PDA

View Full Version : F keys

gwestwell
01-07-2005, 05:33 AM
I have had Pacific Fighters for a couple of months and have not been able to use it properly. It has loaded OK and I have updated it with the patches. The problem is the F keys............none of the defined views work at all. I have a Microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse. The F keys work fine with MS 2004 and other games I have.

Anybody got an idea as to how I can resolve thjis problem

Tully__
01-07-2005, 05:51 AM
Does that keyboard have a function lock key? If so, try toggling it...

gwestwell
01-07-2005, 07:12 AM
Yes it has a F key lock and I have toggled it to no avail.

Texas LongHorn
01-07-2005, 08:29 AM
gwestwell, if the toggle function doesn't work right I'll bet you have one of the those MS multi-media keyboards, right? Not just wireless but with volume control, etc. My bud had a similer problem and just bought Logitech wireless to replace it. That worked fine, but as long as you're sitting at your desk and close to the confuser you may just want to pick up a plain jane USB keyboard that you plug in and use for gaming. I suspect the el-cheapo USB's go for around ten bucks these days. All the best, LongHorn

gwestwell
01-07-2005, 09:38 AM
Thanks...........you are absolutely right - it is a MS multi-media keyboard - so there lies my problem. Just starnge that this is the only program that I am so far aware of which it doesn't work with.

Not sure the wife would welcome yet another keyboard - is there not a setting I can change to make this multi media keyboard work?

RoughRaider1
01-07-2005, 01:08 PM
The best keyboards are the one you find laying around in the cluttered up old office closet that don't have those stupid windows keys. Usually their built like a tank too.