PDA

View Full Version : need for thicker .50 cal tracers

LeadSpitter_
11-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Is it possible to make them similiar to the 109es 7.92s?

That or either white phosphorus tracers like used on your m3 halftracks, they are just not visable enough in game.

It would be nice if they were all unsynced so there is no large gaps between spacing.

chris455
11-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Bump!

TooCooL34
11-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Agreed thou I don't expect it would get better until BOB.
Why I don't like .50 cal planes is not its power, sync etc.
It just reminds me of .50 cal tracer in AOE, AOP while German tracers are fantastic since the release of original IL-2. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

LeadSpitter_
11-19-2005, 12:51 AM
yeah they gave us the excuse it would lag meanwhile the 190a with dual mg151 gunpods can have 6 mg151s with thick easy to see tracers and 2 7.92 with thick tracer and smoke trail at around the same rps i think the .50 still even has bigger gaps in spacing still becuase they are still sync'd with 1 off

i dont think it would happen either but its worth asking for

Professor_06
11-19-2005, 01:36 AM
Even the Japanese 7.7 LMG have better tracers and tracer smoke. They (50s) should be visablbe for at least 300 yards in daylight so you can monitor deflection shots. And how about some tracer smoke!!

What about this bum rushed stepchild treatment!

Monson74
11-19-2005, 02:56 AM
I'd just like to have them de-synced - & I want fries with that & extra sauce, please http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Kuna15
11-19-2005, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
Is it possible to make them similiar to the 109es 7.92s?

That or either white phosphorus tracers like used on your m3 halftracks, they are just not visable enough in game.

It would be nice if they were all unsynced so there is no large gaps between spacing.

I agree.

ECV56_Rolf
11-19-2005, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Professor_06:
They (50s) should be visablbe for at least 300 yards in daylight And how about some tracer smoke!!

Only 300 Yards????? That would be worst than it is now.

And how about some tracer smoke!!

That is a different kind of tracer, and for the guncams available for me with .50s firing, there is no smoke.

Still guncams are low quallity films, did anyone here has a good take of a full color firing .50?

Kuna15
11-19-2005, 07:32 AM
P-47 strafing trains in color with .50's (http://www.sigx.net/russr/ww2-footage/P47_trains.avi)

Smoke from tracers and guns is visible.

VF-51-Dart
11-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Agreed

jds1978
11-19-2005, 10:31 AM
ditto here

GSNei
11-19-2005, 11:03 AM
In agreement here, that's one thing I think WarbirdsIII does better.

Grey_Mouser67
11-19-2005, 11:46 AM
I'd love to have a choice of tracers or no tracers...and when I chose tracers...give some I can see!

Desyncronize too!

Going back and reinstalling this game, I noted that the HMG's were desyncronized up to the point where Oleg changed the HMG's to lazers...after AEP. I wonder what his motive was for that? Personally, I think it was to lessen their effectiveness by making hitting with them harder. Just speculating, but there are not historic or gameplay reasons to do this....I just think he doesn't like M2 Browning.

ECV56_Rolf
11-19-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Grey_Mouser67:
I'd love to have a choice of tracers or no tracers...and when I chose tracers...give some I can see!

Desyncronize too!

Going back and reinstalling this game, I noted that the HMG's were desyncronized up to the point where Oleg changed the HMG's to lazers...after AEP. I wonder what his motive was for that? Personally, I think it was to lessen their effectiveness by making hitting with them harder. Just speculating, but there are not historic or gameplay reasons to do this....I just think he doesn't like M2 Browning.

Mouser... go back, find the HUGE .50s dispersion thread, have the patience to read it whole, and then come back here and repost again.

That thread is the whole motive of the .50s synched after some AEP patch.

Oleg was asked to reduce disperssion, and the solution he implemented is what we have now.

Some people were VERY satisfied with that. Not me.

If you want any kind of possitive answer in this issue, think that you must overcome that thread before.

Right now, I believe that for Oleg the .50s are the equal to the 190 bar...

ECV56_Rolf
11-19-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Kuna15:
P-47 strafing trains in color with .50's (http://www.sigx.net/russr/ww2-footage/P47_trains.avi)

Smoke from tracers and guns is visible.

Very nice, and quite clear. Agreed.

BTW... this tracers conf, was a must everytime, or did they sometimes used to avoid the smoke ones?

Optional ammo configuration, was accepted some time ago by Oleg, but we won't see them till BOB at least, and so if we are lucky! Or so I remember from a past answer of Oleg to this.

Diablo310th
11-19-2005, 03:55 PM
This Jug pilots gives a hardy "bump" We really need to have the guns De-synched. Better tracers would be nice but i can live with what we have. We really need to start an e-mail campaign to Oleg about de-synching.

1. De-synch teh 50's
2. better tracers
3. new loadout to API-API-API-API-APIT

Professor_06
11-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by ECV56_Rolf:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Professor_06:
They (50s) should be visablbe for at least 300 yards in daylight And how about some tracer smoke!!

Only 300 Yards????? That would be worst than it is now.

And how about some tracer smoke!!

That is a different kind of tracer, and for the guncams available for me with .50s firing, there is no smoke.

Still guncams are low quallity films, did anyone here has a good take of a full color firing .50? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

IRL they wre visable out 700 yards in good lighting (not too bright). My covergence is set to 275meters and I cant see them the converge. My guess is that they easily are visable from the cockpit for about 100 meters now. You can see thn faintly out farther so I should clarify.

OK

They should very very visable for 300 yards and visable out to 700 yards. I use CFS3 with firepower and the tracers are almost too visable, ( but nice) but it is incredible how much easier it is to do deflection shooting when you can actually see your tracers. LOL.

Ratsack
11-19-2005, 04:43 PM
The colour of the 0.50 tracers doesn't help either. Since they're small and red, I would guess that anybody with even a touch of the red-green colour blindness would have a very hard time seeing these things. Particularly on any non-winter map. Those bright greens...

Yeah, I agree. Brighter tracers, and even some smoke.

Ratsack

Kocur_
11-19-2005, 05:59 PM
I'd say unsynching M2s would do much more good. Just copy P-40E field. mod. M2s coding and paste it to all multiple M2s armed planes! But I guess another Yak-7B was far more important...

LEXX_Luthor
11-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Bump for brighter 50 tracers. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

White would be nice like Leadspitter said, especailly at high alt in the dark blue sky, but were the real ones red?

polak5
11-19-2005, 07:48 PM
yea thats good, make the tracers brighter and bigger soo blues know when they are being shot at. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ECV56_Rolf
11-19-2005, 11:03 PM
I cared to check. You are right. They are almost invisible from inside the cabin before they reach 300m.

But I tried almost all other guns in the game, and reached the same result, so it is not something exclusive of the .50s

More... if you look from an outside view, you will see the tracers from more than 1Km distance, so the engine showing the firing tracers from inside the cabin is not the same you see from the outside. But if you see another plane firing from your cabin, it is the same that looking at that plane from an outside view.

BTW the MG17 tracers are weird, even firing from a Stuka they fire in bursts of tracers, instead of a continuous stream.

BAMBOO_RANGER
11-20-2005, 02:02 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=75277905547951258
Here! more clearer footage.

Kuna15
11-20-2005, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by ECV56_Rolf:
BTW the MG17 tracers are weird, even firing from a Stuka they fire in bursts of tracers, instead of a continuous stream.

Yes. I don't think it is the case with any other weapon (tracer) in game. MG17 tracers are groupped, and aircraft fires salvo of tracers than salvo of non-tracer bullets http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif.

And that wasn't like it used to be. In some patch (I can't remember which one, perhaps PF 300) MG17 ammo belt was being loaded this way 5xAP - 5xAPIT - 5xAP - 5xAPIT.

Aaron_GT
11-20-2005, 04:29 AM
My covergence is set to 275meters and I cant see them the converge.

Maybe it is a graphics card issue as I seem them converge at that range.

ECV56_Rolf
11-20-2005, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by BAMBOO_RANGER:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=75277905547951258
Here! more clearer footage.

Excelent! Thks! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

polak5
11-20-2005, 01:48 PM
I like how in that footage the 109's get hammmered yet hardly get damaged expept for the white smoke....

p1ngu666
11-20-2005, 02:21 PM
water and gycol leak, there getting hit in the radiator(s)

CorsairJockey
11-20-2005, 07:30 PM
I agree, brighter tracers would be nice. I am not sure if it would be accurate but white tracers would be better than the red ones. The tracers on the IL2 sturmovik planes work better for my eyes.

3.JG51_BigBear
11-21-2005, 10:23 AM
I think they just need to be brighter. Anything would help, especially over water.

Snyde-Dastardly
11-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Diablo310th:

1. De-synch teh 50's
2. better tracers

Im with ya on this one!!
BUMP!!

CARPE DIEM
Snyde

DangerForward
11-22-2005, 06:07 AM
So has anyone heard anything about desyncing the wing 50cals? I'm hoping if it doesn't get fixed that the synced wing gun code dies in BOB. The tracers do seem really hard to see when you're fighting on the winter maps.

SeaFireLIV
11-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Brighter 0.50 tracers? Why? You say it wouldn`t cause lag stutter, but the combination of 0.50 tracer with other aircraft tracer flying about online would add to slowdown. In fact it probably helps you guys NOT to be easily spotted as are the blue tracers of Jerry planes. Why blow your advantage??

Really, sometimes it seems that you guys will not be happy unless you have at least one-unlikely-to-be-fixed 0.50 cal whine to whine about.

What next?

HayateAce
11-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Blah, blah lag BS. I've been on many servers with 20+ I~16's zooming around filling the sky with those green lazers with no noticeable lag.

1. De-synch teh 50's
2. better tracers

faustnik
11-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by polak5:
I like how in that footage the 109's get hammmered yet hardly get damaged expept for the white smoke....

White smoke probably means a coolant leak, which means one Bf109 going down, right?

BSS_Vidar
11-22-2005, 01:21 PM
I think the 50 cals are fine, but brighter tracers and smoke would be nice to depict how they really looked. Plus, the 50's are way too quiet in the game. In Mustangs and Hogs, your teeth chattered from the loudness and vibration when they went off. lol

My miss-givings still lye in the German DM's. I flew a 109 recently and was receiving tremendous hits from 50 cal fire. The damage graphics looked great on the wing with massive holes I could see right through. I thought I would be a gonner soon, then I realized I was still cruising effortlessly at 300+ MPH.

A Jug gets a few panels bent out of shape, you're lucky to get 250 out of it in SNL flight. Let's make the flight charateristics reflect the damage done to the aerodynamics, and I think we'll finally have something here. I think I may even be able to over-look the arcade bubblegum ammo that makes small mushroom clouds when it strikes the ground. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

edgflyer
11-22-2005, 07:03 PM
If I remember we constantly asked for the de-synced guns for next patch (4.02) and we were denied. What makes you think we will get them now. I think it is the Russian Government that will not allow any other nation's plane have any kind of advantage over the Russian planes. Look at how CFS series over exagerates the American planes. Its a conspiracy I tell you. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Gibbage1
11-22-2005, 07:35 PM
I dont think smoke tracers will be possible with the .50's. Why? The volume of projectiles and smoke they will generate will slow computers down when something like a jug fly's by shooting. I dont WANT smokey tracers. I hate flying through the smoke trails.

I would like brighter tracers, yes. Like the UBS tracers but red. but not smoke. Yes, I know its "realistic" according to guncam footage, but the graphic tracer smoke in IL2 is just not up to par to handle it both speed wise and visually.

faustnik
11-22-2005, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Gibbage1:
I dont think smoke tracers will be possible with the .50's. Why? The volume of projectiles and smoke they will generate will slow computers down when something like a jug fly's by shooting. I dont WANT smokey tracers. I hate flying through the smoke trails.

I would like brighter tracers, yes. Like the UBS tracers but red. but not smoke. Yes, I know its "realistic" according to guncam footage, but the graphic tracer smoke in IL2 is just not up to par to handle it both speed wise and visually.

Then make smoke trails on switch! If you get my smoke trails taken away Gibbage, I'll be pissed! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif I thought that was the coolest thing way back in the IL-2 beta.

TooCool_12f
11-23-2005, 12:14 PM
IRL tracers are orange/red so, the color is right

Brighter trzacers would be nice, but how bright can you display them on screen?

as for those finding that MGs aren't loud enough, just crank up the volume and there you go... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BaronUnderpants
11-24-2005, 08:22 AM
If i had to choose between desync and brighter tracers i would choose brighter ( maby even slightly bigger dots )Seem smaller then other guns tracers to me.

Beeing one of thoose with slight red/green colour blindness, at present i have to pretty much guess where to aim when deflection shooting. No half sec burst to see where i hit and the correct if neccesery.

The strikes from 50 cals seems also way more sutle than other guns so that doesnt give much of a clue either.

Im convinced that the poore visebility of the tracers is the root of all the "50 cal is to weak" Of course they are weak...when i spray all over the place and propably miss totaly 60% of the time.