PDA

View Full Version : Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII

Texas LongHorn
08-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Fellow flight sim lunatics, I saw some screen shots of this sim on IGN. It's a UBI product and appears to use the IL2 engine. At least in the respect the buildings, terrain etc all look right out of IL2. Has anyone here played this? Is it a sim or stratagy game? I didn't seem to be able to find much info on the beast. Thanks in advance, all the best, LongHorn

Kaiser_W
08-26-2006, 05:23 PM
This game is completely different fomr IL-2 and PF. For one, you start over the battle area, there are objectives to each level and the control interface is completely different. You fly with the mouse, basically. It's a fun game, but it's more of an arcade game than the flight sim we're used to.

VW-IceFire
08-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Its an arcade flight game. Its not a serious simulator.

Its more in the Crimson Skies type of genre. Lots of fun and easy to pick up.

Platypus_1.JaVA
08-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Texas LongHorn:
Fellow flight sim lunatics, I saw some screen shots of this sim on IGN. It's a UBI product and appears to use the IL2 engine. At least in the respect the buildings, terrain etc all look right out of IL2. Has anyone here played this? Is it a sim or stratagy game? I didn't seem to be able to find much info on the beast. Thanks in advance, all the best, LongHorn

Uhhmmm, you sure it looks like Il-2?

TSmoke
08-27-2006, 05:20 PM
LOL Blazing Angels oh my!!

Its a peice of garbage. Download the demo then decide if you want to spend your money.

Bet you 10 mins of it will be enough for you to decide.

VF2_Sarge
08-27-2006, 06:35 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif
Its not a serious simulator.

Dude, that's seriously funny.