PDA

View Full Version : where you satisfied with the length of the game?

ajl992008
11-19-2011, 06:21 AM
I was, I thought it was just about the perfect amount, it took me roughly 13 hours to complete the single player (excluding side missions, i did those but I am not including it), I would have liked a better beginning, like instead of the video as the intro, have ezio at a gate at Rome talking to the Italy cast, gets on a ship and we play through the trailer part as well, that could have been another sequence.

ajl992008
11-19-2011, 06:21 AM
I was, I thought it was just about the perfect amount, it took me roughly 13 hours to complete the single player (excluding side missions, i did those but I am not including it), I would have liked a better beginning, like instead of the video as the intro, have ezio at a gate at Rome talking to the Italy cast, gets on a ship and we play through the trailer part as well, that could have been another sequence.

SleezeRocker
11-19-2011, 06:26 AM
I thought it ok, I took my time. Aside intro being out this world, I thought it was fairly good. I think I put in about 3-4 hours more than with ACB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

LightRey
11-19-2011, 06:26 AM
I was definitely satisfied. As a completist I'm not sure just how long the story itself took, but it took me quite a while to finish everything, so no complaints at all here.

ajl992008
11-19-2011, 06:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
I was definitely satisfied. As a completist I'm not sure just how long the story itself took, but it took me quite a while to finish everything, so no complaints at all here. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yh the side missions took me another 7/8 hours because i did everything, the only thing i have yet to do is the remaining recruit assassins missions ad then ill finally have a go on mulitiplayer, although it was technically shorter than ac2 it just felt right, longer than acb, tht took me 10 hours to complete which is probably why i was so disappointed wit it

VSorceress
11-19-2011, 08:23 AM
I'm creating a new thread relating to the assassin recruitment, but i've been stuck on the start of sequence four for the past few days because i'm enjoying the assassin guild metagame with sending recruits overseas and installing new dens in other countries, etc. So i'm maxing out the hours which already has been over 15 sans storyline.

Animuses
11-19-2011, 09:32 AM
I was expecting the story to be as long as Brotherhood's story, so I knew the length wouldn't be an issue for me. The story was good, not great, but good and I'm satisfied with that.

ajl992008
11-20-2011, 02:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
I was expecting the story to be as long as Brotherhood's story, so I knew the length wouldn't be an issue for me. The story was good, not great, but good and I'm satisfied with that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

really? well everyone's got their own opinion but i felt it was the best story of the series.

ACRUINATION
11-20-2011, 03:09 AM
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER game was too short they cut off the ending just to make us wait for a new game (wont be buying that) and the storyline revealed nothing other than the fact desmond looks alot like his dad REVELATIONS i tell you! i jumped out of my seat in shock when i found out

the first people were an ancient race of highly advanced being destroyed by the sun? REVELATIONS i tell you! amazing truth i couldve only found out if id played AC2

CRUDFACE
11-20-2011, 03:35 AM
While I did immensely enjoy the length and depth of the main story, I was disappointed by the lack side missions, content of the random events and the disappearance of the VR missions.

lukaszep
11-20-2011, 03:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACRUINATION:
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER game was too short they cut off the ending just to make us wait for a new game (wont be buying that) and the storyline revealed nothing other than the fact desmond looks alot like his dad REVELATIONS i tell you! i jumped out of my seat in shock when i found out

the first people were an ancient race of highly advanced being destroyed by the sun? REVELATIONS i tell you! amazing truth i couldve only found out if id played AC2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...You need to replay the game, cause i hate to tell you but if that's all you got from it then you need to listen better.

Anyway, i definitely wouldn't complain if AC3 was longer, but i was happy with the length of AC:R. Like all the games there's a lot of replay value, plus there's a tonne of side missions, secret locations and multiplayer.

Assassin_M
11-20-2011, 03:21 PM
For me all AC games sucked because they ended http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

SolidSage
11-20-2011, 03:22 PM
Er, lets see, I just purchased my fourth Assassins Creed game, so........NO!!!! I want more.

This episode was fair in length though, high quality story, fun mini games, extra replayability and a robust MP.
Creed has always offered substantial content, when compared to the broad spectrum of games.

So, Yes, I was happy with length, but NO, because I am sad it's over. I could play Creed tales all year and nothing else.

LightRey
11-20-2011, 03:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Assassin_M:
For me all AC games sucked because they ended http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
xD
Win.

S-EVANS
11-20-2011, 03:31 PM
No its mostly side missions instead of gameplay...

even the map is small when compared to others, go along the rooftops and abuse the wires you can run from one end to the other in no time.

how i miss the kingdom....

Assassin_M
11-20-2011, 03:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S-EVANS:
No its mostly side missions instead of gameplay...

even the map is small when compared to others, go along the rooftops and abuse the wires you can run from one end to the other in no time.

how i miss the kingdom.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Im sure it misses you too..

zhengyingli
11-20-2011, 11:16 PM
The length was pretty good. The lackluster number of Guild side missions was a bummer, BUT, the side missions they ended put in this game were greatly improved, structure-wise, and that's due to the story, imo.

They stopped being about crossing assassination targets off of a shopping list, thus ending the formulaic nature of past AC games. Brotherhood improved on that, and Revelations is close to mastering the craft. I mean, it's such a breath of fresh air that not all sequences ended with a climax, thus making the climaxes that exist more memorable.

My thoughts on the story, in comparison to the others in the series? Well, in short, I like them all because they're essential different from each other. Here's a really concise list of qualities that differentiate each title:

AC: Philosophical
ACII: A few good WTF moments.
ACB: Bombastic.
ACR: Awe-shucks moments a plenty.

Obviously, many are disappointed by what was revealed. The disappointment is understandable, but for me, I only blame Ubisoft Montreal for gravely misusing the word "Revelations" in the product. "Assassin's Creed: Wrap-Up" would a more suitable title, but I do like what was revealed as a result of the wrap-up of the two characters.

Valaquen_
11-21-2011, 01:12 PM
I was happy with the Ezio missions, but Altair's were ridiculous. The last two were essentially walking from point A-B, completable in, literally, a couple of minutes. It seems that we got the Cliffnotes version of Altair's life; many of the sequences had nigh-on no context unless you've read The Secret Crusade. The whole deal with Sef, Abbas taking over, the Mongols invading Masayf ... well, the player isn't told a thing in-game. It's a rush-job. Which is a shame. Maybe Altair should have had his own separate game, or Ubi shouldn't have insisted on this game-per-year deal. That's my only real gripe.

ajl992008
11-21-2011, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Valaquen_:
I was happy with the Ezio missions, but Altair's were ridiculous. The last two were essentially walking from point A-B, completable in, literally, a couple of minutes. It seems that we got the Cliffnotes version of Altair's life; many of the sequences had nigh-on no context unless you've read The Secret Crusade. The whole deal with Sef, Abbas taking over, the Mongols invading Masayf ... well, the player isn't told a thing in-game. It's a rush-job. Which is a shame. Maybe Altair should have had his own separate game, or Ubi shouldn't have insisted on this game-per-year deal. That's my only real gripe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i dont think it the ac per year causing it coz acb and acr were good.i agree that a seprate altair game would be nice, maybe a prologue to ac3 where you play altair in cyprus after ac1 (bloodlines) and maybe we are toldthat in the archive there was a vault with another apple in which jupiter appeared telling altair to leave it there as it will play a big part in saving the world (desmond sees ezio see minerva from it), mayb just set in kyrenea and a 7/8 hour campaign thats downloadable only, i doubt if they did they would do a full packaged game with either ezio or altair now, while im saying this i would like ac2 discovery to have a console game downloadable version, that would be cool

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 01:37 PM
I felt the story was engrossing and I just couldn't wait - so to speak - what was coming next but the side missions are disappointing to say the least.

I dig the fact you can invest into a proper relationship with a couple of your fellow assassin students but c'mon... One mission for each guild? Seriously? Also, something like the DaVinci missions from Brotherhood would have been great too.

ajl992008
11-21-2011, 02:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:
I felt the story was engrossing and I just couldn't wait - so to speak - what was coming next but the side missions are disappointing to say the least.

I dig the fact you can invest into a proper relationship with a couple of your fellow assassin students but c'mon... One mission for each guild? Seriously? Also, something like the DaVinci missions from Brotherhood would have been great too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they were there, they were just part of the main mission branch like the chariot race for example.

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 02:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ajl992008:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:

I dig the fact you can invest into a proper relationship with a couple of your fellow assassin students but c'mon... One mission for each guild? Seriously? Also, something like the DaVinci missions from Brotherhood would have been great too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they were there, they were just part of the main mission branch like the chariot race for example. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which is why I said I'd rather have MORE side-missions like that. After I finished the game, I just felt I didn't have that much to do, which is a shame since Constantinopole is by far the most beautiful city I've seen in AC game thus far.

deskpe
11-21-2011, 02:22 PM
compared to brootherhood this game is insanely short, and theres very very few side missions, and only one mission for each faction is rather dull, but i find it was worth the money. and I'd rather have one shortish game a year than having to wait 2 years btween games. As long as we get a greater larger game once in a while like AC2 was and hopefully AC3 will be. i have spendt atleast 27 hours with the singleplayer game so far and multiple hours in the multiplayer so ima say im satisfied as long as they dont make it an habit :P

dewgel
11-21-2011, 02:25 PM
I don't think anyone would be satisfied to be honest.

Yeah I was happy, it wasn't too long to be dragged out. Although I wasn't too keen on the "Revelations", but as previously said, they did misuse that word.

Spoilers for those who haven't finished the game, below. to be honest, if you're in this thread you've finished in any case..

I thought Ezio's story was the best to date. It was better to see a different side to him, and I liked his meetings with Sofia etc, and helping Suleiman. The Revelations though, although Amancio saying will answer alot of the doors they've opened previously, did not.

The doors they've opened and need to answer, unless I'm missing something here:

- Subject 16's Truth Video in AC2
- Subject 16's Truth meeting with Desmond in Brotherhood
- Why the Apple made Desmond kill lucy (I expect this to appear on ACIII though)

YHHTQ
11-21-2011, 02:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:
I don't think anyone would be satisfied to be honest.

Yeah I was happy, it wasn't too long to be dragged out. Although I wasn't too keen on the "Revelations", but as previously said, they did misuse that word.

Spoilers for those who haven't finished the game, below. to be honest, if you're in this thread you've finished in any case..

I thought Ezio's story was the best to date. It was better to see a different side to him, and I liked his meetings with Sofia etc, and helping Suleiman. The Revelations though, although Amancio saying will answer alot of the doors they've opened previously, did not.

The doors they've opened and need to answer, unless I'm missing something here:

- Subject 16's Truth Video in AC2
- Subject 16's Truth meeting with Desmond in Brotherhood
- Why the Apple made Desmond kill lucy (I expect this to appear on ACIII though) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say Revelations explains one of the main reasons behind Lucy's death or at least, it implies such.

EmBRaCeDeATH
11-21-2011, 02:47 PM
It's decenty lengthed.

I liked brotherhood's length. WAY more to do. Unless its just me, Once you beat the Story there's nothing really else to do. Only 1 Hidden Tomb, Thats it. (For me atleastů).

I renovated everything, Have all the recruit assassins. Don't know what else to do besides get Animus Fragments.