PDA

View Full Version : c.200 overrev in dive

Ruy Horta
02-12-2006, 04:10 AM
Like most of you I have been playing around with the new patch (finally the Italian a/c we've been wishing for since the Med. poll, thanks guys!!), and I noticed that I could overrev the engine on the C.200 while going into a full powerdive.

I don't remember if there is any other a/c in the game which has this feature, so I tested some a/c which I'd suspect to be most prone to similar effects (in fact all engines should be), the G.50 and I-16, but these would fall apart before anything happened to the engine.

Since there is a regular crowd who test each and every issue, I wondered if there were more a/c in the game which will overrev their engine in a full power dive?

And if not, why not?

Or why only the C.200?

Perhaps it is a bug, but I'd like to consider this a feature which would be nice on all a/c (at least with manual control)!!

If this has been discussed before, sorry...

F19_Olli72
02-12-2006, 05:30 AM
Strange, is it something that changed in this patch? In the past, i regularly overreved Hurricanes online in dives but i just tried it on QMB Smolensk map from 3000 m. Didnt overrev even in power dive straight down.

Ruy Horta
02-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Must have missed that somehow, but I sure never encountered it before in any other type. But I do like the feature. Perhaps some BoB test code left in by mistake?

But if you consider it, most engines should be susceptible to overrevving if thrown in to a full power dive, without taking care of the revs, right?

The c.200 engine will whine, overheat and blow up in only a few seconds. Should be pretty noticable in other types as well if it were modelled (at least with manual control pitch etc).