PDA

View Full Version : Mustang 3 or p-51 trim and convergence advice

blackpulpit1970
11-08-2005, 11:26 AM
When you trim the plane for rudder and aieleron trim ho many clicks to the left and right do you use for good centering and straight flyin. I remember on an old thread about somewere between 11 clicks right rudder and 2 clicks left aieleron to center her. Does anyone know what is the best solution and also what do you use for convergence on these planes, my guess is that it would depend on the type of shots you take(close deflection or distance shots,etc) any advice for these 2 planes. Thanks all

blackpulpit1970
11-08-2005, 11:26 AM
When you trim the plane for rudder and aieleron trim ho many clicks to the left and right do you use for good centering and straight flyin. I remember on an old thread about somewere between 11 clicks right rudder and 2 clicks left aieleron to center her. Does anyone know what is the best solution and also what do you use for convergence on these planes, my guess is that it would depend on the type of shots you take(close deflection or distance shots,etc) any advice for these 2 planes. Thanks all

tomtheyak
11-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Hi pulpit -

I generally go only 5-6 clicks right rudder and leave it there, and 2-3 aileron if required. Its a good setting for dogfighting speeds, but you'll need to compensate for the BnZ fight - at high speeds you'll really need more left inputs! Trim in a -51 is an art form, and one I still havent quite nailed myself yet so, try out a few ideas and see what works best for you.