PDA

View Full Version : Important Multiplayer Difficulty Loophole.

SS.DJSatane
03-24-2005, 05:49 PM
It seems when a host creates a game and let's say sets the game to REALISTIC difficulty, all the players that join will be set on REALISTIC however they will not use whatever realistic settings are on the host side, but they will use settings from their own gameplaysettings.cfg to determine details what REASLISTIC really is. What this means is someone can edit REALISTIC to have automatic targetting, unlimited torps etc and join a server hosted as realistic and while host will play in realistic rules, the client who edited his cfg will play with unlimited torps etc...

I am going to recheck this today but if this is the case, this needs to be fixed so that host settings are forced on all clients of the game session.

You ask why I edit HARD or MEDIUM settings? First of all, I like to configure settings myself in detail for multiplayer session instead of using preset ones, for example I like to have the event camera for REALISTIC settings.

SS.DJSatane
03-24-2005, 05:49 PM
It seems when a host creates a game and let's say sets the game to REALISTIC difficulty, all the players that join will be set on REALISTIC however they will not use whatever realistic settings are on the host side, but they will use settings from their own gameplaysettings.cfg to determine details what REASLISTIC really is. What this means is someone can edit REALISTIC to have automatic targetting, unlimited torps etc and join a server hosted as realistic and while host will play in realistic rules, the client who edited his cfg will play with unlimited torps etc...

I am going to recheck this today but if this is the case, this needs to be fixed so that host settings are forced on all clients of the game session.

You ask why I edit HARD or MEDIUM settings? First of all, I like to configure settings myself in detail for multiplayer session instead of using preset ones, for example I like to have the event camera for REALISTIC settings.

SS.DJSatane
03-24-2005, 06:00 PM
What we really need for multiplayer is setting where each of the realism settings is manually changed by host and then forced on each client by being modified in their cfg to something like [MULTIPLAYER] section and its written to each client as they load the session, and game uses them.

GT182
03-24-2005, 06:00 PM
Good find. IMHO it should be fixed to what it is in IL2 Forgotten Battles and Pacific Fighters. The host sets game realism and all who join play by his settings. Which in turn, over-ride the players who join him. That way all are on equal ground and less chances of cheating.

hauitsme
03-24-2005, 06:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>SS.DJSatane:
I like to configure settings myself in detail for multiplayer session instead of using preset ones, for example I like to have the event camera for REALISTIC settings. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You also say it "needs to be fixed so that host settings are forced on all clients of the game session".
Just make sure you let anyone you play with know your Multiplayer game is 'rigged' and your cheating. Most people I know won't put up with cheaters.

SS.DJSatane
03-24-2005, 06:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hauitsme:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>SS.DJSatane:
I like to configure settings myself in detail for multiplayer session instead of using preset ones, for example I like to have the event camera for REALISTIC settings. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You also say it "needs to be fixed so that host settings are forced on all clients of the game session".
Just make sure you let anyone you play with know your Multiplayer game is 'rigged' and your cheating. Most people I know won't put up with cheaters. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol, I found an important problem that can be used to exploit and you right away try to bash me, I love these forums. First of all, multiplayer should have options to configure each realism setting itself. Second, some people prefer to play multiplayer with specific realism settings to reflect same settings they play in single player thus me and my friends thought if I change(the host) HARD to allow event camera everyone will have it but it didnt work out that way.

In addition, this should be addressed in patch asap because you see hauitsme someone may join your session that you set to REALISM and have automatic targetting and no torp limit without you knowing.

hauitsme
03-24-2005, 06:29 PM
That's why I don't play online, only via LAN with others I know won't CHEAT.
If the session you create is CUSTOM, that's fine. But to call it REALISTIC, when it definitely ISN'T, is a lie. Which is cheating. Just like restarting a saved game after the outcome didn't come out like you wanted.

SS.DJSatane
03-24-2005, 06:42 PM
Sigh, I didn't call it REALISTIC, the game only allows you to chooose EASY, MEDIUM, HARD and REALISTIC and it doesnt even let you alter detailed settings for things such as event camera, so only way to do this is to edit one of those configurations, problem is if you want to play specific settings with your friends they all have to edit it, because host settings dont force it onto clients. This need to be addressed.

hauitsme
03-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Fine, points taken. Sorry.
And I in no way bashed you.
I bashed your "I like to have the event camera for REALISTIC settings".
It's NOT realistic then, is it?
It's a Custom setting.
But to keep it called 'Realistic' is a lie. Plain and simple.
Kinda like editing the Easy settings to Hard, but to keep it called Easy. A lie.
I had no idea of the choices available in MP. I haven't got that far yet.

No Custom mode?

SS.DJSatane
03-24-2005, 10:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hauitsme:
Fine, points taken. Sorry.
And I in no way bashed you.
I bashed your "I like to have the event camera for REALISTIC settings".
It's NOT realistic then, is it?
It's a Custom setting.
But to keep it called 'Realistic' is a lie. Plain and simple.
Kinda like editing the Easy settings to Hard, but to keep it called Easy. A lie.
I had no idea of the choices available in MP. I haven't got that far yet.

No Custom mode? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See exactly, there is no custom mode in multiplayer, you can only select out of 4 choices and you have no options to customize any of them, this is why i had to edit 1 of the settings and I just chose realistic one. But you see if you choose to edit cfg so that you and your friends can enjoy custom settings game, they all have to edit cfg same way because host settings are not forced onto clients. This also can be exploited as I stated in original post of this thread. This needs to be fixed.

hauitsme
03-25-2005, 12:08 AM
This needs to be fixed. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Along with about a hundred other things. Get in line.

I understood the problem/bug/cheat you pointed out from the beginning.

It was the editing of the Realistic difficulty settings to something other than Realistic, but keeping it titled as Realistic when it no longer was. I don't like being mislead and neither should you or anyone else. That's the ONLY reason I replied. If I see Realistic, that's what it BETTER be!

Definitely, a Custom setting needs to be added, allowing the host to set whatever he wants for everyone joining, with the server using those settings for everyone in that game, with NO variations. As long as everyone knows what the rules are before joining.

Later.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/hauitsme/croc.gif