PDA

View Full Version : eye of beholder

nakamura_kenji
01-30-2006, 03:10 AM
it be me or handling of plane much like what people find much nice look at. what mean all have own idea often be much different base our time fly plane/skill ect. people often be say manoverble cause such such pilot say it but thing one person manoverble another pilot unmanoverble. example be ki-43-I japanese pilot orignal thought be somewhat unmanoverble because had early be fly ki-27 but us it one manoverble plane in game

another while go fly friend who normal fly spitfire try learn fly ija plane so try teach him ki-61/100. suggest be take ki-100-I-ko i take ki-61-I-hei be heaviest version we play chase i form his 6 he try lose me. even better handle plane he no able lose me so think i be lier him and ki-61-I-hei be more manoverable so switch same again no able lose me. reason be much simple experience/fear he turn start notice plane be start sudder move so he be no turn as tight because he be scare he go stall/snap spin where be me no scare have fly plane long no plane able fly stall edge much easy no fear be when start shake result able stay behind though even be poorer plane in. which often toward end ww2 allie often fight little pilot experience/training plane fly result they no able fly plane full it ability like friend when ki-100 fly

be simple what feel plane be no reliable information open much misintpretaion/misunderstanding for be reliable base plane abilty on it be also no enough determine be one plane outturn other cause often no know about pilot enemy his skill/experience plane he fly. simple be say our own feel for plane much like what nice at look some people like modern art other no some think plane no manoverable other do

nakamura_kenji
01-30-2006, 03:10 AM
it be me or handling of plane much like what people find much nice look at. what mean all have own idea often be much different base our time fly plane/skill ect. people often be say manoverble cause such such pilot say it but thing one person manoverble another pilot unmanoverble. example be ki-43-I japanese pilot orignal thought be somewhat unmanoverble because had early be fly ki-27 but us it one manoverble plane in game

another while go fly friend who normal fly spitfire try learn fly ija plane so try teach him ki-61/100. suggest be take ki-100-I-ko i take ki-61-I-hei be heaviest version we play chase i form his 6 he try lose me. even better handle plane he no able lose me so think i be lier him and ki-61-I-hei be more manoverable so switch same again no able lose me. reason be much simple experience/fear he turn start notice plane be start sudder move so he be no turn as tight because he be scare he go stall/snap spin where be me no scare have fly plane long no plane able fly stall edge much easy no fear be when start shake result able stay behind though even be poorer plane in. which often toward end ww2 allie often fight little pilot experience/training plane fly result they no able fly plane full it ability like friend when ki-100 fly

be simple what feel plane be no reliable information open much misintpretaion/misunderstanding for be reliable base plane abilty on it be also no enough determine be one plane outturn other cause often no know about pilot enemy his skill/experience plane he fly. simple be say our own feel for plane much like what nice at look some people like modern art other no some think plane no manoverable other do

WOLFMondo
01-30-2006, 03:27 AM
I think its the way people think about how planes fight and what there used too when they say a plane is unmanoverable. When I read people saying the Fw190's are not manoverable, what there saying is it cannot turn well because they associate manoverability with horizontal turning.

F19_Olli72
01-30-2006, 03:30 AM
Agreed its an experience thing, however it can also be the stick settings. My brother uses similar settings as me (we both have MS FFB sticks) but with much more filtering. He thinks his settings are more stable helping him in aiming/gunnery and sustained turning, while my settings are better for faster evasive maneouvers. I tried his settings but i didnt like them, i was too used to my old settings.

GH_Klingstroem
01-30-2006, 03:36 AM
Olli 72 can u explain how the filtering works?! Is it the last digit in the conf.ini file for the joystick?!
Mine goes something like ... 80 90 100 0

As far as i understand the numbers indicate how much force the pilot can put on the stick. But what does the filtering do and what does it help for?

rnzoli
01-30-2006, 03:39 AM
I can't say I understand everything from Kenji's post, but I probably agree with it 100% http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I stopped thinking in the terms of "uber" and "porked" planes, when I met some good pilots, who actually gave us advice on how to be better against them, and even offered to switch planes http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif after shooting us down in a row 3-4 times. It is a really excellent test to try, I suggest any uber/pork whiner to offer/accept this gratious possibility.

Needless to say, the good guys shoot us down in the other plane, too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

However, it isn't true, than only the pilot matters. In fact, the end result of a combat is a combination of the plane AND the pilot. We were able to extend our survival time, if the better pilot was in slower plane http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

F19_Olli72
01-30-2006, 04:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GH_Klingstroem:
Olli 72 can u explain how the filtering works?! Is it the last digit in the conf.ini file for the joystick?!

As far as i understand the numbers indicate how much force the pilot can put on the stick. But what does the filtering do and what does it help for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I set it in input menu in the game, so i wouldnt know where to change it in the config file. If you change it in game you will be able to see the difference right away. Go into "pitch" for example and set filtering to lowest (not the 10 sliders but the slider that says "filtering"). Pull and push the stick, youll see the red and green dot moving. Now try set filtering to full and try again, the dots move at different speed. So one might say its the "reaction speed" for the stick.

He posted his settings (with pics) here:
http://f19vs.se/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=474

GH_Klingstroem
01-30-2006, 05:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F19_Olli72:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GH_Klingstroem:

As far as i understand the numbers indicate how much force the pilot can put on the stick. But what does the filtering do and what does it help for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I set it in input menu in the game, so i wouldnt know where to change it in the config file. If you change it in game you will be able to see the difference right away. Go into "pitch" for example and set filtering to lowest (not the 10 sliders but the slider that says "filtering"). Pull and push the stick, youll see the red and green dot moving. Now try set filtering to full and try again, the dots move at different speed. So one might say its the "reaction speed" for the stick.

He posted his settings (with pics) here:
http://f19vs.se/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=474 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the "reaction speed" of the stick very well explains it to me!
Thx Olli72!

jds1978
01-30-2006, 05:29 AM
excellent post, Kenji-san!