PDA

View Full Version : Attention MODS: See "Remembering" thread and ban zpunka

HayateAce
09-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Completely offensive and inappropriate post.

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Yes please ban him forever. People like him serve no purpose to our community and only wish to offend others and hijack threads. These type of individuals are sickening to say the least. Im very confident that the mods will do their jobs on this one.

And VonRat and Brewsterpilot should save their political beliefs and rhetoric for another thread. I dont think they had ill intentions but this is not the place for such a discussion. And quite certain its in violation of forum rules.

S!

JG51_Rudel
09-11-2007, 04:25 PM
Yes Plz Ban that Son of a B!@#H.(sorry for my harsh language, but he has no right to post stuff like that).

DuxCorvan
09-11-2007, 04:27 PM
While I may agree -Zeppuku's post really exceeds most limits of bad taste- I remind you, guys, that there's an 'alert' reporting tool in every post for that purpose (the tiny yellow triangle) that mods usually take on account.

BTW, I think that -with all respect- it wasn't a good idea to start that thread in the first place, knowing what was going to happen, given the lack of matureness usually demonstrated by a few around these topics.

Ultra sensitive matters should be let aside, despite the good intentions that may inspire their mention.

Divine-Wind
09-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
BTW, I think that -with all respect- it wasn't a good idea to start that thread in the first place, knowing what was going to happen, given the lack of matureness usually demonstrated by a few around these topics.

Ultra sensitive matters should be let aside, despite the good intentions that may inspire their mention.
Offensive posters and jerk wads are no reason to not pay respects and remember significant and tragic events.

Also, I'd thought I'd apologize to the other fellow I replied to... I took your comments the wrong way, being ticked off at certain people for going into the thread to do something other than pay respects to the lives lost.

Although I fail to see how getting angry at people who screw with memorials or show disrespect in a thread like that is a "bullcrap" attitude. (Not expecting a reply... No need for another flame thread)

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-11-2007, 04:43 PM

There are many threads with the same subject matter in the past. Its the mods job to remove the morons so the rest of us can reflect without having to defend it.

S!

DuxCorvan
09-11-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Divine-Wind:
Offensive posters and jerk wads are no reason to not pay respects and remember significant and tragic events.

I agree. Only that I guess we all knew that was to happen sooner or later. Anonimity invites to 'animality'. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

BTW, the mods have sanitized the "remembering" thread. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

steve_v
09-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Your request has been heard and the thread edited, removing the offending posts.

Von_Rat
09-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Divine-Wind:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuxCorvan:

Also, I'd thought I'd apologize to the other fellow I replied to... I took your comments the wrong way, being ticked off at certain people for going into the thread to do something other than pay respects to the lives lost.

Although I fail to see how getting angry at people who screw with memorials or show disrespect in a thread like that is a "bullcrap" attitude. (Not expecting a reply... No need for another flame thread) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its only bullcrap when its directed at the wrong person.

someone else brought in opinions that had no buisness in the thread and i call him on it in a polite manner. but then i get called a twit.

i didnt express any political beliefs at all. i just pointed out that if the other guy was going to mention iraqi deaths, he shouldnt be selective about it.

Taylortony
09-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Never saw his post and It was probably inappropriate,
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

But I would say that is what we all strive for, to allow people to be able to be able offend and have their say,that is democracy and a fundamental freedom we should all have the world over, no matter how offensive it is to ourselves and others, we can draw strength from this and stand together..........

My own feelings though are my sincere condolences to those entwined in the effects of this terrible act and my thoughts with those serving and putting their lives on the line so we can all have our say, no matter how distastful to us all. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I salute you all.

Divine-Wind
09-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Von_Rat:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Divine-Wind:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DuxCorvan:

Although I fail to see how getting angry at people who screw with memorials or show disrespect in a thread like that is a "bullcrap" attitude. (Not expecting a reply... No need for another flame thread) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its only bullcrap when its directed at the wrong person.

someone else brought in opinions that had no buisness in the thread and i call him on it in a polite manner. but then i get called a twit.

i didnt express any political beliefs at all. i just pointed out that if the other guy was going to mention iraqi deaths, he shouldnt be selective about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As I said, I saw your comments in the wrong light. I apologize again, and now I think we ought to stick our argument in the closet.

FoolTrottel
09-11-2007, 05:58 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gifAt the right bottom of every post there's a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it... just press it... it will alert a moderator... no need to start a new thread on the matter...

Copperhead311th
09-11-2007, 06:03 PM
well it's probly a good thing i missed this...
cause Steve would have had to perma ban me as well.

knightflyte
09-11-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
Yes please ban him forever. People like him serve no purpose to our community and only wish to offend others and hijack threads. These type of individuals are sickening to say the least. Im very confident that the mods will do their jobs on this one.

And VonRat and Brewsterpilot should save their political beliefs and rhetoric for another thread. I dont think they had ill intentions but this is not the place for such a discussion. And quite certain its in violation of forum rules.

S!

I did report it and added a comment so hopefully, we who respect the day and memory of those we pay tribute, would remain cooler in the head.

Steve V took care of it. This was that posters first post in the forum. (leaves speculation at the door.)

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by DuxCorvan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Divine-Wind:

I agree. Only that I guess we all knew that was to happen sooner or later. Anonimity invites to 'animality'. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

BTW, the mods have sanitized the "remembering" thread. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cant argue with you there and I do see your point.

S!

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Copperhead311th:

Its very good you missed it lol. Trust me, or you would probably be hanging with Leadspitter. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

S!

Divine-Wind
09-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Copperhead311th:
Couldn't agree more.

T_O_A_D
09-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Glad I missed it. Thanks Steve

If you remember, 9-11 was the downfall of even this place back then, shortly afterwards The UBI staff at the time was forced to take away our place to freely speak, (PILOTS LOUNGE) due to the fact that even our close nit community could not get along globaly over the event following due to this terrible day.

We must Remember, never forget, and learn from such things to a point we can hopefully avoid them again. Globaly!!!!

Bearcat99
09-11-2007, 09:36 PM
NEVER.... EVER.. complain about a thread without a link. Glad I missed it.

K_Freddie
09-12-2007, 12:25 AM
Dammm - I missed the pie throwing competition... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

Viking-S
09-12-2007, 02:09 AM
How can anyone even pretend to be surprised or upset about the outcome of the"¯remember"¯ thread! This has turned out to be an annual event with the same result every year, only it takes less and less time to derail each year.

Some obviously fails to see the truth but the thread was turned into a political statement already by post #2 and 3.The rest was unavoidable with that start.

Maybe we all should try and learn something from this for a change. Keep the political statements and discussions out of this forum and stay by the rules!IL2 ONLY!PERIOD

Viking

R_Target
09-12-2007, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by Viking-S:
Keep the political statements and discussions out of this forum and stay by the rules!IL2 ONLY!PERIOD

Good idea. Start with your sig.

SeaFireLIV
09-12-2007, 04:16 AM
Looks like I missed the shenanigins.

Viking-S
09-12-2007, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by R_Target:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Viking-S:
Keep the political statements and discussions out of this forum and stay by the rules!IL2 ONLY!PERIOD

Good idea. Start with your sig. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its there for the purpose of showing how biased and one-sided this forum and its"¯community"¯ is but I will remove it the very minute the rules are 100% upheld. No problem!

Looking forward to that but not holding my breath as you might understand.

Viking

Whirlin_merlin
09-12-2007, 05:30 AM
Gentlemen. I never saw the comments in question, however I agree in principle that there is as limit to the offensiveness that should be acepted. People need to think hard before posting in such a thread, not simply to critise but also in how they 'show support'.

But I would urge people to remember that the topic is emotive in more then one way. The death toll in this 'War' is now well beyond that horrific day, and those were not the only innocents that have suffered.
I would not of course post this in the thread in question as that would be inapropriate and disrespectful to the memory of the victims.
I do think it is important however that all people realise that not everyone sees the world the way they do.

This is not an atempt to cause a flame war. Just a statement of why people need to be cautious.

SeaFireLIV
09-12-2007, 05:35 AM
ah, I see. Interesting link, viking-s. I think we all as Human beings have a natural resistance to being told what to think by someone else because everyone else demands that we should. It is sensible to allow some independence in thought.