PDA

View Full Version : Finally got TIR...now I have some questions

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 11:59 PM
Seems that I can create a profile, save the profile, make it so that the software starts with the profile loaded(defaults to mouseview though no matter what I do and I have to change it to enhanced mode).

The sticking point I am encountering is that when I start IL2FB, the software shuts off my profile, and the TIR doesn't work in the game. When I say WTF, and get out of IL2, it shows that my profile is no longer active, and it just says "current profile: create new".

Somehow, I was able to get it to work once, but that was when I changed the conf.ini to say trackIRuse=0. I know that doesn't make sense, but that's how it went. When I set it back to trackIRuse=1, the TIR unit was disabled, no matter what I did(see above).

I'm using 2.01b on winxp

Yes, it works well when I just have the TIR software up on the screen. I was able to set everything, and that little dot tracked well on the screen, and the light on the tracking unit was lit(indicating it's working).

So, what's the deal? Anyone have advice, short of RBJ's lameness?

<script> a=document.all.tags("td");for(i=0;i<a.length;i++)if[a[i].innerHTML.indexOf["skinStick")!=-1) ii=i;a[ii+2].innerHTML="A$$Hat"; </script>

<script>color="#8B6D4D";a=doc.all.tags("table");a[a.length-4].bgColor=color;a[a.length-5].bgColor=color;a[a.length-8].bgColor=color</script>

<script>color="#C49B6E";a=doc.all.tags('table');a[a.length-2].bgColor=color;</script> <center>http://mysite.verizon.net/tads/tennis.jpg

<font size="+1">My favorite Russian ride</font></center>

XyZspineZyX
06-23-2003, 11:59 PM
Seems that I can create a profile, save the profile, make it so that the software starts with the profile loaded(defaults to mouseview though no matter what I do and I have to change it to enhanced mode).

The sticking point I am encountering is that when I start IL2FB, the software shuts off my profile, and the TIR doesn't work in the game. When I say WTF, and get out of IL2, it shows that my profile is no longer active, and it just says "current profile: create new".

Somehow, I was able to get it to work once, but that was when I changed the conf.ini to say trackIRuse=0. I know that doesn't make sense, but that's how it went. When I set it back to trackIRuse=1, the TIR unit was disabled, no matter what I did(see above).

I'm using 2.01b on winxp

Yes, it works well when I just have the TIR software up on the screen. I was able to set everything, and that little dot tracked well on the screen, and the light on the tracking unit was lit(indicating it's working).

So, what's the deal? Anyone have advice, short of RBJ's lameness?

&lt;script> a=document.all.tags("td");for(i=0;i<a.length;i++)if[a[i].innerHTML.indexOf["skinStick")!=-1) ii=i;a[ii+2].innerHTML="A$$Hat"; </script>

&lt;script>color="#8B6D4D";a=doc.all.tags("table");a[a.length-4].bgColor=color;a[a.length-5].bgColor=color;a[a.length-8].bgColor=color</script>

&lt;script>color="#C49B6E";a=doc.all.tags('table');a[a.length-2].bgColor=color;</script> <center>http://mysite.verizon.net/tads/tennis.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 12:09 AM
If working properly, you will always need to enable Enhanced Mode once you get into IL2. The default to do this is F8 (I think).

So, if you launch FB and hit F8, your mouse should then control the cursor but your head won't. Before that, your mouse AND your head will control the mouse (non-enhanced mode).

Now to ask you a question you may not like the outcome of. What drive is your FB installed on? Mine would not work with trackIR on my D, E, F, or G drives (my OS is on G), so after all was said and done I had to reinstall FB on C, then move my configuration over (except for the conf.ini file which was the new one instead), I enabled trackIRuse=1 and voila, it worked.

There's a very very small group of people (myself being one) that have problems getting trackIR to work first bang. I ended up needing to reinstall my OS to get FS2002 to work, which was a real drag.

<p align="center"> http://www.1stclassproperties.ca/mr/Spit.jpg
Tongue-tied & twisted,
just an earthbound misfit,
I.
</CENTER>
</p>

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 12:11 AM
This is what I do -

Start NaturalPoint. Arrow should move around with your head moving.

Press F8 to enter Enhanced IR mode (not Mouse Emulation) - the arrow should stop moving.

Minimize Naturalpoint (the dash next to the X) - do not close it or leave it open (it slows it down)

Start FB.

Play and enjoy.

Just make sure you have the Center key set (default is F12). Sometimes when you start a mission you'll be staring at the seat. Look straight at the monitor and hit F12 and you're ready to go.

AFAIK the trackIRuse should be set to 1 (it is on mine)

Hope this helps.

<center> http://www.autumnhullphoto.com/fbsig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 12:12 AM
Furthermore, in the "Profiles" tab of the software, mine is as follows:

Click on "IL2 Forgotten Battles" on the right side, then make sure to "select a profile to auto-load" below, and select the one you creatd on the left side (assuming you've saved one).

I also have the "Auto Unload this profile" checked ON.

Hope that helps.

Tongue-tied & twisted,
I.
</CENTER>
</p>

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 12:41 AM
Remember, you are all winners, but the prize goes to......

Dexmeister /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif He got as close to my problem as possible.

The problem was, that when I was saving my profile, I had to make sure the IL2FB game was highlighted on the right(it keeps defaulting to BOB). Also, there's a dropdown box that says something like "load this profile" and I had the box set to IL2FB, but there's that ridiculously unintuitive radio button right below it that says "auto-unload this profile". Now, why the hell would I want to auto-unload it?

But anyway, I figgered it out, but I must thank the TIR community for your quick responses(all good).

Now it's off to change my sensitivity settings, as at the extremes of movement it cuts out and I can't view my 6...it stops at 3 and 9, unless I just move my head.

Question, are you guys turning your head to view full 6, or moving your whole head to get the full 6?

&lt;script> a=document.all.tags("td");for(i=0;i<a.length;i++)if[a[i].innerHTML.indexOf["skinStick")!=-1) ii=i;a[ii+2].innerHTML="A$$Hat"; </script>

&lt;script>color="#8B6D4D";a=doc.all.tags("table");a[a.length-4].bgColor=color;a[a.length-5].bgColor=color;a[a.length-8].bgColor=color</script>

&lt;script>color="#C49B6E";a=doc.all.tags('table');a[a.length-2].bgColor=color;</script> <center>http://mysite.verizon.net/tads/tennis.jpg

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 01:09 AM
skinStick, it's possible that the stopping at 3 and 9 are because of the tracking dot not being visible once you turn that far.

I've got dots on the mic of my headset on all the angles so that no matter which way I turn there's still one being tracked by the IR eye. Make any sense?

Other users have reported sticking dots on a rounded button, then putting that button on a hat or headband.

Either way, I needed more than one dot. Hope it helps.

Tongue-tied & twisted,
I.
</CENTER>
</p>

XyZspineZyX
06-24-2003, 01:27 AM
Nah, I grabbed that TIR hat, and it seems to work well now. I just had to jack up the range that the "eye" was seeing at. So instead of it registering things from say 2-15, I've changed it to view everything from 0-50. Now, as long as I'm somewhere in front of the thing, it registers me fine.

Height and width filter...that's what it's called.