PDA

View Full Version : What three pieces of Graphical Eye Candy would you love to see in BoB?

Mysticpuma2003
06-30-2007, 11:45 AM
I'm interested to see what others think on this subject, and hoping that we can keep it on-topic, so although listing ladies would be humerous, can we please stay with the game graphics?

So, here are mine:

1) A proper pilot animation for when he bails out, so that he doesn't just appear 'through' the plane. So you hit the bail button, and the plane goes to a behind the cockpit view. Your pilot slides the canopy/pops the canopy and then you see him climb out/fall out. I think that this would add to the immersion a lot.

Check out this page:

http://www.gmxmedia.net/dday/downloads/downloads1.shtml

Download Movie 2 and watch it at 2min 05 seconds....very nice.

2) Engine oil slowly covering the plane and windshield over time, after an engine hit or failure.

3) A bomb-bay door camera view, like old movie footage as the payload drops, and continuing with that theme, also being able to track the bomb down to the target.

Ok, that's my starter, other thoughts?

Cheers, MP.

Superluminal_8
06-30-2007, 11:50 AM
Yup,would be nice. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

PBNA-Boosher
06-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Animated pilot within the cockpit for me, so that we can actually see our hands push the throttle and stick, as well as levers and gauges. It'd probably make movies a bit more interesting too.... (hint Mystic?)

Single bullet damage modeling (each bullet makes its own hole, specific damage, etc..)

When setting fences in the FMB, I wish they could be set by waypoint, not by individual placement, as they're a pain to set up.

BillyTheKid_22
06-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Great video and NICE!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

JG4_Helofly
06-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Single bullet damage modeling (each bullet makes its own hole, specific damage, etc..)

Good idea. Does somebody know how dynamic the new DM will be? Once I read that the DM would be like PBNA said, but then there was an interview with Oleg and he said that a fully dynamic DM is not possible because it would need all rescources. So how dynamic and how static will it be? One hit and one Hole or just more various dm skins?

stalkervision
06-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Animated pilot within the cockpit for me, so that we can actually see our hands push the throttle and stick, as well as levers and gauges.

That would be excellent.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

Personally I want to see pretty girls on the beach sun-tanning themselves for my low level eye candy.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

asheshouse
06-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Wide plumes of smoke visible in the distance.
Smoke plumes drifting downwind and spreading dependant on prevailing wind direction and strength.
Glow in the sky at night from burning areas.
Ground fires which develop and spread downwind.
Persistent damage which is visible on subsequent missions in campaigns. Suppose that means that the possibility of repairs is required to bridges, rail lines runways etc.
Rail tracks with tunnels so that the train can hide
Sorry - thats more than three.

Xiolablu3
06-30-2007, 01:26 PM
A constant first person view for the pilot owuld be fantastic.

Even to the point of landing after a bail out and being able to run around, pick up a rifle or jump in an AAA gun.

I am not asking for BF1942, but just basic stuff but very detailed.

Maybe just a rifle possibe as a first person weapon, but able to jump in AAA guns until you are killed or refly.

This would add so much top the immersion. See how Halflife and Halflife2 its possible NEVER leave the first person view, no cutscenes or anything. It adds so much to the immersion.

I dont mean take away external views, but just ADD constant first person possibility.

Divine-Wind
06-30-2007, 01:31 PM
I don't want Oleg to add the grounderpounder aspect, that just turns this into a plane-heavy BF1942.

But 1st person view all the way to the ground would be cool. Also all the sound and visual effects that would come with it.

HuninMunin
06-30-2007, 01:38 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

I think the rifle could be a bit much but I think a playable pilot is much more immersive then a flyable plane.
That includes visible hands in the cockpit, first person bail outs and the ability to run around on the ground ( either to look at the fantastic vehicles we have allready seen or to look at my shot up plane after landing/ my all shiny new plane before start.

asheshouse
06-30-2007, 01:40 PM
Fully animated rescue missions, where the seaplane lands alongside the downed pilot and you see the pilot climbing on board.

Even better if you could get to fly the seaplane!

Klemm.co
06-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Divine-Wind:
I don't want Oleg to add the grounderpounder aspect, that just turns this into a plane-heavy BF1942.

But 1st person view all the way to the ground would be cool. Also all the sound and visual effects that would come with it.
Parachutists (bailed out pilots) that waggle in the wind and a realistic descent rate. And also with the possibility to pull the cord manually. Oh, and first-person view the whole time of course. Maybe the possibility to walk around on the ground after landing and defending oneself with a pistol (a rifle would be over the top). Maybe even boarding a vehicle and going back to base. But maybe that would be a bit much http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif
Guess thats more than three. But you cant have one without the other http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Choctaw111
06-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Some of these mentioned before but would be great.

1. A map on your seat. That is the best place in a flight sim for a map (since nothing else is there, like your rear end for instance) that you can look down at whenever you want. This way we will not have that annoying map window in the way when you are trying to look around to find out where you are. I have had this map on your seat idea for a while now and finally posted it in another thread in ORR and found an opportunity to post it here. I think it is a good idea along with the next one.
1a. In addition to the map, I would like to be able to write mission notes and draw waypoints and other things on it to my liking. In general I just want to be able to draw whatever I want on my map. This is the way it was done by pilots back then and I would like to be able to do it in BoB.
2. Each bullet hole modeled. (That technology was available back when B17 II was made. Was that before or after Oleg started making Il2? I cannot remember right now)
3. More highly detailed damage models for ground objects. All we have now is undamaged and completely destroyed. (I do believe that Oleg has stated that both ground and air will get this improved over Il2)

VMF-214_HaVoK
06-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Id like to see a little flame from the exhaust.

Klemm.co
06-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by HuninMunin:

I think the rifle could be a bit much but I think a playable pilot is much more immersive then a flyable plane.
That includes visible hands in the cockpit, first person bail outs and the ability to run around on the ground ( either to look at the fantastic vehicles we have allready seen or to look at my shot up plane after landing/ my all shiny new plane before start.
Animated pilot in the cockpit would be great, because first its much more immersive and the speed of the actions of the pilot could be toned down a bit (no simultanious actions that require all their own time) and you would exactly know what the pilot is doing at the moment. A two-hands-on-stick option would be reasonable to be implemented and with both hands on the stick no other actions could be taken. Would require an option to take one hand to and from the stick but would be much more immersive. There would have to be only one other button one the joystick assinged to it so thats no problem.

Xiolablu3
06-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by HuninMunin:

Its funny but I am not sure I would want hands on the cockpit. I like Il2 how it is now.

I just want the 'entity' that you control to be the pilot in first person and not the plane.

I dont need to see hands/feet etc, but just the first person view.

foxyboy1964
06-30-2007, 01:58 PM
I dont really like the idea of a pilot in the pit. Some of the aircraft have switches/dials that would be hidden from view if there was an arm in the way. The FW190 for example, has a trim gauge that a hand on the throttle would hide. Also, isnt it already possible to put the map on the seat? If you hold both mouse buttons down you can move the map about the screen. I've never tried it but I think its possible.

I love the idea of an exhaust flame.

Just tried the map thing, it doesn't work http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

x6BL_Brando
06-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Flares you can fire, exhaust flames - and those gents with paddles that guide you into a carrier landing.

B

Xiolablu3
06-30-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Choctaw111:
2. Each bullet hole modeled. (That technology was available back when B17 II was made. Was that before or after Oleg started making Il2? I cannot remember right now)

I agree that this would be cool, but I think it would be quite impossible. Imagine flying online in a 1940 map. All the RAF planes firing 8x.303 at god knows how many rounds a second.

Imagine how many bullet holes the server and your computer would have to keep track of.

Right now there are a few damage possibilites. Maybe 10 different versions of each 'component' such as a wing. A plane comes into 'range' and the comptuter is told 'This plane has damge model 'X' on its wing.

Imagine having unlimited possibilities and each time a plane comes into range, your computer has to read back where each and every .303 hole out of say 300-500 hits is on the plane.

I am not saying its impossible for a modern game to remember where 8000 bullets which have been fired so far in the game have hit whilst also controlling the rest of the game. However it would sure take some seriously good programming.

Wouldnt the sheer amount of resources needed to do this be better spent elsewhere? I am not saying it would, I am just asking http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

FI-Skipper
06-30-2007, 02:03 PM
The ability to try to evade capture if you were shot down over enemy lines. To be honest i'm not sure if or how this could be down without making the game to arcadish but it would be nice to try to break out of a POW camp and ride round on a motorbike http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .....ok maybe a bit too far http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Mysticpuma2003
06-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Along with Bomb Camera, after thinking about it, it may be cool to also have a rocket camera, so that you can follow missiles fired from underwing, right to the ground.

Probably best to only implement it on track playback, but would be quite cool I think.

After reading others views, an actual scramble sequence would be nice. First person in hut, bell rings, and then you race with the others to your plane, and then get the startup sequence.

Agree with more animation for ground damage models instead of the single frame from moving to destroyed, give us a bit more immersion.

As an addition to the pilot in the cockpit model, this has options for immersion too.

How about a pilot damage model where a bullet can hit an arm or leg. You're flying along thinking that the rudder has been damaged, but you look down and see blood on your leg. You now realise that tghe rudder is fine, it's just that your leg is damaged. Same could apply for arms.

I really would like to see a better animation for pilot bailing, and as has been said, first person as you climb onto the wing and tumble (I'm sure EAW did this), would be excellent!

Night-fighter missions would be interesting too with missions requiring you to look out for exhaust flames (good idea on exhaust flames), could be cool.

Keep them coming, BTW, like the idea of the ground smoke and raging fires...nice!

JadehawkII
06-30-2007, 02:54 PM
I would like control over the pilot getting in and out of the plane when on the ground. I would love to have some screenshots of him (or her for that matter!...think Russian)climbing in or out or posing him next to the plane.

Even some ground crew present for static airplanes working on them doing the usual maintainance or acting like it.

I also would like to see Farmers on tractors working their fields....again even if they are static objects. Would help make excellent screenshots!

zardozid
06-30-2007, 03:36 PM
lets see...

1) I would like to see the clouds swirl behind an airplane (2 gentile inwards swirls off the wing tips) as it flys threw.

2) Active and dynamic ground activity (people/animals/vehicles that respond to whats happening)adding to "ground pounding" immersion.

3) Flocks of birds...(very dangerous, and beautiful)

4) Smoke/bomb explosions that responds to the weather/environment/target. (explosions on a fuel dump look different then an open field or building or concrete. (cool to see the windows blow out of a building explosion or watch the birds fly away from the noise).

5) I would love to see a pilot give me the finger from his burning plane (or parachute)

6) dynamic ground destruction...(if their is an explosion on the left side of a building the damage is on the left side of the building)

8) Wouldn't it be cool to blow up a dam and flood a valley? (think of the ground activity, people running,water flooding,trees uprooted,ect)

9) Have you ever seen a sky (sunset maybe) that looks fluid? It swirls and flows and has depth...BEAUTIFUL!

10) A city on fire at night (reacts to the weather and the type of bombs/targets)

I could go on and on, but I will leave some for the others... lol! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

SaQSoN
06-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Mysticpuma2003:

1) A proper pilot animation for when he bails out,

2) Engine oil slowly covering the plane and windshield over time, after an engine hit or failure.

3) A bomb-bay door camera view, like old movie footage as the payload drops, and continuing with that theme, also being able to track the bomb down to the target.

I'd expect to see all three features.
Not everything exactly, as described, may be, but still... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ploughman
06-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Such a tease. http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

LStarosta
06-30-2007, 04:16 PM
Nekkid leddies

Pigeon_
06-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by LStarosta:
Nekkid leddies

I was just about to say that! LOL

Great minds think alike eh? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Choctaw111
06-30-2007, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by SaQSoN:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mysticpuma2003:

This has already been shown in the Bonus CD that came with 1946. I guess it is something along the lines of a "dynamic skin" that will "age" over time. Unfortunately it showed this happening to the Su26 stunt plane. I would rather have seen it shown on one of the warbirds but I guess that this dynamic skin applies to all AC as stated in the video.

polak5
06-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Mysticpuma2003:
I'm interested to see what others think on this subject, and hoping that we can keep it on-topic, so although listing ladies would be humerous, can we please stay with the game graphics?

So, here are mine:

1) A proper pilot animation for when he bails out, so that he doesn't just appear 'through' the plane. So you hit the bail button, and the plane goes to a behind the cockpit view. Your pilot slides the canopy/pops the canopy and then you see him climb out/fall out. I think that this would add to the immersion a lot.

Check out this page:

http://www.gmxmedia.net/dday/downloads/downloads1.shtml

Download Movie 2 and watch it at 2min 05 seconds....very nice.

Ok, that's my starter, other thoughts?

Cheers, MP.

I read somewhere in the forums that #2 will be implemented in BOB.

tagTaken2
06-30-2007, 09:06 PM
This sort of thread makes me a little nauseous, and hope that Oleg etc don't bother to read the boards anymore.

You do realise that 1C:Maddox is a small team, and that SoW is unlikely to sell a million copies?

I'm not saying that there aren't one or two good suggestions- I'd like to be jolted out of sleep by a bell, and run to my plane to scramble- but please don't try and make this a better version of a game you once liked.

Does caffeinated soap appeal to anyone here?

slappedsilly
06-30-2007, 09:15 PM
I want the pilot to slap out the flames on his shirt sleave as he bails his flaming wreck. And give the appropriate cultural gesture to convey his true feeling about the situation. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mbfRoy
06-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Rewind button for track playback. I'm not sure whether it's cake to do it or a nightmare, but it'd be nice to have it.

Skoshi Tiger
06-30-2007, 10:38 PM
How about highly detailed targetable models of the pubs surrounding each of the Airfields. Complete with off duty RAF Pilots. It would give those Jerries something to strafe on the way home after a mission!

"Oh My God! They got the Rose and Crown!, We'll make the Hun pay for this!!!!!!"

rr9
06-30-2007, 11:32 PM
-new damage modeling feature for some planes: when enough damage (to the hydraulics system?), landing gear goes to landing position. You can't raise it after this. Slows plane down.

-static cameras that would first point at some mission designer settable direction when you switch to that camera and later to the direction that was used when you switched away (CTRL-F2) from that camera.
These would be an improvement to current system for example when you want to show some target area. It could be also useful if some cameras were locked - their position, viewpoint or zooming couldn't be changed when a mission is being played.

-they plan to have human player mannable AA guns. It would be nice if one could also temporarily switch to ground controller position and control some things like: flares when scramble or when plane shouldn't land, air field lights on/off, when a plane can land (would get those planes down much faster)

Feathered_IV
07-01-2007, 12:03 AM
In multi-player, I want to be able to look across at the team mate I'm flying next to and SEE the pilot figure looking around exactly where the real player is actually looking at that time. If he leans forwards or back, I want to see that too.

And OT though it is, I also want to be able to create save points while flying offline missions.

Skoshi Tiger
07-01-2007, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
In multi-player, I want to be able to look across at the team mate I'm flying next to and SEE the pilot figure looking around exactly where the real player is actually looking at that time. If he leans forwards or back, I want to see that too.

And OT though it is, I also want to be able to create save points while flying offline missions.

So when your using your TrackIR the pilots head looks around??

MrMojok
07-01-2007, 12:25 AM
I want to see smoke bilowing from the exhaust stacks, when a pilot pushes the throttle to the stops.

Feathered_IV
07-01-2007, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by Skoshi Tiger:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Feathered_IV:

So when your using your TrackIR the pilots head looks around?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. And all the minor posture adjustments to reflect 6DoF should be there too. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

WTE_Ibis
07-01-2007, 03:06 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Feathered_IV:
===================================

Yes I have thought that for some time, a thumbs up would be cool as well.

Bugger I smell smoke and it's getting hot in here I'm gonna have to bale.

sorry.

trumper
07-01-2007, 04:00 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gifI know the thread is about eye candy but you "see" so much with sound.Look at the films that are made with F/B ,the added authentic sounds are much better than the ingame sounds.
Sounds and more sounds,REALISTIC ENGINE SOUNDS+
1,Standing next to your aircraft you can hear the wind blowing through the trees,
2,Still on the airfield,you can hear the engines being tested and run up shut down prior to a days fighting in the distance.
3,Ground crew chatting,spanners and tool kits clanging,tractors and lorries moving away.
4,Doors shutting
5,Bird song at dawn in the mist and dew
6,Sea noises and seagulls squawking,BoB11 has it so should this.

Blood_Splat
07-01-2007, 07:27 AM
In offline I want to be able to sneak up on AI without him automatically breaking left or right.

Matz0r
07-01-2007, 07:44 AM
After successful bailout you get a flame thrower, a rocket launcher and a sniper rifle http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

Bartsimpson-
07-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by F16_Matz_:
After successful bailout you get a flame thrower, a rocket launcher and a sniper rifle http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

What!! no grenades!! ? .

Bartman .

FlatSpinMan
07-01-2007, 08:10 AM
I'd like reflection from metallic/shiny surfaces such as the rooves of houses as I fly above them. This would make ground attack a little easier and improve navigating possibilities, too. Actually, recognisable landmarks that are visible in the distance would be good, essential really.

Haigotron
07-01-2007, 08:21 AM
I didnt go through the whole thread, but if not mentioned - I would like to have point number 1) in first person, where you would see the canopy blowing open, and the camera rising, then being blow back out of the plane, and free fall until the chute opens, when the players watches himself slowly moving down, until he pushes the refly button.

If he bails from a very low altitude before opening chute, the screen can turn black (like for PK) when player hits the ground

Aaron_GT
07-01-2007, 08:35 AM
1. The ability to lean, especially when looking behind. Maybe this is 'view candy' rather than 'eye candy' but we need it!
2. Better contrast effects to make dusk and night flying more realistic. Also to include night adaptive effects and the destruction of it by gun flashes, flares, etc.
3. Improvements in the ability to see aircraft in the distance that match real world experience

asheshouse
07-01-2007, 08:42 AM
This is not eye candy but ---

The ability to change planes in mid-mission,
especially to be able to swap planes when shot down with out restarting.

Also ability to fly AI planes -- at least from external view.

Ok -- not very immersive but what the heck, I do this for fun.

woofiedog
07-01-2007, 10:14 AM
VMF-214_HaVoK... It would be an excellent addition to SOW/BoB to have exhaust flames coming fom the manifolds!

A screen shot from CFS2... showing exhaust flames. Looks better during the game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/woofiedog/ScreenShot148.jpg

Warrington_Wolf
07-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Xiolablu3:
A constant first person view for the pilot owuld be fantastic.

Even to the point of landing after a bail out and being able to run around, pick up a rifle or jump in an AAA gun.

I am not asking for BF1942, but just basic stuff but very detailed.

Maybe just a rifle possibe as a first person weapon, but able to jump in AAA guns until you are killed or refly.

This would add so much top the immersion. See how Halflife and Halflife2 its possible NEVER leave the first person view, no cutscenes or anything. It adds so much to the immersion.

I dont mean take away external views, but just ADD constant first person possibility. I too would love a constant 1st person view, even when bailing out. It would be cool to watch the fight still going on whilst you are in your parachute.
I don't think that you should be able to run around and pick up guns or work AAA batteries after you land, it is a flight sim not a "behind enemy lines" sim. What they should have is cutscenes that let you know what happened after you land, for example if you are flying as a RAF pilot and you bail out over Britain, you are picked up by the Home Guard and driven away (or rushed to hospital if you are injured). You could even have scenes like the ones in the film Battle of Britain where the pilot lands in someones garden and the kid fetches out the cigarettes, that would add to the "real world" feel.
You could have a similar cutscene where you land in enemy territory and you are marched off by "the goons" (it would be cool if The Great Escape tune started playing just as you are being carted off).

major_setback
07-01-2007, 10:54 AM
I would like:
1....Clouds: clouds with silver linings/ darker storm clouds / distinct edges to the white clouds on a nice day.

2....Any small finely detailed realistic looking village will make me happy.

3....Lighting effects to show bumps and buckles in the plane's metal skin.

I don't wan't in-cockpit flames, but they would add to the fear and drama. I suppose there will be blood too http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif.

Airmail109
07-01-2007, 11:00 AM
REALLY dramatic in cockpit damage, so like instead of a few wholes when your cockpit gets riddled...I'd like to see Shattered glass flying everywhere, bullets zipping around, better animation, shrapnel flying about, better bullet strike noises, instruments blowing out with more force, dynamic cockpit damage so if you get hit by 50 odd .303s in the cockpit, the whole thing gets torn to shreds.

slipBall
07-01-2007, 11:21 AM
1. aircraft that reflect light, and so easy to see as rl
2. a binocular view say 20m, would be great on land or in the air
3. able to set moon phase, moonless nights should be black as coal

polak5
07-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by slipBall:

3. able to set moon phase, moonless nights should be black as coal

I like the way u think http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

TheGozr
07-01-2007, 11:32 AM
I want nice clouds with 5 minimum layers and turbulences cold and heat and mass air designed.

Alloy007P
07-01-2007, 11:49 AM

I highly disagree with save points. Its to tempting to save your mission every 5 seconds so thet if you get shot down, just countinue from where you started.

BrotherVoodoo
07-01-2007, 12:21 PM
Animated pilot within the cockpit for me, so that we can actually see our hands push the throttle and stick, as well as levers and gauges. It'd probably make movies a bit more interesting too.... (hint Mystic?)

In addition let other players see your head turn like in LOMAC. It is so cool with TiR to look over and see your wingman looking at you!

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-01-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by tagTaken2:
This sort of thread makes me a little nauseous, and hope that Oleg etc don't bother to read the boards anymore.

You do realise that 1C:Maddox is a small team, and that SoW is unlikely to sell a million copies?

I'm not saying that there aren't one or two good suggestions- I'd like to be jolted out of sleep by a bell, and run to my plane to scramble- but please don't try and make this a better version of a game you once liked.

What is the problem? Nobody is whining and shouting. This is nothing but a wishlist of minor things.

The dev team is not that small and SoW will easily sell over a million copies. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

BTW its going to better, much better in every way as Oleg has made the same statement. The game we love so much now is running on a 7 year old engine bud. Many of the suggestions here will come true in SoW...be sure.

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-01-2007, 12:35 PM
In addition let other players see your head turn like in LOMAC. It is so cool with TiR to look over and see your wingman looking at you!

This would be great. Very simple little gesture that would add so much to the scissor dogfight.

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by woofiedog:
VMF-214_HaVoK... It would be an excellent addition to SOW/BoB to have exhaust flames coming fom the manifolds!

A screen shot from CFS2... showing exhaust flames. Looks better during the game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/woofiedog/ScreenShot148.jpg

Ah yes, I see can it now during engine start up at sunrise. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

woofiedog
07-01-2007, 03:01 PM
One more screen shot from CFS2... during a early dawn mission.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v438/woofiedog/ScreenShot160.jpg

Mechant_Schmidt
07-01-2007, 04:36 PM
1. crew bailing out realistically would be adefinite improvment. Like thos tank crew in Theater of War:

http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/09/00/89/43/10111.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=121&u=10008943)

http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/09/00/89/43/tow1ts12.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=122&u=10008943)

2. Damage to plane being progressive (as with pilot's being increasigly incapacitated by fire).

3. Civilian activity on ground. To force you identifying before unloading ordnances.

zardozid
07-01-2007, 05:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by tagTaken2:

What is the problem? Nobody is whining and shouting. This is nothing but a wishlist of minor things.

I too thought the point of this thread was to have fun... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

quote:
Originally posted by F16_Matz_:
After successful bailout you get a flame thrower, a rocket launcher and a sniper rifle Winky

What!! no grenades!! ? .

on the lighter side of things.... The immersion factor/importants always ended for me after my fighter was toast (maybe this would help?). lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

orkan_3d
07-01-2007, 05:35 PM
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by rr9:
new damage modeling feature for some planes: when enough damage (to the hydraulics system?), landing gear goes to landing position. You can't raise it after this. Slows plane down.

Landing gears hanging from the wing, and posibly not locked, so you have more trouble on lending, GREAT IDEA!

And moving pilots heads, not only online, but offline too, for example when flying in formation, when you look towards your wingman, he looks at you too, and doing some kind of gestures, not just thumbs up, but also some warning signs, like, your lending gear is not locked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also, possibility to walk around the plane after mission, no need for any animation, just to be able to have more freedom in looking around for damage.

Flames from exhausts, specially at night, A MUST.

And, something I believe is on Olegs list, cast shadows, I can not imagine a modern game without them.

Lurch1962
07-01-2007, 07:56 PM
- Ability to position cameras on moving ground/water vehicles (carriers especially). Nice for making movies!

- Rivers which are realistically narrow, *especially* near their headwaters.

- Realistic horizon distance. What I mean is to not artificially impose a limit via a "fake haze wall" (this is so ugly when seen from high alts).

Just a few!

--Lurch--

R_Target
07-01-2007, 08:02 PM
Dimmable gunsights. Exhaust flames.

Feathered_IV
07-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Alloy007P:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

I highly disagree with save points. Its to tempting to save your mission every 5 seconds so thet if you get shot down, just countinue from where you started. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I respect your opinion. I suspect that would probably be up to the individual though. I'm sure very few of us will ever have the lifestyle to allow us to experience a seven hour flight in one sitting. It is a shame to miss out on stuff like that.

A nice side effect of having in-game saves would be that you could share your own ones with other players. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

slo_1_2_3
07-02-2007, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
Id like to see a little flame from the exhaust. ME to

Jaste07
07-02-2007, 07:09 AM
If not dynamic bullet hole damage to the whole plane, then at least dynamic bullet damage to the cockpit. Ie. Bullets break holes in the glass relative to where they actually hit, cannons can blow chunks off of the door.

The ability to move on the ground after getting out of the plane. Not turn it into a bf1942 fps type thing, just the ability to climb out and walk around/run to your plane during a scramble.

Also, so you are able to get killed/injured during bail out if you get hit by the plane/realistic bailing animations.

A Ben Affleck pilot skin...

orkan_3d
07-02-2007, 04:49 PM
A Ben Affleck pilot skin...

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Oooh, NO!

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Alloy007P:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

I highly disagree with save points. Its to tempting to save your mission every 5 seconds so thet if you get shot down, just countinue from where you started. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will all due respect everyone should be able to play the game as they see fit. If that means playing on the easiest setting and saving every 2 mins then so be it. The customer should have this choice, after all its suppose to be a pleasurable experience. Just like you have the choice not to save and continue where you started. I dont fly offline but I respect those who do enough not to try and change how they play the game and decrease their fun factor.

S!

TAW_Oilburner
07-02-2007, 08:56 PM

This happens in lock-on..it's quite cool.

All I really want is good authentic (like you are there) sounds.

Feathered_IV
07-03-2007, 04:19 AM
I'd like windsocks too. And livestock in the fields. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/halo.gif

WOLFMondo
07-03-2007, 04:35 AM
Cups of tea and scones with jam and butter in the ready room.

An interactive pub selling stout and bitter with buxom bar maids.

Customisable squadron dog mascot with a good DM.

Xiolablu3
07-03-2007, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alloy007P:

Will all due respect everyone should be able to play the game as they see fit. If that means playing on the easiest setting and saving every 2 mins then so be it. The customer should have this choice, after all its suppose to be a pleasurable experience. Just like you have the choice not to save and continue where you started. I dont fly offline but I respect those who do enough not to try and change how they play the game and decrease their fun factor.

S! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post of the week

Zoom2136
07-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by JG4_Helofly:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Single bullet damage modeling (each bullet makes its own hole, specific damage, etc..)

Good idea. Does somebody know how dynamic the new DM will be? Once I read that the DM would be like PBNA said, but then there was an interview with Oleg and he said that a fully dynamic DM is not possible because it would need all rescources. So how dynamic and how static will it be? One hit and one Hole or just more various dm skins? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oleg said damage would be dynamic... i.e. bullet damage... what will be static is plane break up point... i.e. wing falling off...

carguy_
07-03-2007, 12:27 PM
1st and foremost - realistic viewing system up to 7km - IMO this is IL2`s biggest flaw of all.

Some Polish/Russian/American/German/British hottie`s picture I just met last week on my dashboard.

More detailed pilot skin with basic animation.

Incockpit view damage with smoke and fire.

Skin damage modelling for every bullet.

Revi insane detail modelling.

Better graphical modelling of aircraft guns.

SeaFireLIV
07-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Only 3?

Sigh... I would love to see more ground stuff going on.

1. Ground crew when taking off and landing. It would be great to see them around your plane a bit like in the Grand Prix sims you get before and after take off. It can`t be that hard to do.

2. Better explosion smoke effects. Always annoys me how smoke from destroyed stuff never go very high or look like much. I`d really like billowing smoke that rose to thousands of feet and still aloowed smooth gameplay.

3. Internal cockpit damage. Animated smoke and oil effects...

and one more.. please. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

4. Seeing the vibration on your aircraft`s wing as you stress it under heavy gs or on stalling manouevers and actually bits of ripped metal flapping as you fly..

Urufu_Shinjiro
07-03-2007, 12:47 PM
I don't care what else there is as long as we have the option to turn the visability distance up and down to suit our rigs, a few years down the road if my rig is getting 150fps I want to be able to crank the view distance to all the way up and see smoke or buildings and stuff as far as the human eye could see. Our rigs now couls handle a much farther view distance than is allowed in il2 but it was not programmed to scale that far.

Endy1
07-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Hi,
My main wants would be ---- Real engine sounds.
I know that's nothing to do with eye candy, but it would add greatly to the immersion.

Visually,--- better smoke, spreading and going higher.

Those two things would make all the difference to me.

TheGozr
07-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Urufu_Shinjiro
Soooooooooooooo true.. something lockon like as well on settings.

Mysticpuma2003
07-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Actually I think I'll have to say what 3-per-post!

So here are another 3.

1) What about Infantry that runs across the battlefield below as you strafe.

2) Smoke that reaches altitude (as others have mentioned) and then spreads out, also including drifting smoke over the battlefield.

3) Customiseable picture of sweetheart in cockpit.

Cheers, MP.

orkan_3d
07-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Did any of you guys noticed SaQSoN`s post on SimHQ forum:

Quote:
You don't need the detailed ground objects?

Ok, let's see. After having a furios combat, you land at your airfield and taxi to your parking place to see the ground crew running with ammo belts and driving a fuel truck to refuel your aircraft for the next sortie.

While you're sitting in the cockpit, you see your buddy from another flight trying to land his damaged Spit, but fails. Debris fly trough the firelball and a firetruck, accompanied by an ambulance rushes to the crash site.

In the meantime, an evil 110 takes advantage of the mess on your airfield (another your friend, who is manning the 40-mm AA, also stares at the crash) dives towards your refueling site just to see the little men on the ground jumping out of the vehicles and running at all sides seconds before your Spit and a few surrounding trucks turn itno yet another fireball... \:\)

So, during that absolutely ordinary DF mission in SoW:BoB (described above), would you like to see a blocky IL-2 vehicles and charecters with blurred textures, or you would prefer a "cinematographic" picture quality?

I'd go for the second.

PS. For a change, how about London trip in your British roadster car? Or do you prefer some Panzers for that? ;\)

Best regards,

SaQSoN (Vladimir Kochmarsky)

Original tread:

http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&...49263&page=2&fpart=1 (http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2249263&page=2&fpart=1)

Jaws2002
07-03-2007, 08:31 PM
This is the eye candy I would like to see in BOB_SOW. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

http://my.playfuls.com/gamebabes/content/gamebabes/game_2206/gb_3332.jpg

SeaFireLIV
07-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Actually that girls head is physically too far over her shoulder! eek!

1. Aye, the ability to put custom pin ups in the cockpit would be great.

2. Running to aircraft on ground at mission start (in an emergency) would be good.

3. Seeing actual pilot animation in cockpit of wingman (including hand comms) would be good too.

asheshouse
07-04-2007, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Jaws2002:
This is the eye candy I would like to see in BOB_SOW. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

http://my.playfuls.com/gamebabes/content/gamebabes/game_2206/gb_3332.jpg

No this is all wrong. The rivets are not emphasised enough.

Chivas
07-04-2007, 10:33 AM
Active airfields including ground crew.

Smoke effects seen from great distances

Much improved terrain graphics, eg river banks, cliffs, curved roads, trees, hedgesrows etc

Triggers, eg if on a free flight over the channel nearest enemy aircraft will be vectored/scrambled to intercept.

All of these I believe we will see in the SOW series