PDA

View Full Version : US PC Preorder

Arizius
07-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Hey I was just wondering when Assassin's Creed for the PC will be preorder-able in the US. You can preorder copies of it already in Europe, so I was wondering if there is anywhere someone has preordered the game other then Europe. Thanks!

`Arizius

NeVerDown.
07-18-2007, 03:10 PM
I can see several (dutch) sites where you can pre-order the PC version. I won't do it though. Good topic, but I think there are already several like this. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Arizius
07-18-2007, 07:42 PM
Ya, I know I have seen the Dutch sites too. What I want to know if there is anywhere to preorder it in the United States.

Arizius

Arizius
07-20-2007, 11:40 PM
So, can anyone answer my question?

Arizius

MrMoo333
07-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Well, it better be soon, or else it will be a year after it hits stores befor its available!

Arizius
07-24-2007, 01:27 AM
Ya seriously, I'm surprised you can't preorder the PC version yet. Actually, you CAN order it, but the few options are mostly in Europe, so that doesn't help anyone from the United States. I did find a place that you can buy it from in the North America (Canada), not the USA. Here it is...

http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/768-5326968-14326973/games/...cts/90316264?fs=true (http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/768-5326968-14326973/games/pcgames/products/90316264?fs=true)

the_assassin_07
07-24-2007, 03:06 AM
Why does everyone want to preorder PC games?! Buy a console, i know it's your choice but they are way better.

-You can't escape the Assassin-

Arizius
07-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Why do that? It would only cost about $50 for just the game, and if you wanted to pitch in another $30, you could buy a USB Xbox 360 controller. I don't see it worth it to spend 500+ dollars for a system when I can run AC on a PC just fine. And in my opinion, PC have more potential then systems.

Arizius

the_assassin_07
07-24-2007, 08:28 AM
PC has more potential than systems?! Are you crazy, I know it does cost more but it's worth it.
-------------------------------

Arizius
07-24-2007, 09:18 AM
O ya, absolutely. To get a new game, you don't necessarily need to buy a whole new system, just buy more hardware and stuff. Plus, I don't play systems that much, so it wouldn't be worth it. Also, a system only has 1 purpose: to make games run. Now with a computer, you can run games and do tons of other things as well. That is just my opinion again.

Arizius

Still, if anyone has any info on being able to preorder Assassin's Creed for the PC in the US, please POST

Golani2007
07-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Arizius:
Why do that? It would only cost about $50 for just the game, and if you wanted to pitch in another $30, you could buy a USB Xbox 360 controller. I don't see it worth it to spend 500+ dollars for a system when I can run AC on a PC just fine. And in my opinion, PC have more potential then systems.

Arizius

I absolotly agree!
in isreal, if i want to buy PS3 it will cost me about 4000 shekel....
but i have a good PC...maybe! just maybe i will need to upgrade it if i want to run AC propbly on it...and the upgrades will only cost 300-500 shekel

and for your question...i guess you'll be abke to preorder in the US in a few months from now...
why dont you just downlond it from the internet?
it can be easy...download>burn on CD>play in PC

like i plan to do!!XD

chewbacca112
07-24-2007, 12:17 PM
consoles RULE PC drules!!!

SmokehtheFirst
07-24-2007, 01:11 PM
lol, I have nothing against consoles (I own a Wii), but trust me, we won't be using Xbox 1080's and Plastation 9's in 30 years. PCs have the most potential, the best graphical capabilities, hold the most memory, and can keep on being upgraded without having to go buy a new one.

the_assassin_07
07-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Why is everyone saying PC has the most potential? Well it is your opinion........
------------------------------

Arizius
07-24-2007, 05:16 PM
Ya btw, don't think I like "look down" on consoles. I luv them man, I play them whenever I can at friends houses etc. But, like SmokehtheFirst said, they can almost always be upgraded without having to buy a whole complete system. Now, definitely, if your computer can't run it, and your only option is to buy a whole new computer, I would give it some thought. But then again, even if you do have to buy a new computer for say $1500, it would be worth the money in the sense you can use it more then just games, and be able to use it for a longer period then maybe a console can withstand.

Arizius

Altair_92
07-24-2007, 05:28 PM
yeah, but PC's tend o break or crash a lot even if they have hardly any space used up on them, are virus free, and so on. Plus I don't want to play a game like this on the PC. That would suck and i think that it would be too hard.

I can play AC while chatting with my buddys on XBL and also get achivements. I guess that PC people can get achivements, but that's kinda weird.

My mom has a windows Vista computer for her job so I guess that I can play those games on here if I wanted.

Arizius
07-24-2007, 05:35 PM
You definitely have a point there, but people that take good care of their computers usually won't have those types of problems. Also remember, if you think it will be hard to play it on the PC because of controller issues, you can buy a USB xbox controller for the PC for like $30. Since I have really no knowledge of XBL, I can't really say anything about it except, I don't think Assassin's Creed will be multiplayer, but I have no idea. And don't let Vista fool you, I have so many friends that have Vista that are horrible and SLOW, including my little sister's computer and it is brand new!

Arizius

Sweet, your a gamer girl! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Altair_92
07-24-2007, 05:39 PM
I know. My mom told me that a lot of people have said that Vista has bugs. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif We take good care of our computers too and they still suck.

Yep. Some girls don't play games because of the a** hole guys on online, but actually a lot of girls do play games and they kick *ss and take names and they show no mercy. Some of them sound all bubbly and happy, but they go on a mass killing rampage in Gears.

I'm going to teach my mom how to play Gears and a few other games. She's going to become a gamer mom. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Arizius
07-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Thats cool! But, lets not get off topic, I don't want this thread to be locked http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Arizius

Arizius
07-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Continue to post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Arizius

the_assassin_07
07-25-2007, 01:55 AM
But it just feels weird playing Assassin's Creed or Haze or any other big game on a PC i mean it's like watching Star wars III on a 6 inch TV and consoles have better graphics, better features, the developers put more time into the console versions, and basically everything is better on a console, but if you're talking money wise yes you should buy a PC but if you're talking quality wise then you should DEFINITELY DEFINITELY buy a console. But that is only my opinion.
--------------------------------

davo81
06-04-2008, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by the_assassin_07:
But it just feels weird playing Assassin's Creed or Haze or any other big game on a PC i mean it's like watching Star wars III on a 6 inch TV and consoles have better graphics, better features, the developers put more time into the console versions, and basically everything is better on a console, but if you're talking money wise yes you should buy a PC but if you're talking quality wise then you should DEFINITELY DEFINITELY buy a console. But that is only my opinion.

-PC's have far better graphics.
-PC's last longer.
-You can connect a PC to a TV.
-A PC monitor is not 6" large because you are sitting right in front of it, not 3m+ away. Thus PC monitors viewing angle is much larger. For instance a 32" TV and a 3m veiwing distance would work out smaller than a 17" PC monitor because you sit much closer to the pc as you would a tv.
-PC's can be more expensive...but are cheaper if you custom build them..for instance a 360 ($600 where i live, no screen) matches a $500 - $600 custom build PC.
-FPS gaming (First Person Shooters), are far better on a PC because of mouse support..it is easier to switch targets and aiming is alot better.. get two players in COD4 with equal skill. For example, one with a mouse and one with a gamepad..how long would it take for the mouse player to headshot the gamepad player...
-You can multitask alot more stuff on pc while playing a game..consoles can't play crysis at all.. but PC's can play crysis and do a dozen other things at the same time even running it at max settings.

Tiberius135
06-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by davo81:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_assassin_07:

-PC's last longer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly, I don't care about the rest of your post as I have no real opinion on this subject, because I am relatively uninformed when it comes to computer specs.

But, last longer? I'm not sure whether you're talking about before it stops working or before it's useless. It doesn't really matter which, I bought my PS2 nearly 7 years ago.

I would wager if you used a computer that was brand new (when it first came out) 7 years later, sure it would work, but how many games would it be able to play?

LaurenIsSoMosh
06-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Not to mention, he pretty much revived a year-old and now-useless thread just to say that computers are better. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

BTOG46
06-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
Not to mention, he pretty much revived a year-old now-useless thread just to say that computers are better. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

It's a conspiracy, all planned as part of a secret campaign......... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

LaurenIsSoMosh
06-04-2008, 08:25 AM
Okay, so now I'm going to go necropost the oldest thread on the last page of this forum and excuse it as a conspiracy. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

davo81
06-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Tiberius135:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davo81:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by the_assassin_07:

Honestly, I don't care about the rest of your post as I have no real opinion on this subject, because I am relatively uninformed when it comes to computer specs.

But, last longer? I'm not sure whether you're talking about before it stops working or before it's useless. It doesn't really matter which, I bought my PS2 nearly 7 years ago.

I would wager if you used a computer that was brand new (when it first came out) 7 years later, sure it would work, but how many games would it be able to play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't hate consoles i was just comenting on his post...i was actually trying to say that they last longer because you can upgrade them every so often...but i do have a PS3 and im leaning towards a Wii...must have Zelda: TP http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

caswallawn_2k7
06-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by davo81:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tiberius135:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davo81:

I would wager if you used a computer that was brand new (when it first came out) 7 years later, sure it would work, but how many games would it be able to play? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't hate consoles i was just comenting on his post...i was actually trying to say that they last longer because you can upgrade them every so often...but i do have a PS3 and im leaning towards a Wii...must have Zelda: TP http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
PC's last longer because they can be upgrade hmmm its mayby 300 for a geforce 9800 and I paid 270 for my PS3 with a game. so technicaly the upgrade of one comp would be the same price as buying a new console. thats why updating is stupid you better off just buying a top end PC and replacing it every 3 to 4 years.

davo81
06-04-2008, 09:37 PM
PC's last longer because they can be upgrade hmmm its mayby 300 for a geforce 9800 and I paid 270 for my PS3 with a game. so technicaly the upgrade of one comp would be the same price as buying a new console. thats why updating is stupid you better off just buying a top end PC and replacing it every 3 to 4 years.

A geforce 9800 is alot more powerful than a PS3 or 360..PS3 and 360's dont even meet a 8800(GT).