PDA

View Full Version : LONG RANGE WEAPONS(SPEARS)

JAKUB.K96
04-16-2011, 05:30 PM
I AM A BIG FAN OF LONG RANGE WEAPONS LIKE HALEBARD OR SPEAR.I WOULD LIKE UBISOFT TO ALLOW CARRYING A LONG RANGE WEAPON IN SOME KIND OF BELT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT SO EVERY TIME I WANNA USE A LONG RANGE WEAPON I DONT HAVE TO KILL A SEAKER AND STEAL HIS WEAPON, AND IF ILL THRY TO RUN I'M DROPPING IT.I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.I WANT TO CARRY A WEAPON LIKE THAT WITH ME ALL THE TIME IN A SLOT ON MY BACK OR SOMETHING.I WANNA KNOW HOW MANY OR YOU PEOPLE THINK THESAME.

JAKUB.K96
04-16-2011, 05:30 PM
I AM A BIG FAN OF LONG RANGE WEAPONS LIKE HALEBARD OR SPEAR.I WOULD LIKE UBISOFT TO ALLOW CARRYING A LONG RANGE WEAPON IN SOME KIND OF BELT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT SO EVERY TIME I WANNA USE A LONG RANGE WEAPON I DONT HAVE TO KILL A SEAKER AND STEAL HIS WEAPON, AND IF ILL THRY TO RUN I'M DROPPING IT.I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.I WANT TO CARRY A WEAPON LIKE THAT WITH ME ALL THE TIME IN A SLOT ON MY BACK OR SOMETHING.I WANNA KNOW HOW MANY OR YOU PEOPLE THINK THESAME.

lilbacchant
04-16-2011, 05:57 PM
You forgot the third choice:

Most of us don't pay any attention to posters who SHOUT all of the time.

monkeyuncle8
04-16-2011, 06:47 PM
srry I cant read capslock

GunnarGunderson
04-16-2011, 07:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JAKUB.K96:
I AM A BIG FAN OF LONG RANGE WEAPONS LIKE HALEBARD OR SPEAR.I WOULD LIKE UBISOFT TO ALLOW CARRYING A LONG RANGE WEAPON IN SOME KIND OF BELT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT SO EVERY TIME I WANNA USE A LONG RANGE WEAPON I DONT HAVE TO KILL A SEAKER AND STEAL HIS WEAPON, AND IF ILL THRY TO RUN I'M DROPPING IT.I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.I WANT TO CARRY A WEAPON LIKE THAT WITH ME ALL THE TIME IN A SLOT ON MY BACK OR SOMETHING.I WANNA KNOW HOW MANY OR YOU PEOPLE THINK THESAME. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> doing parkour with a pole arm isn't very practical (or realistic) same goes for huge heavy claymores or axes

Xanatos2007
04-16-2011, 08:02 PM
yEAH, MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS BROKEN TOO.

Rawbbeh
04-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Due to it being all in caps, I didn't read it, but I'm assuming this person wants to "improve" online with Spears and what-not?.. No. Wouldn't work at all. You want to use a Claymore? Pick the Knight Persona. He's pretty much got one as is. Besides you can't pick your weapons.

Blind2Society
04-16-2011, 10:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rawbbeh:
Due to it being all in caps, I didn't read it, but I'm assuming this person wants to "improve" online with Spears and what-not?.. No. Wouldn't work at all. You want to use a Claymore? Pick the Knight Persona. He's pretty much got one as is. Besides you can't pick your weapons. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I see why you didn't read it, however, that is not what he is saying.

I completely agree. The spear is quite possibly my favorite weapon. It could be strapped across Ezio's back while free running.

Xanatos2007
04-16-2011, 10:38 PM
How would he roll then? I think it's hard enough to roll with a crossbow strapped to your back without breaking it (or your spine). And have you ever tried rolling with a sword & large dagger at your hip? Hurts like heck if you do it incorrectly, and would hurt even more without a sheath.

Ureh
04-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Yeah I agree with the op. I want to be able to carry long weapons anywhere. I was thinking the Assassins can give the spears collapsible technolgy just like they did with the hidden blades. That way we can stash it away into a more compact form after a fight.

Blind2Society
04-16-2011, 10:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
How would he roll then? I think it's hard enough to roll with a crossbow strapped to your back without breaking it (or your spine). And have you ever tried rolling with a sword & large dagger at your hip? Hurts like heck if you do it incorrectly, and would hurt even more without a sheath. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really didn't think about that to be honest and I see what you mean. However, it is a video game.

By the way... how much rolling with swords and daggers on your hip do you do on a daily basis? Just the way you said it made it sound as if you do that often.

Xanatos2007
04-16-2011, 11:09 PM
I don't do that much rolling with swords, but I've had a fair few dagger hilts give me bruises on my hips. It's not as bad when you roll diagonally (the proper way) and have your weapon mounted on the opposite hip from the one you come off on, although due to the length of sword blades they can still get caught in your legs if you don't keep it out of the way. Rolling with a sword/dagger strapped to your back doesn't hurt that bad, although I've only tried it on grass. Then again Altair & Ezio seem to wear several layers of clothing, so maybe that helps.

Blind2Society
04-16-2011, 11:14 PM
I still see your point but it's still a game. I mean who can get shot twice, ride a horse all the way to Rome, drink a bottle of something and continue the life of an assassin? Who can leap from hundreds of feet into a hay bail? I'm just going to stop there. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Xanatos2007
04-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Well you know me, picking nits like a hyperactive monkey.

I like the idea of a collapsible battlestaff/spear though.

Blind2Society
04-16-2011, 11:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Well you know me, picking nits like a hyperactive monkey. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

I like the idea of a collapsible battlestaff/spear though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This would be cool, so long as it is still pointy and I can throw it at people. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ChaosxNetwork
04-17-2011, 08:17 AM
Yeah I though about the collapsible thing after watching Alien vs predator http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
The Assassin's have the technology to make a hidden blade in the crusades, how hard can it be for them to do so further into the future.

crash3
04-17-2011, 09:47 AM
if we were playing a game called SUPER BLOODTHIRSTY INVINCBLE WARRIOR RAMPAGE! then i wold love to have a massive pole-arm to use

but this is ASSASSINS CREED its meant to be about stealth, using sophisticated weapons, it should stick to just disarming guards with big weapons when we use them

anyway th biggest weapons we'll probably see in AC3 is a musket with a bayonet attached which we disarm and use like a spear, apart from that itll be just swords and daggers. axes and claymores and halberds definitely werent used in 1700's

Black_Widow9
04-17-2011, 12:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JAKUB.K96:
I AM A BIG FAN OF LONG RANGE WEAPONS LIKE HALEBARD OR SPEAR.I WOULD LIKE UBISOFT TO ALLOW CARRYING A LONG RANGE WEAPON IN SOME KIND OF BELT OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT SO EVERY TIME I WANNA USE A LONG RANGE WEAPON I DONT HAVE TO KILL A SEAKER AND STEAL HIS WEAPON, AND IF ILL THRY TO RUN I'M DROPPING IT.I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN.I WANT TO CARRY A WEAPON LIKE THAT WITH ME ALL THE TIME IN A SLOT ON MY BACK OR SOMETHING.I WANNA KNOW HOW MANY OR YOU PEOPLE THINK THESAME. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello and welcome to the Forums http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif
Please make sure that you don't post in all CAPS. It is considered shouting/rude and you can find it here in the Forum Rules. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2961017947#VIII) Please also post your Feedback here-
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Game and DLC Feedback Thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3131006519)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>