PDA

View Full Version : Lost Aircraft ID Information

drsmith
05-30-2011, 11:32 AM
I have lost the approaching Aircraft ID info (The Red or Blue information in the area of approaching aircraft) which tells me if the little black dots are friend or foe and identifies the type aircraft approaching. How do I recover this information? This has never happened before.

Luno13
05-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Are you referring to the icons?

They can be disabled in several ways - turning off the option in the difficulty menu, flying in server in which they turned off, or by assigning a key combination in the controls menu to turn them on/off while in flight.

drsmith
05-30-2011, 05:52 PM
The Icon switch in "Difficulty" is ON. There is no key in Controls that applies to the ID of approaching aircraft. I have no idea where I can make this correction. But thanks, guys.

WTE_Galway
05-30-2011, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by drsmith:
There is no key in Controls that applies to the ID of approaching aircraft.

There is definitely a toggle icons key option in the controls setup.

berg417448
05-30-2011, 07:03 PM
The Icon switch in "Difficulty" is ON. There is no key in Controls that applies to the ID of approaching aircraft. I have no idea where I can make this correction. But thanks, guys.

The switch says "No Icons", so if it is "ON" then there will not be any icons.

Tully__
05-30-2011, 07:14 PM
...There is no key in Controls that applies to the ID of approaching aircraft....
The control is called Toggle Icon Types and it appears in the MISC section of the controls screen. You'll need to assign a key as there is no default key assignment for it. It will have no effect if you have the "No Icons" difficutly setting turned on. If you have the "No Icons" difficulty setting turned off, this control will cycle through four or five different combinations of information in icons, one of which removes them altogether.

If memory serves correctly, this control may not have been in the original IL2 (2001 release), it was introduced in FB or AEP I think and all later versions include it.