PDA

View Full Version : BoB - Online war

luftluuver
02-10-2007, 03:01 AM
With MG/1Cs new BoB game coming out, has anyone looked at an online war, (DiD type, sort of)? It will be alot of work to set up, so lets begin now.

Now I am looking at a historical war at least up to the airfield attacks. After that, it can continue as in history or the LW can continue with the airfield attacks until the RAF is wiped out (maybe). The Channel phase would have limited RAF participation.

Things to consider would be:
- losses and how replacements are done for front line units (the RAF could keep up with losses but the LW could not)
- how long can a DiD pilot stay dead (possibly join a reserve squadron and be rotated in - see next line)
- when would a RAF squadron be rotated in and out (how many losses before this happens?)
- RAF squadrons could have 2 identities - operational and reserve (how long before reserve goes front line?)
- how long a DiD LW pilots had to stay out before being allowed back as a replacement?

There is much more but that should get the discussion started.

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Lets have no posts on the real BoB unless it relates to the topic.

Mods keep an eye on the thread and delete posts that don't stay on topic to stop clutter.</span>

luftluuver
02-10-2007, 03:01 AM
With MG/1Cs new BoB game coming out, has anyone looked at an online war, (DiD type, sort of)? It will be alot of work to set up, so lets begin now.

Now I am looking at a historical war at least up to the airfield attacks. After that, it can continue as in history or the LW can continue with the airfield attacks until the RAF is wiped out (maybe). The Channel phase would have limited RAF participation.

Things to consider would be:
- losses and how replacements are done for front line units (the RAF could keep up with losses but the LW could not)
- how long can a DiD pilot stay dead (possibly join a reserve squadron and be rotated in - see next line)
- when would a RAF squadron be rotated in and out (how many losses before this happens?)
- RAF squadrons could have 2 identities - operational and reserve (how long before reserve goes front line?)
- how long a DiD LW pilots had to stay out before being allowed back as a replacement?

There is much more but that should get the discussion started.

<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Lets have no posts on the real BoB unless it relates to the topic.

Mods keep an eye on the thread and delete posts that don't stay on topic to stop clutter.</span>

JG53Frankyboy
02-10-2007, 05:22 AM
as moving groundobjects/ships and AI planes will be most possible useable on Dogfihtmaps............ i think the AirDominationWar guys have alseady no bad concept for such an Dogfightmap(i speak of the kind of online playmodus here !) based Onlinewar.

in my belive a COOP bases kind of will not happen anymore.

in my PERSONAL opinion, such things
"Things to consider would be:
- how long a DiD LW pilots had to stay out before being allowed back as a replacement?"

could empty a server and kill the fun to play on it............... for the most people who fly online i think - even for them who whant historical gameplay.