PDA

View Full Version : Completing missions.

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 01:25 AM
I think score should be awarded for when forcing a enemy bomber to drop its bombs.

Now when flying a fighter plane and making an enemy bomb plane drop its bombs should be taken into consideration since just exactly that might be the objective.

The goal to get a mission completed could still be the same.

Also, when one is the flight leader, one should get extra credit if the mission (whatever misison it is) is completed. It is in a way the wing leaders responsibility.

--
"Too late ... No time."
Concorde pilot Christian Marty, moments before the supersonic jet crashed into a hotel in Gonesse on the outskirts of Paris.

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 01:25 AM
I think score should be awarded for when forcing a enemy bomber to drop its bombs.

Now when flying a fighter plane and making an enemy bomb plane drop its bombs should be taken into consideration since just exactly that might be the objective.

The goal to get a mission completed could still be the same.

Also, when one is the flight leader, one should get extra credit if the mission (whatever misison it is) is completed. It is in a way the wing leaders responsibility.

--
"Too late ... No time."
Concorde pilot Christian Marty, moments before the supersonic jet crashed into a hotel in Gonesse on the outskirts of Paris.

XyZspineZyX
10-09-2003, 11:17 PM
so, noone has any opinion of this?

--
"Too late ... No time."

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 12:03 AM
i agree /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
be nice to get damage aswell as kills

XyZspineZyX
10-12-2003, 10:47 PM
- i agree
- be nice to get damage aswell as kills
-
-

Yeah, didnt they count it like that in real life?

They counted assist's or possible kills?

--
"Too late ... No time."

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 05:49 AM
Some countries counted everything their pilots did, for example the RAF, where a pilot's score could read Kills/Shared Kills/Probables/Shared Probables/Damaged/Shared damaged, not to mention kills on the ground! It bothers me that in IL2 you don't get credit for causing an enemy to crash-land if the plane doesn't explode, where in real life forcing an enemy down would certainly be counted as a kill.

XyZspineZyX
10-13-2003, 11:18 AM
Multimetal wrote:
- Some countries counted everything their pilots did,
- for example the RAF, where a pilot's score could
- read Kills/Shared Kills/Probables/Shared
- Probables/Damaged/Shared damaged, not to mention
- kills on the ground! It bothers me that in IL2 you
- don't get credit for causing an enemy to crash-land
- if the plane doesn't explode, where in real life
- forcing an enemy down would certainly be counted as
- a kill.

Actually, I think you get credit for downed planes when they disappear, it can take a while sometimes.

--
"Too late ... No time."

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 05:23 AM
Yer i agree... In most countries not only kills were awarded, like damage and smokers. This was mainly proven through the use of gun camera, which was a camera set to shoot when ever the guns did so that aces and kills could be accurately recorded. This ment that a pilot on his own could claim a kill and have on one else backing him up. Although causeing a forced landing and crash landing should be give different scores, whilst what about helping destroy a plane, like when u cause a plane to smoke and a friend finishes him off and claims all the score?

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 05:56 AM
What about the aircraft that is able to disengage, limb home and make a "wheels up-landing" on the home-aerodrome? Is that to be considered a kill? In my opinion it's not, simply becourse he got his aircraft home, it need some patching though- But I wouldn't count that as a kill..

rgds

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 10:57 AM
jmmoric wrote:
- What about the aircraft that is able to disengage,
- limb home and make a "wheels up-landing" on the
- home-aerodrome? Is that to be considered a kill? In
- my opinion it's not, simply becourse he got his
- aircraft home, it need some patching though- But I
- wouldn't count that as a kill..
-

Nope, me neither.

--
"Too late ... No time."

XyZspineZyX
10-14-2003, 11:10 AM
Sherman8r wrote:
- Yer i agree... In most countries not only kills were
- awarded, like damage and smokers. This was mainly
- proven through the use of gun camera, which was a
- camera set to shoot when ever the guns did so that
- aces and kills could be accurately recorded. This
- ment that a pilot on his own could claim a kill and
- have on one else backing him up. Although causeing a
- forced landing and crash landing should be give
- different scores, whilst what about helping destroy
- a plane, like when u cause a plane to smoke and a
- friend finishes him off and claims all the score?
-
-

Yep, they should count assists. The AI is a good kill stealer.

--
"Too late ... No time."

--
"Too late ... No time."