PDA

View Full Version : What are your graphics settings in Uru?

AQIUS
12-02-2003, 03:37 PM
I was just curious what everyone else has their graphics options set to. I currently play Uru at 1600x1200 with AA/AF set to 50% and it runs smoothly for me. I've tried lower resolutions just for the heck of it and even though the game doesn't look as photo realistic at those settings, it still looks nice regardless.

AQIUS
12-02-2003, 03:37 PM
I was just curious what everyone else has their graphics options set to. I currently play Uru at 1600x1200 with AA/AF set to 50% and it runs smoothly for me. I've tried lower resolutions just for the heck of it and even though the game doesn't look as photo realistic at those settings, it still looks nice regardless.

Srikandi
12-02-2003, 03:56 PM
I've been running it with everything at the max (well, 1280x1024 resolution since that's what my LCD monitor supports), and it looks great, but then I have a brand-new gaming computer. This game sure makes a good justification for upgrading http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Actually though I'm not really sure what anisotropic filtering does. Never had it before. Can anyone explain it?

Fyrehawk
12-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Everything to the max!

"There is a thin line between insanity and genius. I have erased this line".
--Oscar Levant

AQIUS
12-02-2003, 08:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Srikandi:
I've been running it with everything at the max (well, 1280x1024 resolution since that's what my LCD monitor supports), and it looks great, but then I have a brand-new gaming computer. This game sure makes a good justification for upgrading http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Actually though I'm not really sure what anisotropic filtering does. Never had it before. Can anyone explain it?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anisotropic filtering (AF) is a feature of some video cards that sharpens the details of the fading-away part of a 3D object that recedes into the distance. Think of the text in the titles at the beginning of the Star Wars movies that is presented in large letters and then scrolls back into the distance. As it scrolls off, it becomes fuzzy and hard to read. In a 3D image you may want a comparable effect but also retain the sharpness of an object as it recedes; anisotropic filtering does this.

BL4S7ER
12-03-2003, 01:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Srikandi:
I've been running it with everything at the max (well, 1280x1024 resolution since that's what my LCD monitor supports), and it looks great, but then I have a brand-new gaming computer. This game sure makes a good justification for upgrading

Actually though I'm not really sure what anisotropic filtering does. Never had it before. Can anyone explain it?<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Anisotropic filtering (AF) is a feature of some video cards that sharpens the details of the fading-away part of a 3D object that recedes into the distance. Think of the text in the titles at the beginning of the Star Wars movies that is presented in large letters and then scrolls back into the distance. As it scrolls off, it becomes fuzzy and hard to read. In a 3D image you may want a comparable effect but also retain the sharpness of an object as it recedes; anisotropic filtering does this.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Got this info fromHERE (http://www.beyond3d.com/articles/Anisotropic/index1.php)

"Anisotropic rendering will give a big visual improvement by giving you better depth detail and an accurate representation of texture maps on polygons that are not parallel with the screen."

Srikandi
12-03-2003, 02:39 AM
Thanks! I knew there was some reason I wanted it besides the fact that it sounds expensive! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

madmaxjsyc.i.
12-03-2003, 06:57 AM
1024*768

i can run it to the max if needed, but it's just fine like this.

yeah i got me a new pc just for URU too.

looking forward to half-life2/doom3 more so now that live is delayed, think i'll have to upgrade my g/card soon though, i have a radeon 9500 soft modded to 9700.

We all learn to the fitness of our own abilities