PDA

View Full Version : I wanna be cool too

geow-jim
02-13-2007, 10:13 AM
To all,
I've got FB+AEP+PF.
I've read that there's more to be had...and not just the newest one-Sturmovik 1946.
PE-2?
Manchuria?
How does a Noob get these and attempt to join the ranks of the cool?
Jim Green

3.JG51_BigBear
02-13-2007, 11:09 AM
All you need is Il-2 Sturmovik:1946 to get totally up to date. Its a great way to get everything on one DVD. If you don't want to go that route you can dowload all the addons from UBI but I think it will cost more when all is said and done. If you're in the U.S. the only way to get '46 right now is through gogamer.com or ebay maybe.

LEBillfish
02-13-2007, 12:15 PM
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">AAEeeeehh..1946 is Cool-a-mundo</span>
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/94/Fonzie.jpg

triad773
02-13-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by geow-jim:
To all,
I've got FB+AEP+PF.
I've read that there's more to be had...and not just the newest one-Sturmovik 1946.
PE-2?
Manchuria?
How does a Noob get these and attempt to join the ranks of the cool?
Jim Green

G-J- where you at (country)? its easier to get 1946 in Europe then the US. Let us know and someone will direct you no doubt. In ADDITION to 1946, there is a final patch for download that gets you up to 4.08. But not to worry- there won't be any additional patches updates for this sim. But then when's the last time you heard of any sim having free updates/patches with new content? It has great maps of Italy, Norway and desert! This sim has been out and growing since 2001.

We're all hoping the next iteration from the developer Oleg Maddox is as great, and has the similarity to this one in that there may be updates, some free- some not. But bang for the buck I think anyone would be hard pressed to find an equal or better value for the money.

Cheers

Triad

geow-jim
02-13-2007, 08:47 PM
Thanks!

Like all of us, I've seen the amazing screen shots for Sturmovik 46.

When it first came out, a few guys on line were a bit freaked because they couldn't get it to play...or they needed drivers, etc. I figured I'd wait till the dust settled before I went to gogamer.

Perhaps the dust has settled. I'll pull off the mask and whip out the Visa card.

You guys are very quick with the advice/answers. Thank you for your help.

Jim