PDA

View Full Version : LOMAC? System specs.

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 01:50 PM
Ive read that the system specs for lomac are the same as il2, but that cant be true, look at any screen shots of lomac and tell me that they will be the same as il2! If anyone can guess at what they will be it would be helpfull.
thanks.

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his!"

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 01:50 PM
Ive read that the system specs for lomac are the same as il2, but that cant be true, look at any screen shots of lomac and tell me that they will be the same as il2! If anyone can guess at what they will be it would be helpfull.
thanks.

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his!"

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 01:55 PM
There is a BIG differance between "minimum" system spec, and max. The screen shots you have seen are from max. Turn all that stuff off, and yes. You could play it on the same system specs as IL2. But I bet you the "reccommended" system specs are higher.

Gib

I am now accepting donations to help get the PBY flyable.

<center><form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post">
<input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_xclick">
<input type="hidden" name="business" value="gibbage@lycos.com">
<input type="hidden" name="item_name" value="Gibbages IL2; FB PBY Catalina Fund">
<input type="hidden" name="no_note" value="1">
<input type="hidden" name="currency_code" value="USD">
<input type="hidden" name="tax" value="0">
<input type="image" src="http://gibbageart.havagame.com/donations.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">
</form></center>

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 09:41 AM
I think it's gonna take an animal machine to get it running full whack. I mean I have a pretty good machine and a 9700 and I get the odd stutter from FB in Excellent mode (never mind Perfect!) when flying campaigns over big maps.
Imagine LOMAC, since it looks amazing /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 09:44 AM
one of the guys at the lomac forum made a really good video. it looks like it ran great and the graphics looked very good. these are his system specs: XP 2500+ with 1 Gig of PC 2700 Ram and an ATI 9700 PRo.

<center>

http://members.cox.net/jakevas/thepic.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 11:25 AM
Liquid Nitrogen cooled Cray Millenium IVxp3
5.5 Gigabytes of VVX Flip-Scram V-RAM
16 Terabyte, 20krpm SCSI3 "Gator" with 20 Gigabyte buffer and onboard P4 cache controller
Lightwave Twin Turbo Solar-Flare Video card with 1 Gig fast write Asynchronus Gel Ram and on board 220W power supply
Audiospike "Carnegie" Sound card with VorpelSpace surround speakers and two SubVERT Atomic sub-woofers
Phillips 39' Flat Panel Crystal Display

"Multithread that in your pipe and overclock it"

CC

Message Edited on 08/28/0310:28AM by Coon-Chow

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 12:04 PM
Coon-Chow wrote:
- Liquid Nitrogen cooled Cray Millenium IVxp3
- 5.5 Gigabytes of VVX Flip-Scram V-RAM
- 16 Terabyte, 20krpm SCSI3 "Gator" with 20 Gigabyte
- buffer and onboard P4 cache controller
- Lightwave Twin Turbo Solar-Flare Video card with 1
- Gig fast write Asynchronus Gel Ram and on board 220W
- power supply
- Audiospike "Carnegie" Sound card with VorpelSpace
- surround speakers and two SubVERT Atomic sub-woofers
- Phillips 39' Flat Panel Crystal Display

*Huff* That made me stop breathing for a moment... I want one of those! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

LO-MAC does look rather promising, and I'm thinking about giving it a try, even though I've not been much for jet-sims since EF2000. Kinda bummer that they won't make the F16 flyable, though...

*EDIT* DAMN!!! The graphics card on that thing has its own power supply! Now I KNOW I want one!

-----------------------------------

"I don't know what weapons World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones."
-A. Einstein
"And any leftover assault weapons" -Fallout Fan

I am an Arado whiner. And proud of it.

http://www.vectorsite.net/avar234.html
Not my site. But a good place to start if you want to join the Arado-whining. The Arado needs *you* today!

Message Edited on 08/28/0301:06PM by Dystopian