PDA

View Full Version : Mission recordings after patch.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 02:11 PM
S~ all. Would like to know if anyone else was experiencing this problem or knew of a fix. Patched my game up to 1.1b last night and flew a few offline quick missions with the "Quick Mission Builder." After flying a good fight against a 109 I saved the track. I then went back to play the track and something very strange occurred- the 109 took on a life of it's own. After the head on pass (during the mission) I got on his tail and chipped away til he went down. When playing the mission back, the 109 was on MY tail (which never happened) and shooting at me. My plane appeared to be shooting into thin air and then it crashed! I never crashed during the mission. Also, some of my old recordings (from before the patch) will not play- it states that they are not the correct format. It will play all the .ntrk extensions but not the .trk files. Sorry this was so long but it was kinda hard to explain. Any help greatly appreciated.

Serpent... out

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 02:11 PM
S~ all. Would like to know if anyone else was experiencing this problem or knew of a fix. Patched my game up to 1.1b last night and flew a few offline quick missions with the "Quick Mission Builder." After flying a good fight against a 109 I saved the track. I then went back to play the track and something very strange occurred- the 109 took on a life of it's own. After the head on pass (during the mission) I got on his tail and chipped away til he went down. When playing the mission back, the 109 was on MY tail (which never happened) and shooting at me. My plane appeared to be shooting into thin air and then it crashed! I never crashed during the mission. Also, some of my old recordings (from before the patch) will not play- it states that they are not the correct format. It will play all the .ntrk extensions but not the .trk files. Sorry this was so long but it was kinda hard to explain. Any help greatly appreciated.

Serpent... out

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 03:22 PM
Save your tracks with the quick recorder (.ntrk). Add a key to the recorder in the controls for easy access. I have problems with the .trk files after the patch aswell, never did with the unpatched version. Oh well, it's not a big problem. Just don't forget to start the recorder. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Zayets
08-13-2003, 03:28 PM
USAAF_352_HO_Z wrote:
- S~ all. Would like to know if anyone else was
- experiencing this problem or knew of a fix. Patched
- my game up to 1.1b last night and flew a few offline
- quick missions with the "Quick Mission Builder."
- After flying a good fight against a 109 I saved the
- track. I then went back to play the track and
- something very strange occurred- the 109 took on a
- life of it's own. After the head on pass (during the
- mission) I got on his tail and chipped away til he
- went down. When playing the mission back, the 109
- was on MY tail (which never happened) and shooting
- at me. My plane appeared to be shooting into thin
- air and then it crashed! I never crashed during the
- mission. Also, some of my old recordings (from
- before the patch) will not play- it states that they
- are not the correct format. It will play all the
- .ntrk extensions but not the .trk files. Sorry this
- was so long but it was kinda hard to explain. Any
- help greatly appreciated.
-
- Serpent... out

I told you this day will come!!! None of you guys believed me. Here's your proof goddammit! The machines are starting to rule the whole world! And we can't do anything about it! How many proofs do you want until you take some actions? Unplug your computers and trash'em outta windows! Let's free our minds.
Now , I'll be back in my Jug now. Offline , ofcourse , i wanna meet and beat RBJ . This should be a close encounter. So , I have to train myself.

Zayets out

eskimo-FHmod
08-13-2003, 03:29 PM
same here. when i watched my footage i thought "how the hell could i have possibly been shooting that far off the mark." well i didnt, the recordings are all messed up. as for the ntrks whenever i start a recording i lose sound and it wont come back.

<centerhttp://homepages.ihug.com.au/~peabody/ihugSig.jpg (http://www.fhmod.com)

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 04:33 PM
I've noticed that the problem with recording tracks occurs only when the accelerate time feature is used. I recorded a track yesterday where I shot down a 109, and I played it back in real time. Later, I went back and played it using accelerate time and it was all hosed up! I was shooting at nothing, and ended up running into the ground. After I shut down FB and replayed the track again in real time only, it was OK again. Seems to be related to accelerate time during recording or playback.

<center>http://777AVG.com/sigs/sig03.gif </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 04:40 PM
Hi,

You are talking about a serious problem. A serious problem for people, who are building a campaign and want to impliment videos.

Saving the mission as .TRK brings strange results, like you described.

Reworking missions with the .NTRK recorder gives other strange results:

The vertical view angle and the view distance have changed, when i play back a video i have reworked.
Is it possible, that when i rerecord the .NTRK as an .NTRK, that all view settings i changed during a pause-phase are not right recorded?

I made 60 videos for my new campaign so far.
I knew, that i had to record them again for a patch, but i don't know, how to do it.
Recording them as .TRK makes the planes fly other paths than recorded.
Recording them as .NTRK changes the views. Playing back the video, the viewer looks from a higher and much closer angle. These bad effects occur only from the outside- view. Inside the plane and in flyby, everything is ok.

In Il-2FB 1.0, i recorded the videos as .TRKs, because saved as .NTRK the flight characteristics of the planes were very bad.

:-(
Morgenstern

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 04:42 PM
For me it doesn't matter if the time acceleration is on or off, the tracks still don't play well.

What I have found, is that (with my computer) the first track I've recorded plays well, after that the machine claims I've only been shooting invisible birds.

Airhead_777_AVG wrote:
- I've noticed that the problem with recording tracks
- occurs only when the accelerate time feature is
- used. I recorded a track yesterday where I shot
- down a 109, and I played it back in real time.
- Later, I went back and played it using accelerate
- time and it was all hosed up! I was shooting at
- nothing, and ended up running into the ground.
- After I shut down FB and replayed the track again in
- real time only, it was OK again. Seems to be
- related to accelerate time during recording or
- playback.
-
-
-
- <center>http://777AVG.com/sigs/sig03.gif</center>

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 05:58 PM
You are right. The mission recorder is now useless. Aircraft disappear and events are not replayed accurately. I've tried several times and not once did the recorder work properly. Too bad, because it's one of my favorite features.

It's a serious problem, and I hope it is fixed when the aircraft add-ons are offered, if not before.

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 12:43 AM
SO why do .ntrk's record faithfully and .trk's introduce all sorts of vanishing plane effects? Does anyone have an answer to this one?

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 12:55 AM
Zayets wrote:
I told you this day will come!!! None of you guys
- believed me. Here's your proof goddammit! The
- machines are starting to rule the whole world! And
- we can't do anything about it! How many proofs do
- you want until you take some actions? Unplug your
- computers and trash'em outta windows! Let's free our
- minds.
- Now , I'll be back in my Jug now. Offline , ofcourse
- , i wanna meet and beat RBJ . This should be a close
- encounter. So , I have to train myself.
-
-

Buddy, someont told this to me once:
P-R-O-Z-A-C!!! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Refering to the original post Theis prob was reported since yesterday on some threads, I have it too/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif , let's just hope that Oleg throws a look on this forum and find it out.
Remember this is open beta, so till the final patch comes..../i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

<center>"The show must go on..."<center>
<center>http://www.btinternet.com/~jj_b/vaw/images/iar81t.jpg </center>
<center>A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great'
landing is one after which they can use the plane again<center>

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 02:07 AM
I am getting exactly the same problem as the original poster

"If I had all the money I've spent on drink....I'd spend it on drink!"