ set the‚ parameters to unachievable high values, such as

OperationVictory=3000
OperationDefeat=-3000
WarVictory=30000
WarDefeat=-30000

By reducing the numbers you can make your contributions matter much more in the overall war effort.

SeaFireLIV
11-05-2004, 01:34 PM
Yes, I saw this, but it`s confusing because the manual says the war can only be influenced but generally things carry on as historically, you can slow, speed up to a limited degree.. (p. 32, paragraph 3)

So I assumed the whole bit you pasted was for the ONLINE campaign and the guy hosting that. Anyway, i`ll make adjustments and see if anything changes....

FI.Snaphoo
11-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Does anyone have the link directly to the download? The SimHQ forums are down for most of the weekend....

MK2aw
11-06-2004, 08:17 PM
DGENBETA3.11 can be found on the front page of the main Pacific Fighters website.

Mk2aw

FI.Snaphoo
11-07-2004, 01:09 AM
Thanks.