PDA

View Full Version : Installing PF, Error initializing

bernardpb
12-03-2004, 09:21 PM
After installing PF+FB+AEP. I get an error when tring to start the game "Please insert correct CD-ROM".followed br error "application failed to initialize properly (0x0000142) click ok to terminate the aplication". Anybody know what the problem might be? I tried replaceing the rts.dll file allready with one that I got from the UBI support site. My FB+AEP worked fine before the PF install. I also tried PF standalone and have the same errors. Forgot to mention that I do have CD #2 in the drive.

porcupine1
12-03-2004, 09:49 PM
there is a ton of us having that issue as well. i cant really say whats up. just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

Troll2k
12-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Sometimes(but not all the time) this is caused by trying to run the cd in a cdrw or dvrw.The copy protection does not like some cdrw or dvdrw drives.

Frozenpeaz
12-04-2004, 01:12 AM
Ok so me and 5 other guys got this game tonight, all of us had same exact problem....

This has to be worst bug i have seen in a long time. NO game should be released with this many problems.
5 different computers all same error???

Anyone have a clue here I bought this game at best buy and they wont let me return it?

bernardpb
12-04-2004, 07:50 AM
If anybody has a work around with this problem, please reply. I've been a IL2 fan from the beginning. I don't plane on returning the sim. Their must be a way to install game.

mortoma
12-04-2004, 11:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Frozenpeaz:
Ok so me and 5 other guys got this game tonight, all of us had same exact problem....

This has to be worst bug i have seen in a long time. NO game should be released with this many problems.
5 different computers all same error???

Anyone have a clue here I bought this game at best buy and they wont let me return it? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Best Buy has to allow you to return the game.

Frozenpeaz
12-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Trust me i wish.. The only thing i can do is return it for the same title. which I plan on trying to see if maybe just a bad batch of discs

iflyskyhawks
12-04-2004, 01:38 PM
Down here in San Antonio, Texas I'm having the same problem. Doesn't matter whether it is in my DVD-ROM or my DVD-RW. I sincerely hope someone at UbiSoft is working frantically to address this.

I have a plain-jane Dell Dimension 8300 so it's not like I have some outlandish configuration.

UbiSoft? Are you there?

npearch
12-04-2004, 02:47 PM
having the same problem here in florida. I get the same result and error messages on both cd-rw and cd- dvd. ANybody have any ideas to overcome this???

Speedfellow
12-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Ok guys I had this problem and its to do with disc copying software mainly CD clone I think.
If you have it, un-install it then use a reg cleaner to get rid of any trace of the program then it should be ok. Well it worked for me

iflyskyhawks
12-04-2004, 06:40 PM
CD clone?? Never heard of it. Don't have it installed. This is clearly a serious problem that someone at UbiSoft needs to address very quickly.

The use of such thick copy-protection to the detriment of paying customers with standard computer configurations is unacceptable.

UbiSoft?????????????????????????

steve_v
12-04-2004, 06:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iflyskyhawks:
UbiSoft? Are you there? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://www.ubireg.com/uk/

This is a community forum and as such run by community members. When 1C/Ubi people come here, it is on their own time. On the above link go to the FAQ section and you can then click the 'ask a question' tab to send in your requests.

4x cd-rom is reccommended requirement. Also noted on box under system requirements:
This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some cd-rw, dvd-rw, and virtual drives.

iflyskyhawks
12-05-2004, 07:29 AM
I saw the note about copy-protection when I purchased the software. That's why I'm installing it FROM A DVD-ROM drive.

It bugs me when a production problem like this ends up being pushed back on the customer.

I have many games (including Rome: Total War which I just purchased) that install find. This is the only one that doesn't...and somehow it's my fault...

Frozenpeaz
12-05-2004, 12:11 PM
This is a ridiculous problem. 4 of my buddys with all differnt hardware had this problem. I have tried to install on both my laptops and my Girlfriends PC ALL same error. Im really hoping its just a matter of a bad batch of disks

Klatu2003
12-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Yea guys . . .keep up the posts on this issue!!!

Each of my systems only have single CD-ROM drives so, in my case, it's not an issue tied to CD-RW or DVD-RW drive types . . plus . . i don't have any CD-Clone SW in any of my systems so that's not the issue. I'm hoping its bad or incompatible media, in which case I'll re-buy PF later if this turns out to be the issue (can't return the one I just purchased).

We should not be having this kind of problem !!!

This problem has really deflated my anticipation of flying this sim....I may just have to stay with FB/AEP-only cause I'm not about to rip my gaming machines all apart SW-wise and HW-wise just to play this extension of IL2...

keep the ideas comming !!!

klatu-out

441Spyder
12-05-2004, 06:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Klatu2003:
Yea guys . . .keep up the posts on this issue!!!

Each of my systems only have single CD-ROM drives so, in my case, it's not an issue tied to CD-RW or DVD-RW drive types . . plus . . i don't have any CD-Clone SW in any of my systems so that's not the issue. I'm hoping its bad or incompatible media, in which case I'll re-buy PF later if this turns out to be the issue (can't return the one I just purchased).

We should not be having this kind of problem !!!

This problem has really deflated my anticipation of flying this sim....I may just have to stay with FB/AEP-only cause I'm not about to rip my gaming machines all apart SW-wise and HW-wise just to play this extension of IL2...

keep the ideas comming !!!

klatu-out <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ok here it is
if you have a motherboard with an Nvidia chipset on it then your problem most likely is that you are useing the chipset driver that came on the disk with your motherboard
so the solution is this go here
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
select <span class="ev_code_RED">PLATFORM / NFORCE DRIVERS</span> then <span class="ev_code_RED">UNIFIED DRIVER</span> and then your <span class="ev_code_RED">OS</span> and then go
it cured my problems with
Please insert the correct CD into the drive with a number of games not just PF on my nForce motherboard

Espn182003
12-05-2004, 11:10 PM
i have had the same problem and its like it went to my other IL-2 games and now they dont work. I cant beleive they can release a game in this state. But its the marketings to blame because they say when to release this and people working on the games make mistakes or they take shortcuts and that is what screws up games

iflyskyhawks
12-06-2004, 04:36 AM
I've tried everything. Went to the Dell web site and downloaded and installed firmware updates for both my DVD-ROM and my DVD-RW drives. Still no luck.

Don't have an Nvidia card either.

So, for now, I have a $45.00 paperweight on my desk that looks like a lot of fun but is currently a complete waste of money. *Sigh*