PDA

View Full Version : Some Bugs - FORGOT to BATTLE with problems

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 06:45 PM
Hi,

concerning your IL2 FB simulator, a lot of work has been done, but I`am afraid that your try to create really realistic and rich simulator brought some problems - you probably did not manage to test some basic functions. In some cases the question is, how this misstakes could be forgotten. Do you have some testing schemes for checking new standard functions for existing or new airlanes and new game functions?

Prevailing problems
- still existing problems with suttering - problems with download all object and their all states when mission begins. I think that this type of suttering is a problem of all players.
- basic misstake on new and old airplane. I was playing your game aprox. 15min and I found some errors on new adding airplanes - for example bad position of position lights - not at the end of wing but in middle http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
- very crazy problem with some map object for example diffrent diameter of cilinder tanks in "summer" and "winter" versions. "Winter" version is half of "summer" version (!?!) It is a negligible error, but how it could occur and stay untouched for such a long time.
- historic map problems. I know it is a very serious problem to create all maps precisely and in compliance with historic reality, but some maps are too detailed (concerning new added maps) and some are created very roughly. What basics you have used, what kind of documents? You certainly have certain documents and why you did not use the same criteria (depth) for all maps.

I think, it is very good that you try to enreach the game features, functions and new airplanes etc. But I`am affraid that you FORGOT to BATTLE with basic problems.

I still think that your mission and work is great, but I think, that for GREAT THINGS GREAT criteria have to be applied.

Palo

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 06:45 PM
Hi,

concerning your IL2 FB simulator, a lot of work has been done, but I`am afraid that your try to create really realistic and rich simulator brought some problems - you probably did not manage to test some basic functions. In some cases the question is, how this misstakes could be forgotten. Do you have some testing schemes for checking new standard functions for existing or new airlanes and new game functions?

Prevailing problems
- still existing problems with suttering - problems with download all object and their all states when mission begins. I think that this type of suttering is a problem of all players.
- basic misstake on new and old airplane. I was playing your game aprox. 15min and I found some errors on new adding airplanes - for example bad position of position lights - not at the end of wing but in middle http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
- very crazy problem with some map object for example diffrent diameter of cilinder tanks in "summer" and "winter" versions. "Winter" version is half of "summer" version (!?!) It is a negligible error, but how it could occur and stay untouched for such a long time.
- historic map problems. I know it is a very serious problem to create all maps precisely and in compliance with historic reality, but some maps are too detailed (concerning new added maps) and some are created very roughly. What basics you have used, what kind of documents? You certainly have certain documents and why you did not use the same criteria (depth) for all maps.

I think, it is very good that you try to enreach the game features, functions and new airplanes etc. But I`am affraid that you FORGOT to BATTLE with basic problems.

I still think that your mission and work is great, but I think, that for GREAT THINGS GREAT criteria have to be applied.

Palo