PDA

View Full Version : How do I turn off the text in games?

Snowman1025
03-13-2006, 02:56 PM
I know there is a way to turn off the radio chatter text in games, but I forgot how. Can anybody help me out real quick?

ladlon
03-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Go into the config file (found in the root of the IL2/PF folder), and look (near the top... I think in the GAME section) for NoSubTitles=0... Change it to 1.

Dean3238
03-13-2006, 03:11 PM
Does a similar thing turn off the cute messeges at the top of an on-line server game?

Snowman1025
03-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Hmmm, I thought that there was a way to do this in game, but thank you.

-Also, what does "HighGore" mean, what if I change that?

ladlon
03-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Not in-game, unfortunately... but not difficult to do. Just edit that line in the config file. If it's set to 1, no text (on the top) will show up. You can also limit the number of lines it takes up too (ex. only two lines of text). You can also set whether there is text on the bottom right (messages about engine power changes, flap changes, etc).

Snowman1025
03-13-2006, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I changed it. Thanks for the help http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Troll2k
03-13-2006, 04:30 PM
There are about 3 planes(I can not remember which ones)where you could see blood in the cockpit with "high gore" turned on.

Jumoschwanz
03-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Everytime somebody posts a question like this I wonder how they got this sim without a manual like the one that I got in the box with mine when I bought it retail.........

tagTaken2
03-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Troll2k:
There are about 3 planes(I can not remember which ones)where you could see blood in the cockpit with "high gore" turned on.

This was in the original Il-2, believe it's gone now.

Remember to watch cockpit gauges if the text is off. Engine seizure... it can happen for you!

The manual has so many things left out, it's more of a quickstart.

ladlon
03-14-2006, 06:39 AM
In Jumoschwanz's defense, it is in the manual... but I agree, the manual leaves some things out.

BTW, NoSubTitles=1 removes the TOP text (radio chatter), whereas NoHudLog=1 removes the messages/warnings that appear on the right of the screen. (That's in the manual, page 25)

major_setback
03-14-2006, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by ladlon:
In Jumoschwanz's defense, it is in the manual... but I agree, the manual leaves some things out.

BTW, NoSubTitles=1 removes the TOP text (radio chatter), whereas NoHudLog=1 removes the messages/warnings that appear on the right of the screen. (That's in the manual, page 25)

It would be good with a printed FAQ in the manual explaining how to: 'release chocks' , raise manual landing gear, centre gunsight, etc....ie. fixes for the most common problems that cause major irritation for first time buyers.

Dean3238
03-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Actually, I've had NoSubTitles=1 for a long time (don't want to turn off the HUD data on the right side, since I don't trust myself to know if my control input "took"), I'm looking to turn off the server messeges, also at the top, saying "Joe-blow has joined the game" or "Winger2 has his wing sawed off by Joe-blow".

I know "Winger2" had his plane come apart (watched it happen), and don't need the distraction...

Iron_Hand1
03-14-2006, 07:49 AM
Another option for you.
In the [GAME]section of the config.ini file, this is the same section that "NoSubtitles" and "NoChatter" are,
instead of changing NoSubtitles and turning it off, just add the line SubTitlesLines=2.
This will limit the amount of lines to 2, but you will still be able to see the talk that is going on. I personally turned off the radio chatter and set my lines to 2, that way I don't hear them but still see all the messages without filling the whole screen. you can set the lines to 1 or 3 if thats better for you too.
Anyway, just another option if you like.

Dean3238
03-14-2006, 10:35 AM
Thanks, Iron_Hand1.

I wonder if SubTitleLines=0 will get rid of the little alerts the server sends...

Worth a try, if it crashes, its an easy fix. ;-)