PDA

View Full Version : You know the migs are the biggest enigma in this game.

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 11:43 AM
When I look at one the first things I think of is sheesh look at that plane. Simply beatiful. The ferrari of the skys! A plane that was really meant to race around up there.

But when I fly one it reminds me of a Delorian or a Pinto. Weak guns. Doesn't handle well, Stalls. Pulls apart rather easily. And has a glass jaw.

It's possibly the worst fighter in the game. But I still keep it in the bullpen when I play. Must be the lines.

What a pretty plane. I guess I'm getting sucked in just as bad as whoever looked at it irl and said o my! Of course this one gets the production go ahead.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 11:43 AM
When I look at one the first things I think of is sheesh look at that plane. Simply beatiful. The ferrari of the skys! A plane that was really meant to race around up there.

But when I fly one it reminds me of a Delorian or a Pinto. Weak guns. Doesn't handle well, Stalls. Pulls apart rather easily. And has a glass jaw.

It's possibly the worst fighter in the game. But I still keep it in the bullpen when I play. Must be the lines.

What a pretty plane. I guess I'm getting sucked in just as bad as whoever looked at it irl and said o my! Of course this one gets the production go ahead.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 11:52 AM
LOL 3U & shavak Are sweet

<center><FONT COLOR="white">ӚFJ-M œ R D ˜ ӡ[/i]</font>

<center> http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_109_1059752328.jpg </center>

<center><FONT COLOR="white">The "Ace Edge"(c).
With my incremental trim
I am actually able to turn so quickly that, I never turn at all.
In Fact the Planet Earth rotates around the Axis of My PC, thus giving me the optimum turn rate and insuring that you
the bandit are promptly fraged !!!
In memory Of Ray R.I.P.[/i]</font>

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 11:54 AM
I didn' try much after the patch but the last weeks before the patch I got some favour with the MiG-3U. Fast, agile, pretty manouverable at 320-400kph.

Stick forces get too high at higher speeds but otherwise its a pertty good dogfighter unless u got someone shooting at you. It really gets destroyed VERY easily so watch your back. Otherwise you could easily hunt and down BF109Gs.

And btw - didn't try after on 1.1 - but did you notice the Migs high alt performance? 14000 meters no prob ad you'll outfly ANY other aircraft (except the BI-1) at above 8000m without any problems. (think this was a messed up FM)

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 12:18 PM
Mig 3us eh? Thats the one that rocks back and forth in regular flight? The last one in the series in game? The guy sporting only two 20mm cannons?

I don't see it. Nor do I see others flying it.

Beatiful plane though. Though I must admit the earlier ones look a whole lot better. They're a bit chunkier but somehow it suits them.

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 12:50 PM
the mig3u is still great and seems unchanged, ugliest fighter but great to fly

its movement needs to be dulled down just like the 190s now.

the movement of these planes online now is pretty ridiculous and looks so fake when on ones 6,

If they correct the problem with them, all the fms are pretty much perfect.

I havent seen many good mig3u skins either would like to see snorri or hammerd do some, maybe more people will fly them

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4jz7i/ls.gif

Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 03:13 PM
The MiG was designed to fly up high. Soviet battle doctrine forced the airwar down to the weeds, where the MiG just isn't in its element. I agree it's a nice looking thing, though.

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 03:59 PM
LeadSpitter_ wrote:
- the mig3u is still great and seems unchanged,
- ugliest fighter but great to fly
-

It has changed its dive speed is not as fast as before the patch

Pre patch Dive was near 820 or so now its closer to 720 or 750

I was a big fan when it had that awsome dive speed http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Still a fan tho

<center><FONT COLOR="white">ӚFJ-M œ R D ˜ ӡ[/i]</font>

<center> http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_109_1059752328.jpg </center>

<center><FONT COLOR="white">The "Ace Edge"(c).
With my incremental trim
I am actually able to turn so quickly that, I never turn at all.
In Fact the Planet Earth rotates around the Axis of My PC, thus giving me the optimum turn rate and insuring that you
the bandit are promptly fraged !!!
In memory Of Ray R.I.P.[/i]</font>

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 06:24 PM
That's funny because I always thought it was about 200 different types of ugly. Besides the graphics for it are unusually poor quality compared to most planes. Like it has a lower poly count than normal, really crude looking if you zoom close to it using an external view!!

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755