PDA

View Full Version : So which are the "must have" mods?

Phil_C
10-20-2008, 03:40 PM
I have been reading and looking at screens involving the mods... i know a must have is the sound mod- but what are some of the other "must haves" that i should look at downloading..

Does anyone have any advice? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif I appreciate the help

Urufu_Shinjiro
10-20-2008, 03:47 PM
AAA Unified Installer is the first and foremost. After that I say the 6DoF mod if you have trackIR, then Buffy's Flak mod, after that it's up to you and personal taste.

Chris0382
10-20-2008, 05:55 PM
MINI-map zoom in-out

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Be sure to grab all the cockpit repaints as well.

Phil_C
10-20-2008, 07:34 PM
other than the all aircraft site- is there anywhere else to get the mods?

GBrutus
10-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Phil_C:

I would stay clear of mods from any other site.

fabianfred
10-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by GBrutus:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil_C:

I would stay clear of mods from any other site. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they might not be compatible you see http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

there are many new maps...depends upon which theatres you like...

new Objects and buildings are good if you are a mission builder, and the FMB+.... or the QMB+ if you are not...

also many small but nice effects mods...... smoke trails from dmaged a/c and fuel leaks; smoke from crashed planes (instead of the black finger of death); smoke/explosions from static a/c; wiggly cannon trails; fire/smoke from buildings and objects destroyed; better train smoke; fire and smoke from small AAA guns on ships which can be destroyed by cannon/rocket/MG/bomb/torpedo near hits; longer lasting sinking times for ships; new AA explosions and sounds; etc.

and new hanger packs and ship packs too...and more little men and at different heights too

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Phil_C:

Nowhere that is accepted by the majority of the community.

S!

Buzzsaw-
10-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Salute

I would suggest just getting the AAA Unified Installer.

It has all the best mods, and it is an easy single install, no fuss, no muss.

If you start messing around with mods from different sites, you will get a messed up install, with some not working, since some will conflict, and cancel each other if you install them on top of each other. The Unified Installer has been designed so that none of the mods which come with it conflict, and all work properly.

In the past, before there was a unified installer, when you were forced to install a whole series of unconnected mods, it often required a lot of manual text examination, and editing to make sure the mods didn't conflict.

Unless you want to spend a lot of time doing that, and you know what you are doing, I wouldn't bother.

Besides, in the future some mod servers may require the Unified Installer and nothing else for you to join them. They will have protection enabled which will block people with odd installations which don't match the server copy.