PDA

View Full Version : A problem hosting coop missions

Snakeyes2050
04-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Let me qualify this question by saying that I have some experience with hosting. We have a dedicated server running 24/7 on Hyperlobby. So we understand routers, port forwarding and what is needed to allow access from the internet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to host some coop missions for our group and I seem to have the same problems with people connecting. If anything goes wrong where we need to restart a mission the connection gets fouled and the players can't rejoin the host. Last night this happened so I rebooted the host and they still couldn't join. The players tried to join direct IP and through Hyperlobby and had the same result, "Please Wait". Hosting coop's is a simple, straight forward process. Would it help if the players joining included the port # after my IP address? Should I expand the port range in the router or is 21000 good enough for several players to join? Any ideas?

Snakeyes2050
04-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Let me qualify this question by saying that I have some experience with hosting. We have a dedicated server running 24/7 on Hyperlobby. So we understand routers, port forwarding and what is needed to allow access from the internet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I want to host some coop missions for our group and I seem to have the same problems with people connecting. If anything goes wrong where we need to restart a mission the connection gets fouled and the players can't rejoin the host. Last night this happened so I rebooted the host and they still couldn't join. The players tried to join direct IP and through Hyperlobby and had the same result, "Please Wait". Hosting coop's is a simple, straight forward process. Would it help if the players joining included the port # after my IP address? Should I expand the port range in the router or is 21000 good enough for several players to join? Any ideas?

DmdSeeker
04-01-2007, 07:58 AM
If people are joining via direct IP then yes; they have to include the port number

Snakeyes2050
04-01-2007, 08:05 AM
DmdSeeker,

Thanks for the reply. We will give that a try.

Knife