PDA

View Full Version : So which are the "must have" maps/missions?

Gnomie
10-21-2008, 01:56 AM
Inspired by the "So which are the "must have" mods?" I decided to post a follow-up.

I recently re-installed IL-2 1946, patched it up and installed the AAA Community Mod installer thingy. Now I just need to find some decent maps and/or mission packs. So which ones should I get? I've heard the BoB pack is due to be relased sometime soon, and I'll be sure to grab that once it does, but maybe there are others which I could enjoy in the mean time..?

Thanks! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Freiwillige
10-21-2008, 02:48 AM
try www.mission4today.com (http://www.mission4today.com) for missions and campaighns. I recommend the "legend of Y-29" campaighn, Its a must have.

fabianfred
10-21-2008, 04:48 AM
You have installed the mod pack....but do you not look in the AAA forums?
There is full information on what maps are available and which are WIP.
Why do you need others to tell you what to install. Surely you know best which theatres of the war you prefer..... ETO/PTO/Desert/small forgotten actions...

If you like to fly LW or RAAF or IJN or even Swiss there are maps you can use right now.

The BoB map beta version has been out for some time and is being enjoyed by many...the Full version will come soon with many additions and new textures.

The Phillipines is out..... as is Thailand/Indo-China/East Burma. Switzerland is out. Tobruk is out. PNG is being worked upon.

There are not so many missions and campaigns yet for the new maps..... more people are interested in flying the new planes and maps in the QMB and there are few who take the time to learn the FMB.

Unlike the mods, recommending the maps is harder as they are more of a personal preference thing.

Gnomie
10-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by fabianfred:
You have installed the mod pack....but do you not look in the AAA forums?
There is full information on what maps are available and which are WIP.
Why do you need others to tell you what to install. Surely you know best which theatres of the war you prefer..... ETO/PTO/Desert/small forgotten actions...

If you like to fly LW or RAAF or IJN or even Swiss there are maps you can use right now.

The BoB map beta version has been out for some time and is being enjoyed by many...the Full version will come soon with many additions and new textures.

The Phillipines is out..... as is Thailand/Indo-China/East Burma. Switzerland is out. Tobruk is out. PNG is being worked upon.

There are not so many missions and campaigns yet for the new maps..... more people are interested in flying the new planes and maps in the QMB and there are few who take the time to learn the FMB.

Unlike the mods, recommending the maps is harder as they are more of a personal preference thing.

The reason I asked was that I find it a little confusing to find missions on the new maps, and I don't have the skills to make my own in the FMB using templates. So how can I use the new maps in QMB? I heard someone mention a utility that lets you play the new maps in the QMB, but I don't remember its name.

Sorry, it's just a little daunting to get into this sim.. I've spent a day just installing mods and getting up to speed, and I'm getting tired of Crimea and Smolensk already.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

fabianfred
10-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Best to relax and take your time..... some of us have been doing it for six years and are still like kids at xmas when a new mod tickles our fancy....
try each mod/map....one at a time....make sure it works OK...no problems...and enjoy the difference it makes....before moving on to the next